Had My Thermostat Changed, But....

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
The thing snapped didn't it:keule:, so now ive got togo buy yet something else for the s3, anyway am i ok driving around with it broke because im sure its leaking(slightly) also will a volkswagon part be similar, its just theres a volkswagon dealer close to me as aspose to audi which is aright trek:)

If you want something answered please make sure it's understandable because I sure don't know what you're going on about.

sorry thought id wrote it, im talking about the dipstick tube, sorry guys

My dipstick tube for my AUM engined A3 was purchased from VW, the Golf 4 has the same engine in later models so they were happy to help me, however, they did tell me that they couldn't get hold of dedicated Audi parts so if your car is an S3, they may turn you away. GSF also sell the dipstick tubes though so maybe worth contacting them?

Cheers pal, going to phone round vwspares, audi etc to see who can get it me first, cant see it being very expensive

It seems they always snap from what i have read. As long as you make sure the snapped bits are in as far as they go, you wont lose any real amount of oil , unless your car is breathing heavily enough to smoke out of the hole. Which i doubt.

Dont worry, go to VW and for around £3 it will be sorted

sound cheers guys, didnt think it'd be that cheap