Gutted!!!!

Richie333

Reaction score
As the title suggests, was travelling home earlier on up the motorway. When an annoying car was up my rear end. So when I could I put my foot down and left him but as there was lot of traffic, mainly lorries that would pull out without indicating so slowing my progress.

While driving slow I noticed the Mazda badge in my rear view mirror and the big bonnet vent, at the time I tried to recall the car and to be honest I couldn't. Anyway I had made my mind up, even though I felt a little like a boy racer when the next car pulled over i was putting my foot down and leaving the annoying motorist, ha ha wrong!!! I got to a certain speed (which I won't mention) and had to pull over. The guy flew passed me in my b8 3.0 Quattro. To be fair I was slowing down when he was passing but it certainly had more grunt than me top end.

When he passed I obviously saw the model of the car that had been harassing me, Mazda 3 mps = 260 bhp that explains it.

Fair play to the guy, but I hope he's not a member on here :0)

I knew i should have bought an rs4, Think I'll getting it chipped sooner that I thought.

As the title suggests, was travelling home earlier on up the motorway. When an annoying car was up my rear end. So when I could I put my foot down and left him but as there was lot of traffic, mainly lorries that would pull out without indicating so slowing my progress.

While driving slow I noticed the Mazda badge in my rear view mirror and the big bonnet vent, at the time I tried to recall the car and to be honest I couldn't. Anyway I had made my mind up, even though I felt a little like a boy racer when the next car pulled over i was putting my foot down and leaving the annoying motorist, ha ha wrong!!! I got to a certain speed (which I won't mention) and had to pull over. The guy flew passed me in my b8 3.0 Quattro. To be fair I was slowing down when he was passing but it certainly had more grunt than me top end.

When he passed I obviously saw the model of the car that had been harassing me, Mazda 3 mps = 260 bhp that explains it.

Fair play to the guy, but I hope he's not a member on here :0)

I knew i should have bought an rs4, Think I'll getting it chipped sooner that I thought.

Read the Fifth Gear review on You Tube and it's shortcomings and you will cheer up....

There will always be something faster out there.

Yeah, I've got an Astra VXR sitting at about 300bhp right now and it would do the same thing. But it's loud and not as well built and not as comfortable and gets 12mpg when you're driving it like that. So don't feel too bad. :)

Yeah, I've got an Astra VXR sitting at about 300bhp right now and it would do the same thing. But it's loud and not as well built and not as comfortable and gets 12mpg when you're driving it like that. So don't feel too bad. :)

Well coming from a CTR I too experienced the loud noise, uncomfortable ride and poor mpg's. Not as quick as your Astra of course.
I had some good times in the civic but glad of the extra comfort ( must be getting old). So cheers for that daggerit I feel a bit better now:icon_thumright:
when you getting you 3.0 :racer:

Well coming from a CTR I too experienced the loud noise, uncomfortable ride and poor mpg's. Not as quick as your Astra of course.
I had some good times in the civic but glad of the extra comfort ( must be getting old). So cheers for that daggerit I feel a bit better now:icon_thumright:
when you getting you 3.0 :racer:

It's not coming until Novemeber... :( Bad times...

could be worse.. could have been a nova lol

I always wanted a nova, when I first started to learn how to driving that was the car to have but after stopping then starting a year later it was the saxo. So I ended with a VTR for the first car.

It's not coming until Novemeber... :( Bad times...

That is some wait pal, but to be fair I was changing my CTR for the last 3 years of ownership so in comparison it's not too bad. It took me 2 years to decide between a a4 2.0, 3.0 b7 & b8, rs4, s4, BMW 320, 330, 520, 530 and probably a few more, then finally a year to find the right a4 3.0. I'm a bit indecisive :banghead:

If you find the right one its worth the wait.

That is some wait pal, but to be fair I was changing my CTR for the last 3 years of ownership so in comparison it's not too bad. It took me 2 years to decide between a a4 2.0, 3.0 b7 & b8, rs4, s4, BMW 320, 330, 520, 530 and probably a few more, then finally a year to find the right a4 3.0. I'm a bit indecisive :banghead:

If you find the right one its worth the wait.

If you could have afforded the s4 or older rs4 why the hell did you go for 3. 0???? Don't get that especially if you still have a boy racer inside you....

If you could have afforded the s4 or older rs4 why the hell did you go for 3. 0???? Don't get that especially if you still have a boy racer inside you....

It was a really hard decision. Like you say I still had a bit of boy racer inside me, but after a lot of deliberation I had to go with the 3.0, it was the compromise between speed & fuel ecconmy.

At the time of choosing I could be doing anything from 300 -1000 miles a week with work, so there is no way I would have liked to have run a rs4 doing them sort of miles, it's bad enough with the 3.0.

So I probably could have afforded the car but would have had to re-mortgaged the house to run it. :sob: