had my car remapped today

had it done for a week now, and its looks like one of my coil packs is packing up :( getting a miss fire whne its about too come on full boost. lucky for me i have two brand new ones spare, so will find out which one is on its last legs.

had it on vagcom today and theres no fault code for any miss fires. wounder if its the plugs?

you seem clued up so go with your instinct and also do the cheap options first

think ive got some spare plugs from my a3 20vt so al try them. if that fails, i'll change each coil and go for a drive till i find it.

on idle it should be lumpy if dodgy coilpack

idles fine, just when i drive it misses, its happens around 3k rpm and up wards

Loved reading this thread....

As for coil packs on a 2001!!! They will be doing very well if they are originals...Try cylinders 2 and 3 first or do some data logging if you have the ability.

PM if i can help at all

ive changed 2, as 1 looked newer than 2, 3 means i'll have too take of the gear on top if it, which i'll do tomorrow after work.

cheers bud i'll be intouch if i have any probs

Just make sure theres no boost leak as the same thing happened to mine and it was a loose hose connection to the intercooler which came loose. good luck s90gav:uhm:

well another coil went yesterday lol so just bought two new ones and 4 plugs while i was there. so in the last 3weeks ive replaced 4 coil and plugs.

id deffo recommend to anyone who's going for a remap too buy 4 coil at the ready :)