H7 dipped beam/side light leds

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
Ok, I have had the bulbs and resistors here for a while but due to work commitments , I havent had the time to fit them.

Well i am now on holiday, so it is time.

Trial fitted one side tonight with now resistors, so they only stay on for a few seconds, but long enough for a picture and idea of what they look like.

sorry for the crap pics.....its dark and i am no photograper! :)

comments please, and if positive, i may fit them all properly tomorrow!

Photo0241.jpg

Photo0243.jpg

obviously, the leds are on the left :whistle2:

Last edited:
What bulbs are they? Tonight i just fitted some Philip's blue vision H7 and side lights..

:thumbsup:

Cant remember the brand of them but they are led's :)

meant to be 6000k h7's on the dipped.

I think i need some differant side bulbs though as they dont quite match the h7 bulb colour.

yes you could. Or even get 2 sets and put the old ones in your fogs. I think they are h7 also :)

Scrap that, they are h11 by the looks of it for the fogs........:whistle2:

Last edited:
the h7's are led's? could i have the link please? and also where do you mount the resistor?!

did you change the side lights dipped and main beam to led's?

thanks

You can get H7 LED bulbs here - but I wouldn't have thought that LEDs were bright enough to use for headlights yet...

I know the new R10 has LED headlights, but can't help thinking that the aftermarket led bulbs won't quite be up to that level of brightness...
I think they're more suitable for turning your existing foglights into "daytime running lights", by swapping the halogen bulbs for LEDs....

Here are the links:

http://www.virtualvillage.co.uk/2-x-18-led-smd-h7-white-12v-fog-light-bulb/sku002510-351

They do an H11 bulb too for those of you that have H11 foglights instead of the more usual H7 fog lights...

http://www.virtualvillage.co.uk/2-x...ight-bulbs-hid-leds-car-vehicle/sku002510-299

oh ok, so you would reccomend using LED h7 bulbs for main and dipped beam?

how would i know which bulb my fogs take? is it a question of opening them then checking?

thanks

I can't say for sure, but my guess is not.

The headlights are designed to take the light from one precice focussed point (the filament of the ordinary bulb) and to reflect that into a beam of light, using the reflectors.

The LEDs won't be putting out in the right place to create the right shaped beam of light.

I'm more interested in getting the brightest headlights for night driving than the colour myself - but realise that others have different priorities...

My best experience so far is Phillips X-Treme Vision bulbs. They're a very white light and in Autoexpress tests, came out the best of all the conventional halogen headlight bulbs.

Anything with a blue tint will look nice, but the tint will always reduce the light output.

Its only a 5 minute job to remove your fog lights to see what type of bulb they use.
I know mine are H7 but I do hear others say theirs are H11....

yeah im after the HID xeon look, so its best i should buy Phillips X-Treme Vision bulbs have used osram in the past, wasn't really happy with the outcome

Hmm, maybe it's the pic, but they do look a bit too blue for my liking.

@ scottie123 mate in the first picture what bulbs are you using on the right hand side? halogen ones obv but what brand? there like clear clear white, sort or something im after!

@ scottie123 mate in the first picture what bulbs are you using on the right hand side? halogen ones obv but what brand? there like clear clear white, sort or something im after!

I think that the photos really dont show what they really looklike .
The ones on the right are standards, and are actually quite a horrible yellow in real life.

Still deciding now what to do.

I am just not convinced by the leds out put. In real life , the colour of them is pretty much what i wanted, but I just dont know if they are going to be bright enough for driving.........

I just dont want to start splicing resistors into the wiring looms just to take them all out again.

I might just use led sidelights, and get some uprated H7,s

So maybe if someone wants some h7 leds and resistors, they could be getting sold.

Still sitting on the fence though.......:think:

The Philips X-Treme vision are a really strong white.

They're not the "bluey-white" (if that's what you really want), but nor are they yellow either.

I've not heard anything about the Ring bulbs, but in Autoexpress tests, the Ring offerings always came out worse than the Osram or Phillips equivalents...

The Phillips X-Treme +80% bulbs came out ahead of the Osram +90s

I've got X-Treme +80s in my dipped beam, I've put my old Osram Silverstars in my main beam and I've got H4 X-Treme bulbs in both my Yaris SRs....

I think the Phillips are4 the brightest and truest-white halogen bulbs you can get at the moment...

Think i may get some of the philips extreme then.

Cheers for the heads up alfiejts!!

dont know mate. The onl,y reason i can think of is that perhaps of the colours and intensity , they are dazzling. I know i have been past a few cars which i presume have these on and they can be quite bright.

However, saying that, i'm not sure what the differance will be between them and the white extremes, as these surely are also very bright and possible to dazzle, as the are 80% brighter.

Maybe someone knows the exact reasons why?

I have the philips xtreme in mine, I can confirm they are very white, not a hint of blue to be honest.

Being obsessive about headlight brightness, I've tried nealry every bulb that's come out over the past few years - especially those that did OK in the Autoexpress bulb tests.

I've used Phillips Vision Plus, Osram Silverstars, Halfords Megabright, GE +60s plus others I can't remember.

I haven't tried the really expensive PIAA bulbs, but of all the road-legal 55w bulbs I've used, the X-Treme vision are noticeably brighter than any of them....