Had a service today..... And i aint happy.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So i dropped the car off with my mechanic/mate.

Gave him a list of what todo:

Flush engine with forte + add treatment
New 5w-40 oil
New oil filter
New plugs
New thermostat
New rocker cover + rocker/cam cover gaskets.

First off, car wont sit at 90, when you put the cold blowers on the temp drops.
Second, they havent changed the cam cover gasket, the old one is a white, creamy colour, the new ones a dark purple, guess what, still old gasket.
Third, the car wasnt running quite right, plugged vag-com in, n112 valve error, cleared it, fired car up, scanned again, same error, checked under bonnet, the slack fookers left it un connected.
Latly, my dash is screwed, the lcd screen wasnt brillant before, but now its not even readable, also the time and miles lcd's are bright red, before the where a dull/burgondy colour.

So as you can see, tomorrows going to be fun when i go back.

Best part is though, i havent paid yet, said he'd settle up tomorrow, haha, thats going to be fun.

Whats the difference between 5w 40 and 10w 40 cos i put half a litre in mine about a week and a half ago

Just grading mate, different torelancea from cold and when warm etc.

Useless fookers when you go back tomorrow show them everything and tell them what your paying them for what they have done
And knock off more money for your time wasted
Were did you go for the work have you used them before

The problem is when you have a mate who is a mechanic. Because he is your mate he wont take the job as seriously as If you didn't know him, that's my opinion anyway. I have a mechanic/mate and he always moves mates cares behind new customers so he takes ages to get the work done. It's saft to say I rarely use him even though he is a really good mechanic.

Dont know how its affected the dash bill but it has.

Yup, i supplied all the parts and ive used him for years.

Haha ****** off dave, i was going to but them are lass was give me grieth not seeing her enough blah blah lol.

Dont know how its affected the dash bill but it has.

Yup, i supplied all the parts and ive used him for years.

Haha ****** off dave, i was going to but them are lass was give me grieth not seeing her enough blah blah lol.

Haha, look sex or car, its so hard to get the balance right haha, least this way i got both lol.

From what youve said sounds like they havent done anything, did they even change the oil? if the temp goes down with the heater on they havent changed the thermostat. This is why i service my cars myself so i know its done properly, i know its not always an option but its getting harder and harder to find a trust worthy garage. Go in there guns blazing what id do if i knew they hadnt done something.