Had the emissions update done

Oh well I don't know then...

They insisted that they must report if I don't do it and that the software update wouldn't mess with the car performance...

**** you Audi, seriously

I feel for you mate.

It's likely it will affect performance in some way. If it didn't, why bother with the disgusting unlawful and deceitful practice of installing a cheat device?

From what I've read my best guess is that it reduces the power curve at the low end of the rev range. This ensures it meets the legislative emission targets, while not affecting the 'peak performance' figures which are generally quoted on car specs. As we know, peak power only tells you part of the story....

Thats just my somewhat educated guess from my admittedly limited reading....

Reactions: X_Splinter
Mine is effected by it and theres not a chance i am letting Audi mess about with it. I have no warranty with Audi anyway.

Bought mine end of April and not sure if it's done or not.

Only in sport Modesto I gets occasional hiccup in higher gears at higher load, but put it down to over boost and ecu pulling things back.

Easiest solution is for people to grab a Mpps/galletto cable offline and read their map off before they get update done, then spend 5minutes flashing the old map back on if Audi ever need to update it.

Reactions: Gazwould
Volkswagen to Pay $10.2 Billion to Settle Emissions Scandal in U.S.

http://flip.it/6y7bi

Nice to see owners of scandal hit cars getting something.
In the UK we are in line to get sweet FA.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Such a shame dreaming on an Audi and when you get it you face this kind of problems...re map after.. Thats the only solution but s not fair as US market is well looked after..it s all about money and profits..when you re just about to get the car they are all over you..after ..well that s another story

Reactions: X_Splinter
Golf Mk6 2.0 Bluemotion TD140
My Mk6 1.6 is affected but the fix, which involves a software and hardware change, isn't due until late Q3. The A6 will have turned up by then so will probably try and get rid beforehand.

My A4 was in for service on Friday last week and explicitly told them not to do the update

All I had to do was sign the job card to say I'd asked for it not to be done and was advised that it really should be done at some point in the future

Reactions: IRONy_MAN, ruairi83 and X_Splinter
My A4 was in for service on Friday last week and explicitly told them not to do the update

All I had to do was sign the job card to say I'd asked for it not to be done and was advised that it really should be done at some point in the future
Exactly what I will be doing with my car for first service.

Had my recall letter in the post yesterday and booked the car in. Reason I'm going ahead with it is simply because they've printed black on white that nothing will change. So if it does, I'll be straight back to them to 'unfix' the car and be acting the most annoying customer they'd ever met. If they refuse 'unfixing' the car, then I will take legal action. The only thing is proof. I might get the car tested prior to my appointment, so I know where it is now. It is not new so it won't have factory fresh performance, possibly lost a few bhp over time etc. but not too bad. My appointment is August 24th, I'll report back after I had it done to share my findings.

Hi, be good to hear what you think after the fix.

Personally I am holding off even having Audi do my next service. Looking to use a good 'Indie' garage, so they will not apply the emission software fix.

Reactions: dp_motley and Meemo
Hi, be good to hear what you think after the fix.

Personally I am holding off even having Audi do my next service. Looking to use a good 'Indie' garage, so they will not apply the emission software fix.

Just tell Audi you dont want it doing. Thats what I did and they left well alone

Reactions: dp_motley
Just tell Audi you dont want it doing. Thats what I did and they left well alone

Sadly they do not always remember and do it anyway, seen a few on the facebook groups fuming about them doing it when told not to :(
I would tape over the ODB port and leave a big hanging sign saying 'do not update software' , just to be sure :)

Had my recall letter in the post yesterday and booked the car in. Reason I'm going ahead with it is simply because they've printed black on white that nothing will change. So if it does, I'll be straight back to them to 'unfix' the car and be acting the most annoying customer they'd ever met. If they refuse 'unfixing' the car, then I will take legal action. The only thing is proof. I might get the car tested prior to my appointment, so I know where it is now. It is not new so it won't have factory fresh performance, possibly lost a few bhp over time etc. but not too bad. My appointment is August 24th, I'll report back after I had it done to share my findings.
Think you'd have to have a rolling road test done to accurately get figures. Get it recorded and mention it to the main dealers before getting it updated. Tell them your getting it rechecked and if there's any difference you want original map putting back on. I'd be surprised if they agree, but good luck.

Really we should not be doing this extra work and expense so 'Audi' don't do what the customer requested.. Again it is about trust and since Audi (VAG) have lost this since this scandal. I understand people's concerns...And I don't believe them (audi) if you asked them not to do it.....I think they may and add the fix anyway.

If you tell the service advisors you've made several changes to the coding of the car, if they run it through SVM it'll wipe any changes back to how it came out from the factory. If you wipe the cruise control coding, the dash will light up like a Christmas tree and leave the technician working on the car a little red faced initially! Both times I've said about my retrofitted cruise to Stafford Audi and they've left SVM untouched and just plugged it in to reset the service indicator.

Rolling road before and after would be the only way to tell of any power changes. Obviously that wont include MPG differences though.

Reactions: Gazwould
Rolling road before and after would be the only way to tell of any power changes. Obviously that wont include MPG differences though.

Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-general-q/130961-anybody-had-nox-emmissions.html

Good news for those looking to do the fix but worried about power difference. Although any difference in fuel economy is yet to be established.

It would seem that any reductions in power due to reducing the emissions is being compensated by Audi applying a remap of sorts. I guess we all know that the engines from the factory can be improved significantly in terms of power and efficiency, but at the cost of warranty and possible additional strains on the engine components.

I guess the obvious question is did it do anything to actually reduce the emissions?!

Interesting with the dyno plots. As the thread mentions, the plot after is a lot more aggressive and slightly later on in the rev range. Makes me a little less worried about having the update done and having car feel terrible after

Well I have only a few dozen miles since the update and to be honest I really don't feel any difference

Interesting with the dyno plots. As the thread mentions, the plot after is a lot more aggressive and slightly later on in the rev range. Makes me a little less worried about having the update done and having car feel terrible after
Let you get yours done first Chris

Might have even been done when we bought them?
Main dealer as teesside said mine was on the system to do Chris, yours might if been done before purchasing, I'd ring and ask.

Unfortunately I have to get mine done, I was initially going to get it re-mapped after having the 'fix' but after reading this thread I may not get it done and just get my car re-mapped instead.
I've had a letter explaining what they will do when they 'fix' it but I've not been contacted to take it in and have it done. So I'll just hold out and see what happens..

Based on the dyno plots in that thread I linked, you will get slightly better power output by doing the fix....

Based on the dyno plots in that thread I linked, you will get slightly better power output by doing the fix....

Sorry, I completely missed that link in the post, had to go back and read it. Guess I'll see what happens if/when I get it done

Reactions: DrEskimo
No difference in power. 1-2bhp you are never going to feel. That later power/torque coming in you will feel though.

I dont blame you i had my A6 done and have dropped from 45 to 35 to the gallon its been back on diagnostics they say its running perfact worst thing i have done trying to find somewhere to put old programme back in

I dont blame you i had my A6 done and have dropped from 45 to 35 to the gallon its been back on diagnostics they say its running perfact worst thing i have done trying to find somewhere to put old programme back in
@Darren92 seems like what's happening you're one bud

Reactions: Darren92
I just got my "It's time to book your car in letter"... trouble is it's due in for them to look at a warranty issue, so I need a sure fire way of stopping them applying the update...

Duck tape over the ODB port

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

OBD socket lock? Unless you know that they need access to that for the warranty work, I think that duct tape can be removed - they will not manage that with a lock!