Guy Martin -Worlds Channel 4 @ 9pm

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Guy embarks on his latest speed challenge, as he visits Ellington Airfield near York to try to become the first person to drive a tractor at more than 100 mph.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Audi Bairn, Charlie Farley and 2 others
Honda ride on mower is a bit quicker though:yes: 130+ mph and also a bit quick on the starts..:icon thumright:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and CHEZ
Looking forward to watching it as all his programs are very good.
What I would say is this, from the clips I've seen it looks like a very highly modified JCB unit modified solely for the fastest tractor record, but in reality it's no longer a tractor, it cant perform any function as a tractor or how it was originally designed.

"
The specially adapted vehicle was based on the commercially available JCB Fastrac, which the Uttoxeter-based company sells around the globe.

Despite coming away with the record, speedster Guy felt the team could go one step further so went back to the factory to design the lighter and more streamlined Fastrac two. "

The idea is great but it is not really fair in my view, a tractor is a specific piece of equipment that performs specific tasks with numerous variations on them, but not in such a modified way .
Anyway , looking forward to it but would have been nice to see it done with a more suitable tool than a specifically and highly modified unit.

rob

Last edited:
Good program, but still don't think it was really fair to call it worlds fastest tractor , just modified too far in my view, just me though.

Reactions: Sandra