H7 LED Low Beam/High Beam Bulbs OR Philips Diamond Vision

8385HJ

Reaction score
Which ones would you pick? I need a new set of bulbs and am tired of the yellowness of the halogens

Phillips Crystal Vision for me, standard H7 halogen

Nice white light, perfect! Might be wrong but are the LED's not illegal for main/dipped beam? There is another thread on this subject:-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/132536-nightbreaker-plus-philips-diamond-vision-bulbs.html

S

Correct ! Led replacement headlight bulbs are illegal for road use in the UK. In any case without properly designed projector headlights led's wouldn't work as the light output is insufficient.

Reactions: SWILKO
Correct ! Led replacement headlight bulbs are illegal for road use in the UK. In any case without properly designed projector headlights led's wouldn't work as the light output is insufficient.

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me :) i will be ordering some diamond vision bulbs or crystal vision tomorrow.

:)

I have the Diamond Vision bulbs as fogs. against my Xenons they still look slightly off colour but way whiter than the OEM bulbs. So I guess it'll be the same for headlight bulbs. Unless you have the R8 with full LED technology you won't get the light beam cast ahead of you nor stay on the right side of the law.

^^^ they'll likely be crap IMO, the blue filter reduces light output too.

I bought some OSRAM nightbreakers off ebay for under £15 off ebay; they are definitely whiter than normal and seem pretty bright, they do impress every time I turn the lights on for halogen lights anyway.. They do have a very small filter on the bulb but with a gap around the filament.

Last edited:
2012-01-21_15-41-03_358.jpg

Fitted those ultra power bulbs today. Havent used them in the dark yet, but they look a lot yes yellow and also a lot brighter than oem bulbs in daylight.

Rate the ultra power bulbs they look like xenon's at night and are decent!

:scared2:

Function before fashion?

Got this mixed up!

S

I wasnt aware of the light output of the LEDs my mistake obviously and needed some clarification hence the post of course

I wasnt aware of the light output of the LEDs my mistake obviously and needed some clarification hence the post of course

No probs, got CV's fitted, nice white light.....but illegal:eyebrows: