H&R Springs Vs Eibach Pro

locost47

Reaction score
Hi all,
Your have probably been asked this a thousand times before but do the H&R 35mm springs offer a better ride quality than the std S-Line set up? Im looking to lower my 2.0TDi sport and dont know what to spring to go for Eibach pro or H&R? Is there a big difference between the ride quality between the two? I dont really want the ride much firmer, just want to close the arch gap a little. Thanks.

I have used both on A4s and the ride on the Eibcah is firm, but still comfortable. The H and Rs tend to be more crashy, but slightly lower. I assume it can't be much different for the A3

Yeah I think Ill go for the Eibachs as 5mm difference in height between the two is not really noticeable and the Eibachs are going to give me the better ride comfort, Thanks.:thumbsup:

the h&rs are better qaulity and a better spring that eibach ...the ride drops it whilst being more comfy ..
i went from sline suspension which was terrible to h&rs and 19 inch rims i love it now feels more planted to the road and handles better , i cant compare them with eibach but i do know eibach are slightly more bouncy and h&r is a better qaulity , hope this helps

Jon, thats the opposite to what we find on the A4's. Strange. I wonder if it's also down to shocks? You using the SLINE shocks?

I think the Eibach's are around £140 and the H&R's £190 - £200 but Id gladly pay the extra if the H&R's gave a better ride quality than the S-Line set up. Im just not sure that I would notice a difference in the drop with the Eibach's and 35mm seems a sensible drop which would put it closer to the S3 height.

I have H&R's on my 2.TDI. A good upgrade from the standard s-line suspension, less harsh and much more planted when you put your foot down round corners. Went for the H&R's as i was told they were better than the eibach's overall. Car sits more lower now and looks almost the same ride height as an S3. ;)
Need some spacers now so the wheels come out a bit more :keule:

as my pm says, i have heard people say that, what eibach offer, you dont usually get, so if they offer a 30mm drop, you might only get a 20mm drop. i went for the H&R's as they drop it to the same height as the s3 and they are a better quality spring. it is a hard decision as its something quite hard to change on a car, and a bit a money to fork out for something that you might not be happy with!

have a look at 10blazin's motor as he is sitting on H&R 35mm and is sits very nicely.

Im going to go for the H&R's as a few of you have said the ride is not massively different to what I have now and they will drop the car by the amounted quoted, really loved the look of 10blazin's sportback on the H&R's with the split rims:hubbahubba:

oh, forgot to say thanks for all the advice, much appreciated.:icon_thumright:

Hi. I've got the new A3 cabrio 1.8T sport - and I hate the suspension - way too stiff. Had no probs with the A3 SE at all. Do let us know what the result is on your car?

Ok no problem. Just lost getting a set of 18" BBS multi spoke Audi rims on ebay, was outbid at the last minute by £5! The winning bid was £245! Lucky sod:crying:

mine dosent have split rims locost47 this is mine on h&rs now they have settled a little more look nice

6.jpg

That looks very nice, just sits right. I thought I seen a black sportback on Audi split rims, must of been another members car. I am looking at a set of audi tt multispoke rims, I think they are of the 3.2 Quattro? Mk 1 They are 35mm offset, will they fit my car? or if they stick out too much can I get 4mm Machined of the mating face of the wheel?

35mm will sit out quite a lot. standard ET is 55 i have fitted rs6 reps with ET45 and they are now fitting flush with the wings. would you not be decreasing the strength of the alloy if you machine off a few mm though?

have a look on wheelbase. i think the best alloys now for the a3 are the new rs6's!

Yeah I think I will keep looking for the Correct alloys for the car, dont want to bodge a set just to make them fit. rs6's are nice but I like the look of the BBS CH, can pick up a set of replicas fairly cheap.

yea the bbs ch are a beautiful alloy. suit the car extremely well, id say the CH's or rs6's. have you seen boydies old a3?

Yeah it looks really nice, I also like the New style R32 but not sure what they would look like on an A3, Seen a set the other day on an A4 and they looked nice, just suited the car. I have to much time on my hands at work, its costing me a fortune...lol

all the money you pay out for you car is worth while! my missis doesn't believe me when i say that but i keep telling her its true! lol you should put some pics of your car up!

Yeah I will, I got a S3 lower diffuser of ebay and its away getting painted, so when its on ill post some pics, I think when this is on ill really need some wheels to make it look right, I change my mind on wheel styles by the hour so really just need to put my money where my mouth is and get a set and be done with it..lol

I have the Eibach Pro-kit on my S3, that consists on the only front springs -and- I am not happy, because:
- the car is too low in the front, and the car is not balanced well.
- the springs are not stiff enough
I have used Eibach springs in professional rally races for years now, and have never been as dissatisfied about them as now!
By the way, I will go H&R, just like my ARB's

i take it with the springs u have used before they were designed for racing?

i think their road springs are soft, some may like it, but if you want sharp handling, id say get the H&R's for a stiffer ride!