H&R rear ARB

millsy75

Reaction score
Hi all, have many of you on here done the H&R rear anti roll bar on your PFL RS3's?

Did you fit it with or without lowering the car?

Thanks.

Reactions: Naylor92
challenge 100, you probs wanna raise the car to fit it, lowering it just makes it a whole more difficult task

/LOL

Up in the Air both wheels off ground

I dropped the rear exhaust hanger mountings to give an extra few inches to wiggle the old one out / get the new one in.

Mines a Facelift but same underneath at the rear.
b5f3072a743946bd6514f6d7a8705391.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: millsy75
Up in the Air both wheels off ground

I dropped the rear exhaust hanger mountings to give an extra few inches to wiggle the old one out / get the new one in.

Mines a Facelift but same underneath at the rear.
b5f3072a743946bd6514f6d7a8705391.jpg

Sorry, I mustn't have been clear in what I meant. I was asking have people ran the ARB on lowered suspension or stock ride height.

I have a H&R rear ARB to be fitted to my PFL and I didn't intend on lowering the car (springs) or adding wheel spacers.

I'm guessing part numbers would be the same for the RS3 8V FL or PFL then when it comes to rear ARB

I have a H&R rear ARB to be fitted to my PFL and I didn't intend on lowering the car (springs) or adding wheel spacers.

I'm guessing part numbers would be the same for the RS3 8V FL or PFL then when it comes to rear ARB

Lowered here. Fitted the ARB after fitting the Eibach springs. Good mod to compliment the springs.

The bar is great upgrade on stock or lowered suspension.

My car .. rear arb H&R .. lowered by eibach and forge spacers 11 mm .
Great handling

Few

Attachments

• 37C55305-B491-44BC-B127-B5A9C924FCDF.jpeg
    37C55305-B491-44BC-B127-B5A9C924FCDF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
Thanks for the feedback, there's no downside to this mod is there? Doesn't make the back end unstable in any way does it?
I went for a slightly softer bar, super pro, as I had the same concern about it being too lively in the rear, but its really not an issue, I'm now using the stiffer setting.
The rs3 always felt a little soft/floaty in high speed corners and perhaps the bar would make it looser in 4th gear corners, but I stay conservative when cornering high speeds.
You'll love it punching out of corners and round abouts it makes it feel solid and pointy.

I went for a slightly softer bar, super pro, as I had the same concern about it being too lively in the rear, but its really not an issue, I'm now using the stiffer setting.
The rs3 always felt a little soft/floaty in high speed corners and perhaps the bar would make it looser in 4th gear corners, but I stay conservative when cornering high speeds.
You'll love it punching out of corners and round abouts it makes it feel solid and pointy.

Thanks, sounds great. Have you lowered your car? I'm hesitant to do it. My daily is lowered about 30mm and I have to hit speed humps below 10mph which I don't enjoy, also wheel spacers look good but I worry about road rash up the sides and scraping issues.

Mine has around 20mm drop, which is a good compromise.