Had a go in a S3 today - views

So the Gen 2 improved haldex doesnt make alot of difference either no as the Gen 1 wasnt exactly a slouch no??

Not sure what the Gen 2 on my car does or does not do in relation to transmission losses, suppose I'll find out one day when it goes on some rollers!

No fella I mean the improved gen 2 controller, not the stock one on your S3, there is an improved one you can fit that does a better split of power for the rears. awesome do it I think.

Just to throught more information in, Robin's A3 is quattro also so he had no advantage with the S3 having losses......

Will have a little blast around with him soon.....

When you come over next time we'll go for a hoooooning below 70mph.

Not sure what the Gen 2 on my car does or does not do in relation to transmission losses, suppose I'll find out one day when it goes on some rollers!

There's a slot with your name on it at the Regal day.... he he he

No fella I mean the improved gen 2 controller, not the stock one on your S3, there is an improved one you can fit that does a better split of power for the rears. awesome do it I think.

The Stock 8P Haldex is improved over the stock 8L Haldex , with quicker reaction times and less losses.

I'm not sure if it has a better split of power.

The face lift S3 will be better again than the pre face lift, but the Gen II HPP controller will let you have a more aggressive split of power and has 3 settings. normal , sport , and race modes.

p

The Stock 8P Haldex is improved over the stock 8L Haldex , with quicker reaction times and less losses.

I'm not sure if it has a better split of power.

The face lift S3 will be better again than the pre face lift, but the Gen II HPP controller will let you have a more aggressive split of power and has 3 settings. normal , sport , and race modes.

p

Thankyou someone knows the difference & improvements, facelift doesnt have this controller as far as I know so would benefit from the Gen 2 8P controller overall

As far as i know the pre face lift 8P S3 uses the same Haldex unit and settings as the face lift 8P S3.

Phantom, can you post some info about what you just said ?

As far as i know the pre face lift 8P S3 uses the same Haldex unit and settings as the face lift 8P S3.

Phantom, can you post some info about what you just said ?

As i understand it the face lift S3 uses the same controler , but has a Mechanical clutch for faster reaction times.

p

I read somewhere that the facelift S3 uses the Gen 4 Haldex, so it's a completely new system, including the controller. It could be wrong, but I definitely read it somewhere.

Not too sure mate on the controller , but it's defo mechanical not electrical controlled.

I think a uprated Haldex controller is my next mod. :)

p

lol classic & so true lol

Mitch obviously already has RTFM lol

This is making my day!

Just remember, when you've tied the knot, when you want :sex: you'll get :noway: then :lazy:
Just wait till she thing she no longer has to try to impress you :fart: :whistle2::blush:

Someone kindly took a photo of us on holdiay:

Regarding :
Just wait till she thing she no longer has to try to impress you :fart: :whistle2::blush:

I dont think ive got much to worry about tbh

marriage1.jpg