Habits...

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
I haven't posted a thread for while now, but I'm bored so......

I was sitting on the bog this morning and thinking about habits (you'll read why I was thinking about habits on the bog in a mo).

So... what are your strange/funny/weird habits??

I'll start.... One of my habits is:

After taking a dump I always stand up and wash my hands BEFORE pulling up my trousers. Once the hands are washed and dried then the trousers come up.
I don't know why I do this. I guess it's just...... a habit.

On a more serious note, I'm hoping a day doesn't come when I forget my trousers are still around my ankles and I walk out of the toilets for all to see. And if that does happen, fingers crossed it won't be during the summer fair or some other event at my daughter's school.

Ok, who's next....?

I am very particular, borderline OCD.

Things always have to be in a particular order with things I do.

For example, if im eating and I have a glass on the table it has to be in the corner of the table on the leg and if there is something else on the table loose, it will be on the opposite leg.

All the keys have to be together on the keyring as an example, they cant be halved by the keyring, they all have to be on one side if that makes sense.

My laces on shoes/trainers have to all be flat, if they are twisted in any way, they all come off and are re done.

I could go on.

Routines??

Yeah.
A daily habbit I have to follow.

Morning is:
Up
Turn alarm off cause I'm normally up before it.
Take clean underware from main room to spare room.
Boxers first.
Socks.
Trousers.
T-shirt.
Toilet.
Brush teeth.
Mouth wash.
Wash.
deodorant.
Down stairs.
Let the dogs out.
Open curtains.
make lunch.
get the dogs in.
go to work.

That sort of routines.

Assuming I understood your question. :)

I am very particular, borderline OCD.

Things always have to be in a particular order with things I do.

For example, if im eating and I have a glass on the table it has to be in the corner of the table on the leg and if there is something else on the table loose, it will be on the opposite leg.

All the keys have to be together on the keyring as an example, they cant be halved by the keyring, they all have to be on one side if that makes sense.

My laces on shoes/trainers have to all be flat, if they are twisted in any way, they all come off and are re done.

I could go on.

The laces, I'm with you. The rest... :tocktock:

Yeah.
A daily habbit I have to follow.

Morning is:
Up
Turn alarm off cause I'm normally up before it.
Take clean underware from main room to spare room.
Boxers first.
Socks.
Trousers.
T-shirt.
Toilet.
Brush teeth.
Mouth wash.
Wash.
deodorant.
Down stairs.
Let the dogs out.
Open curtains.
make lunch.
get the dogs in.
go to work.

That sort of routines.

Assuming I understood your question. :)

And in the evening?

All of that in reverse?? :happy:

loons

Reactions: A4_MaJiK, Andy Crooks and Ads
Thinking about it, that might be why I do what I do. Washing my hands first means that my trousers and belt always stay poo free.

I'm a genius without even trying to be.

That's one of my fears of public toilets.
If you get poo finger and your trousers are round your ankles, what do you do?
At least at home, you can waddle to the sink and wash your hands, can't do that in a public loo, you got to spend the day walking around with trousers or a wet patch where you tried cleaning the poo up...................I might start washing my hands post and pre poo.

Last edited:
Poo finger???

I thought I was mad!!!

Routine is what its all about though isnt it guys, i would be lost without routine in my life.

Even when we go away, its normally All Inclusive, so we end up getting into a routine with that as well!!!

Theres no getting away from it.

Reactions: ScottD3
You can't beat a routine.

The wife has done a lot of travelling for work recently and I hate it.
Really messes up parts of my routine. I hate it.

Once I got in to a new routine, she's back again.

I hate routines! I try go a different way to work, mixing it up when possible. I change whether I have my shower, breakfast or morning poo in a different order. Sometimes I put my socks on and walk around the house naked for a bit, just to live on the edge! I even change the way I wash my car, sometimes start at the front, other times the back.

I don't like doing the same thing, at the same time, every single day.

Reactions: JudderMan, superkarl and Nilz
I hate routines! I try go a different way to work, mixing it up when possible. I change whether I have my shower, breakfast or morning poo in a different order. Sometimes I put my socks on and walk around the house naked for a bit, just to live on the edge! I even change the way I wash my car, sometimes start at the front, other times the back.

I don't like doing the same thing, at the same time, every single day.

Don't have a nervous breakdown because of what I am about to say, but........... by making a conscious effort to do all of that^^^ you are actually following a routine. In fact, what you are following is the mother of all routines, and it takes the most energy.

The routine of not following a 'routine' is the biggest OCD of them all.

So good luck with that.

Reactions: ScottD3
Don't have a nervous breakdown because of what I am about to say, but........... by making a conscious effort to do all of that^^^ you are actually following a routine. In fact, what you are following is the mother of all routines, and it takes the most energy.

The routine of not following a 'routine' is the biggest OCD of them all.

So good luck with that.

I'm currently sat in cold sweats at what you just said.

Reactions: Ads
Moving away from the toilet routines and habits! lol

I'll admit I am pretty OCD when it comes to parking my car....

Not where exactly but I do try and line it up best I can -

Often just as I'm about to switch the car off and get out I will still chuck in a few more manoeuvres to try and get mm perfect! lol

I always try and avoid driving the same way that I've come and often look for alternative routes just to get a variety from the journey :)

Reactions: Sandra
LOL...straight to the point hey Jo??

Reactions: crazy88 and Sandra
I thought this thread was going to be full of nose picking, finger biting, bum scratching, whistling etc. Not routines.

My life is too spontaneous for routines. Rarely is a day the same as another.

E.g. Yesterday I was locked out the house for two hours, I sat on a wall and ate some left over lunch, I then went to Starbucks and got a coffee, read a book, went back home, still locked out, went to library, did some work, then finally went home.

You see, I'm with Karl. Ads will no doubt call your life a routine still...to make himself feel better. ;)

Haha! Consider it done. You have the same habits as my wife it seems, and my mother in law. :moa:

Reactions: Ads
OK back on track, Volumes??

Im on about the TV, Stereo etc, it always has to be on an even number for me, unless its a denomination of 5.

Reactions: A4_MaJiK, kwistof and ScottD3
I'm the same Nilz.
And AC numbers.

I hate the new line of VAG cars with the volume button.
They have power symbol on them that moves when you adjust the volume.
So it could be 10, happy even number but the button symbol is upside down or off to one side.
Turn the stereo off, put it the right way up and turn it back on again, happy days. Unless its got set the volume on state and then its a nightmare and I don't turn it on.

I drove a new Audi A4 for several days and it did the same thing but luckly it had MFSW, so I just set the symbol to correct way and used the steering wheel.

Reactions: Nilz