Hacking Cruise control?

Ironborn

English...not so good
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello guys, long shot, but is it possible to hack the cruise control so that it can be activated from standstill/ or low than 20mph?I do have VCDS but I'm sure that won't do it.

I have an auto, so I think it would be awesome to get the car to accelerate to a desired speed from a flick of a button. Miss my previous Peugeot with a speed limiter, you could plant your foot as hard as you like and not go a single mile over the speed limit.

You can do that if you have the adaptive cruise.
Not sure if it's a software coding or hardware specific

Is that on the new shape 8V? I don't think 8p has the option for adaptive does it? It has to be a software coding surely, it waits until around 15-20 before it response.

Is that on the new shape 8V? I don't think 8p has the option for adaptive does it? It has to be a software coding surely, it waits until around 15-20 before it response.
Yeah sorry that is on the 8V

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Even if you did manage to hack it, I wouldn’t trust the A3 system! LOL.
I don’t know whether it’s down to differences in the electronics or the fuel delivery system etc or what, but the cruise on my old B5 A4 Avant would keep at a certain speed, even downhill, but the (factory) cruise system on my A3 allows the speed to creep up noticeably if going downhill!
My mums petrol 2018 A1 shows exactly the same characteristics!
I only use cruise now on dead level roads!
It’s the last thing I’d use to prevent me getting a speeding ticket,LOL.