Gyeon MOHS+ ceramic coating

Lawrence27

Reaction score
I have been quoted £500 to have the following new car detail applied.

GYEON MOHS+ Ceramic coating
GYEON Q2M to rim faces only
Q2M TRIM for all plastic surfaces

It seems a fair price, anyone else had this coating applied and have any feedback if it is worth it?

Cheers

Yea seems about right.

Obviously it’s all in the prep though, so assume this will be after a full wash, decon and correction?

Do you know if it’s just an enhancement correction, or will it involve a 2-stage correction if needed?

Yes it includes all the usual prep and single stage correction, will that be enough as it will be a brand new car?

Reactions: DrEskimo
Yes it includes all the usual prep and single stage correction, will that be enough as it will be a brand new car?

Depends mate....

If you've ever watched White Details on YouTube (does a lot of new car preps and ceramic coatings) you wills see he sometimes gets new cars in that will be fine with just a single stage enhancement, whilst some will have had some minor repair work during the QC stage, and come with the usual sanding marks and buffer trails that might require some cutting and then refining (2-stage).

Guess it depends how fussy you are. I imagine it will look 99% amazing, and if it has any of those bad marks, you will probably only see them if you go looking for them with direct sunlight :p

I'll be pushing to get the rims off and get the ceramic on the wheel hubs as well though...thats the most annoying part to keep clean and will benefit the most from a ceramic!

My wife's Golf has MOHS+ on it. Been on a year now and working well. Happy to recommend it. I keep it topped up with Gyeon Cure diluted 1:1 with water.

I have been quoted £500 to have the following new car detail applied.

GYEON MOHS+ Ceramic coating
GYEON Q2M to rim faces only
Q2M TRIM for all plastic surfaces

It seems a fair price, anyone else had this coating applied and have any feedback if it is worth it?

Cheers
That's a reasonable quote mate these basic ceramic coatings are all of the same quality Gyeon gtechniq, CQ quarts etc, they last ex amount of time and are relatively low maintenance and will deter swirling to a extent but it's far from permanent