Gutted

jreed110

Reaction score
So I’ve been eagerly watching for my new Daytona grey S5 to arrive at my dealership and finally got the notification that it had on Thursday. Called the dealer on Friday excitedly arranging to collect the car only to be told it’s arrived missing the cover for the fuel cap...
How does that even happen??? I’ve been down to see the car and as said it’s there with no cover, no other damage surrounding it so I don’t understand what’s happened.
Even worse I’m now told that the dealer has to make a claim on the warranty which has to be approved before they can even order the part. Once arrived they have to then send off to be painted at another body shop from their own again to save invalidating the warranty. So it’s still weeks away.
I’m still not sure I buy the whole story, having had bad experiences with lying salesmen before. Part of me wonders if there’s another issue and they just pulled the cover off to make out that’s the problem.
All in all I’m gutted!

So I’ve been eagerly watching for my new Daytona grey S5 to arrive at my dealership and finally got the notification that it had on Thursday. Called the dealer on Friday excitedly arranging to collect the car only to be told it’s arrived missing the cover for the fuel cap...
How does that even happen??? I’ve been down to see the car and as said it’s there with no cover, no other damage surrounding it so I don’t understand what’s happened.
Even worse I’m now told that the dealer has to make a claim on the warranty which has to be approved before they can even order the part. Once arrived they have to then send off to be painted at another body shop from their own again to save invalidating the warranty. So it’s still weeks away.
I’m still not sure I buy the whole story, having had bad experiences with lying salesmen before. Part of me wonders if there’s another issue and they just pulled the cover off to make out that’s the problem.
All in all I’m gutted!

Hi, i work in the trade and i must say from past experiences this sounds extremely suspicious! I'd be wary of this mate.

Surely there would have been some Quality Control as it left the production line that’d have spotted this! Screen of BS to me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I emailed Audi yesterday, will call tomorrow if still no reply. I’ll also be asking for the car ASAP with or without the cover to test if the story is actually rubbish. It’s just the cover to the fuel cap, the cap is self still works and locks as per usual so I can’t see why they can’t PDI the car and have it back when the part is in.

I emailed Audi yesterday, will call tomorrow if still no reply. I’ll also be asking for the car ASAP with or without the cover to test if the story is actually rubbish. It’s just the cover to the fuel cap, the cap is self still works and locks as per usual so I can’t see why they can’t PDI the car and have it back when the part is in.

Mate, go straight to audi hq. The dealer will feed you nonsense. Also, ask for compensation. Anything, whether it's gap insurance or some additional cover etc. Milk it.

Easy - they supply a car until yours is 100% signed off by you.
Wouldn't surprise me if it's something to do with the tech pack which is causing issues at the mo...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They’ve offered a free service. The issue is more that I’m concerned what might be wrong with it. Visually it’s fine other than the missing cover.

The dealer did mention another issuing preventing other cars going out at present, think he said it was to do with a phone booster or similar. Mine does have the tech pack however.... any idea what the issue with that is?

I would’ve threatened them order cancellation and not accepting the car.
I’ve never ordered a brand new car and am far from that brilliant experience but would do all I can to have that resolved and explained why?

Worked in trade for 12 years and been straight as arrow before doing so but in sales you feed BS as you go and to anyone who’s prepared to take it.
I’m sorry to all I have lied to but I did that to save my rear and company paying me.

Same there. As being already said, I’m also sure there’s more to it, not just fuel cap.
Do you really think quality control would let a car out like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling it was left open and got broken off.

Surely there would have been some Quality Control as it left the production line that’d have spotted this! Screen of BS to me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, I work in a car factory and there is no way on earth that it would have left the factory missing! It gets checked more than once! Not to mention that these days everything is sequenced to the individual car, so if it had been missed by the person fitting it, there would have been a spare one left once the stillage had been finished, that would have been noticed and chased down the line to be fitted!

I'd call Audi UK and ask them!!!

Well mine arrived with one of the exhaust trims missing which the dealer kindly gave me to fit on collection! It was a Saturday and they didn’t have anybody to fit it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name and shame the dealer.

10 bucks says they removed the filler cap before showing it to you without it, to delay the process for some other reason