H&R springs for S3 (8V)... which part number?

Grant

Reaction score
I'm looking for H&R lowering springs, but I'm struggling to work out which is the correct part number for my car.

I do not have MRC, so which kit is most suited for my car. Most people seem to be going for 28826-2 however is this the correct set of springs?

28826-1
H&R Audi A3 Quattro Type 8V Sport Springs 40mm
from year '13 ->, 4WD, incl. Sportback, not suitable for vehicles with MRC (Magnetic Ride Control) + Audi Drive Select, for multi-link /four-link and twist beam RA

28826-2
H&R Audi A3 Quattro Type 8V Sport Springs 40mm from year '13 ->, 4WD, incl. Sportback, suitable for vehicles with MRC (Magnetic Ride Control) + Audi Drive Select, for multi-link /four-link and twist beam RA

28810-1
H&R Audi S3 Type 8V Sport Springs 15mm from year '13 ->, 4WD, incl. Sportback, without MRC + Audi Drive Select
H&R Audi S3 Type 8V Sport Springs 25mm from year '13 ->, 4WD, incl. Sportback, with MRC + Audi Drive Select

I dont see any problem!

If you want to lowering about 40 mm then 28826-1.

If you want only about 15mm then 28810-1.

Here's a couple of pics of the ones I got from Greame at GNJ........mine has dropped 20mm both ends.

Reactions: Fiddie
The label on the box says for Audi S3 with MRC/Audi Drive Select. I don't have MRC and I don't think you (J6YAK) have MRC either.

So... are these springs ok for use on cars without MRC?

The label on the box says for Audi S3 with MRC/Audi Drive Select. I don't have MRC and I don't think you (J6YAK) have MRC either.

So... are these springs ok for use on cars without MRC?

Well they are on and working just fine as you saw yourself the other night, I don't have MRC so I hope they are the right ones!!

Well they are on and working just fine as you saw yourself the other night, I don't have MRC so I hope they are the right ones!!

Your car sits really nice with them fitted. I just want to be 100% sure that I order the correct ones for my car.

Today I phoned H&R in Germany, GNJ Motorsport and H&R in the US and I can't get a consistent answer.

- H&R Germany say 28810-1
- GNJ Motorsport say 28226-2
- H&R in the US had no idea!

Your car sits really nice with them fitted. I just want to be 100% sure that I order the correct ones for my car.

Today I phoned H&R in Germany, GNJ Motorsport and H&R in the US and I can't get a consistent answer.

- H&R Germany say 28810-1
- GNJ Motorsport say 28226-2
- H&R in the US had no idea!

That's weird !! You would think it should be straight forward??? Good luck!!

What's your thoughts on this J6YAK? Bearing in mind you already have the 28226-2 fitted and mine are due to be installed next Thursday! So?

Graeme would you care to offer your advice?

UPDATE. REPORT ON 28826-2 FROM TUV, and Grant i take when you mean approved you mean TUV APPROVED not required for the UK?

http://www.h-r.com/bin/28826.pdf

(Page 4 of 7) Provided the following conditions are complied with, there are no objections, from a technical

point of view, to using standard and further wheel/tyre combinations in conjunction with the described modification to the suspension:

Last edited:
Ok although I was initially concerned about this I have since called H&R in Germany and the part number has been changed due to the specs being changed slightly (in which way i'm not sure) but the springs 28826-2 which are fitted to my car DO still have TUV approval and ARE fit for purpose.

Looking at H&R's website it appears that the new springs may not lower the car as much -15mm as apposed to the old -20mm which mine are. Maybe this is the difference??

Chances are anyone ordering these anytime soon will probably get the old number until stock of these are done and the new number is introduced, depends where and when they are ordered i guess??

I am very happy with the way it sits and drives so I'm not concerned at all now.

Louay,
Yours will be fine mate, you won't be dissapointed.

Grant,
Get them ordered!!! (when is your car due?)

Reactions: Louay and GNJ_Motorsport
I'm in contact with H&R to find out what the hell they are doing with this. I'm furious as we bought a load of the 28826-2 for stock earlier this year. We still have some left and have sold quite a few sets.

What I will say is that our S3 has had them on for months now and they are genuinely the best set of lowering springs I have ever fitted to any of my cars. The ride is spot on and it dropped the car exactly the amount they quoted. As soon as I have any info I'll post back in this thread.

Ok although I was initially concerned about this I have since called H&R in Germany and the part number has been changed due to the specs being changed slightly (in which way i'm not sure) but the springs 28826-2 which are fitted to my car DO still have TUV approval and ARE fit for purpose.

Looking at H&R's website it appears that the new springs may not lower the car as much -15mm as apposed to the old -20mm which mine are. Maybe this is the difference??

Chances are anyone ordering these anytime soon will probably get the old number until stock of these are done and the new number is introduced, depends where and when they are ordered i guess??

I am very happy with the way it sits and drives so I'm not concerned at all now.

Louay,
Yours will be fine mate, you won't be dissapointed.

Grant,
Get them ordered!!! (when is your car due?)

I'm in contact with H&R to find out what the hell they are doing with this. I'm furious as we bought a load of the 28826-2 for stock earlier this year. We still have some left and have sold quite a few sets.

What I will say is that our S3 has had them on for months now and they are genuinely the best set of lowering springs I have ever fitted to any of my cars. The ride is spot on and it dropped the car exactly the amount they quoted. As soon as I have any info I'll post back in this thread.

J6YAK. Thanks for your reassurance.

GNJ Motorsport & J6YAK. Just received the following email direct from H&R which should remove any element of doubt.

Grant. FYI, hope the email offers some clarification on the matter.

Hello again,
28826-2 is the older version, it was switched to 28810-1 some weeks ago.
Technically there is no problem in using 28826, it is also TÜV approved.
The new version 28810-1 is just slightly lower.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Yvonne Menzebach
Export / Sales

H&R Spezialfedern GmbH & Co. KG
Elsper Straße 36
57368 Lennestadt / Trockenbrück
T: +49 2721 / 9260-0 /-47
F: +49 2721 / 10708
E: ym@h-r.com
www.h-r.com

J6YAK. Thanks for your reassurance.

GNJ Motorsport & J6YAK. Just received the following email direct from H&R which should remove any element of doubt.

Grant. FYI, hope the email offers some clarification on the matter.

Hello again,
28826-2 is the older version, it was switched to 28810-1 some weeks ago.
Technically there is no problem in using 28826, it is also TÜV approved.
The new version 28810-1 is just slightly lower.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Yvonne Menzebach
Export / Sales

H&R Spezialfedern GmbH & Co. KG
Elsper Straße 36
57368 Lennestadt / Trockenbrück
T: +49 2721 / 9260-0 /-47
F: +49 2721 / 10708
E: ym@h-r.com
www.h-r.com

Cheers Louay

I'm more than happy with the drop of 20mm all round on mine.

Although H&R says the new ones are lower? their website says -25mm for MRC equipped cars which is lower, however my car doesn't have MRC and therefore the new springs will be higher @ -15mm as appossed to -20mm (old springs)

if that makes sense?

Reactions: Louay
Cheers Louay

I'm more than happy with the drop of 20mm all round on mine.

Although H&R says the new ones are lower? their website says -25mm for MRC equipped cars which is lower, however my car doesn't have MRC and therefore the new springs will be higher @ -15mm as appossed to -20mm (old springs)

if that makes sense?

It is fair to say H&R aren't covering themselves in glory here with the confusion but this is what I have been told:

Hi Graeme

Right…

The new part number they changed to meet TUV approval across all models. In doing so they are saying the fronts are 15mm lower and the rears are 10mm lower than the old kits. They are also 10nm stiffer.
I think the German market sees more MRC cars and they wanted them lower than what they were getting.
There is no issue with your springs, the approval is just for TUV they have switched the TUV from your part number to the new part number.

So the new springs are supposedly lower and stiffer. I love the way ours sits and rides so I'd still advise people to use the kit we have (28826-2)

Reactions: Louay
Looks like the part numbers have changed again - 50343 Sport Spring and 50343-77 Super Sport Spring. Both seem to state with or without mag ride. These are shown as 8VS so maybe sedan/saloon ?

Last edited:
Yes, just fitted mine earlier this week. The part# is 50343.

Just found a decent website with H&R part numbers, the Sportback model shown as 8VA and the part number for the S3 being 28810-1.

may I ask is the 28826-2 suitable for the 3 door as well as sportback?

28226-2's are what I've put on my 3 door none mag ride and it's perfect. I can't put the pics up but I've got them on Instagram - Parki977

Reactions: BobbyCS3
I've got a SB, no mag ride - I'm confused on what springs to order.... who is close to london for me to get them fitted?

I got non mag ride s3 saloon and would like to know which part numer is correct for sports springs?

28826-1 I think mate, I'm not sure if the part numbers have changed though.

Try parts request system @mjr901 or Damian at @DPM they should be able to help you out

so what is the part number for a sportback non-mag ride? confused :blink:

28826-1 Sure it's this if you want a 20mm drop mate. Don't think it matters if it's sportback or not.