Saloon Had my standard wheels diamond cut

Callump01

Reaction score
Hi all,

Back when I ordered my car I was in halfs about speccing the diamond cut wheels; they were one of the only options that I didn't tick after all. In the end I didn't go for them after hearing how much of a nightmare they can be to repair should they be curbed and I sort of regretted that decision after taking delivery, since the insides of the standard titanium wheels get coated in thick layers of easily visible brake dust and I found it really difficult to clean them properly... so I started looking at buying a set of black diamond cut saloon wheels from Audi so that I could maintain my wheels better (or rather, hide some of the brake dust!)

A brand new set of diamond cut alloys came back at 3 grand from Audi and I was seriously considering them or an aftermarket set, but then I dropped @AudiNutta a line and he recommended a place in Cardiff to get the wheels painted and diamond cut. Well I'm amazed by the results and thought i'd share it here in case there are any other owners with the standard wheels who want to do a similar thing.

Here's before

And here's after

I'd say they look pretty much identical to the factory saloon diamond cut wheels now? Total cost was £384... properly happy with how they look now! :icon thumright:

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, illingworth22, NevMan and 5 others
That's incredible! They look OEM. For just £384, too.

Reactions: NevMan and Callump01
I had a quote from posh wash in london for around £90 a wheel to do the same thing. I was sceptical.

But they said it will take 2 days - drop it in morning get it back next evening. I can’t not have a car for that long.

How long did it take?

I agree they look great - the issue with damage remains as far as repairs are concerned.

I had a quote from posh wash in london for around £90 a wheel to do the same thing. I was sceptical.

But they said it will take 2 days - drop it in morning get it back next evening. I can’t not have a car for that long.

How long did it take?

I agree they look great - the issue with damage remains as far as repairs are concerned.

I dropped it off on Wednesday morning and they had it until late afternoon on Friday. I think the main reason it takes so long as that they need to soak the wheels in an acidic solution and leave it there for some time and obviously the paint will also take quite awhile to dry properly. Get it done if you can mate, they look far better and will no doubt be much easier to keep looking clean!

The only downside is that you'll lose the little "Audi Sport" logo, however I am looking to meet up with @AudiNutta shortly to get his measured and have some etch-like stickers made up to put on my wheels.

Looks a good job there mate... look identical to the option’s from Audi! Nice work :icon thumright:

Reactions: Callump01
Hi all,

Back when I ordered my car I was in halfs about speccing the diamond cut wheels; they were one of the only options that I didn't tick after all. In the end I didn't go for them after hearing how much of a nightmare they can be to repair should they be curbed and I sort of regretted that decision after taking delivery, since the insides of the standard titanium wheels get coated in thick layers of easily visible brake dust and I found it really difficult to clean them properly... so I started looking at buying a set of black diamond cut saloon wheels from Audi so that I could maintain my wheels better (or rather, hide some of the brake dust!)

A brand new set of diamond cut alloys came back at 3 grand from Audi and I was seriously considering them or an aftermarket set, but then I dropped @AudiNutta a line and he recommended a place in Cardiff to get the wheels painted and diamond cut. Well I'm amazed by the results and thought i'd share it here in case there are any other owners with the standard wheels who want to do a similar thing.

Here's before

And here's after

I'd say they look pretty much identical to the factory saloon diamond cut wheels now? Total cost was £384... properly happy with how they look now! :icon thumright:
What a complete bargain and if you scuff an alloy you know where to go

Reactions: NevMan, AudiNutta and Callump01
Great job. This is something I will definitely consider.

Reactions: NevMan
Hi all,

Here's before

And here's after

Where did you have your wheels refurbished?

Reactions: NevMan
Hi all,

Here's before

And here's after

These look the ****** nuts

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan
1) They look phenomenal, for sure. A really good job.

2) Diamond cut are still a pain in the ***. I had the tiniest nick on my GTI and it spread to this massive cobweb looking blemish on the wheel. I'll be opting for black wheels in the near future.