GUTTED!!!

dappadan786

Reaction score
heres a few pics of my 1.8t gutted, was looking for leaking vac pipes and decided to replace a few gaskets too! and install the ROYAL PAIN in the *** ATP exhaust mani. hard to take pics with my new nokia E71 as my hands where covered in crap and didnt want to get the new phone dirty!

theres a few people who might find a few pics useful if there looking to do a turbo install, replace knock sensors( remembered you Soupie69 and took a few shot for you mate), see where exactly the crank breather pipe sits under the intake mani and a few other bits.

got a few more updated pics which i havent uploaded yet when i do ill post them up!

29082008019.jpg

29082008018.jpg

29082008020.jpg

29082008021.jpg

29082008022.jpg

29082008023.jpg

29082008024.jpg

29082008025.jpg

29082008026.jpg

29082008029.jpg

29082008031.jpg

29082008034.jpg

29082008035-1.jpg

29082008036-1.jpg

29082008038-1.jpg

29082008035.jpg

Updated pics with ATP mani on with new washers & nuts,hard to take pics with the airbox in the way but i couldnt be asked to take it out again. as you can see theres very little space once the ATP mani is in its almost twice the size as stock! make it very hard and fiddly with the nuts it requires alot of patience.

30082008039.jpg

30082008040.jpg

30082008041.jpg

****** hell glad I'm dropping mine off to my mate next week to have all my work done, I was feeling sick about coughthing up £350 labour to have my Oil pump, clutch, sump cam belt, Water pump and turbo fitted but now I'm glad.

Could not aford the down time.

Nice work.

****** hell glad I'm drop mine off to my mate next week to have all my work done, I was feeling sick about coughthing up £350 labour to have my Oil pump, clutch, sump cam belt, Water pump and turbo fitted but now I'm glad.

Could not aford the down time.

Nice work.

£350??? BARGAIN! luckily i didnt have to take the bumper off which is a PITA!

He's going to take the engine out said it would be easier and quicker but then what do I know.

unusual, he could do all of that without removing the engine!
he might be thinking about the clutch i know some people like to remove the engine then the big box, might be his preference when the garage fitted my ECS stage 1 kit they didnt remove the engine.

still quoted a good price for all that labour even more so if hes going to take the engine out. you might as well do the engine mounts and swap them for the RS4 mounts? if you havent already ;)

For the amount of work he will be doing plus you have to drop the front sump to get to the oil pump so he figured he might has well take it out.

hummm RS4 mounts good idea.

from what ive read, if your going to goto the expense of the RS4 mounts your better spending the cash on (i think) 034 motorsport ones instead, The RS4 ones arent really THAT much stiffer than the OE ones whereas the 034 ones are, without being too harsh...

from what ive read, if your going to goto the expense of the RS4 mounts your better spending the cash on (i think) 034 motorsport ones instead, The RS4 ones arent really THAT much stiffer than the OE ones whereas the 034 ones are, without being too harsh...

034 will want $70 just for shipping then it's the time to get here my cars booked in for the 8th Sept so no good on top of this I got to order a sump so the Engine mount may have to wait a little plus they are easy to do myself.

Always good to see pics.

I replaced the green knock sensor the other week too. You do the blue one too? It looks a little bit more fiddly. The code did not come back on mine after a 5 min drive so hopefully thats mine sorted.

034 will want $70 just for shipping then it's the time to get here my cars booked in for the 8th Sept so no good on top of this I got to order a sump so the Engine mount may have to wait a little plus they are easy to do myself.

Doc, are the mounts easy to do? if they are il have a bash myself and upgrade to the S4 mounts.

i couldnt find any guides, do you know if there are any?

thanks.

Always good to see pics.

I replaced the green knock sensor the other week too. You do the blue one too? It looks a little bit more fiddly. The code did not come back on mine after a 5 min drive so hopefully thats mine sorted.

yeh, i did both knowing my luck the other wouldve gone straight after and even did the Crankcase sensor lol all 3 of them in a row!

Engine mounts are stupid easy all you need is, a 13mm socket on an extension to do the bottom nuts then either a spanner or a small socket and ratchet to get the top nuts. Then jack your engine up take mounts out, put new mounts in tighten up job done!

Oh forgot to mention that there are also locating pegs on the mounts so just line them up and you cant go far wrong. :icon_thumright: