Facelift Gutted to say the least, advice please..

Read through the policy wording and seems like a good service. I'm registered for it so it's an option.

Only thing I am wary about is - will they flag a repair against my account and car registration number / VIN? Which may come to haunt me when I trade in come 3 years down the line as the car is on PCP..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel for you mate...It's a ****** minefield insurance....
I still think the best option for you is to get it done yourself.You will be able to take your car to a garage of your choice and also it wouldn't effect your insurance premiums...Paying a couple of grand?? now will save you more in the future on lower premiums...All very subjective of course as you haven't got any quotes for the damage yet..
Good luck mate..:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
If you are around Manchester, as this thread seems to suggest, you might as well make an appointment at Inchcape's bodyshop in Audenshaw (Smith Knight Fay) for a quote, I had my A4 sorted there (out of my own pocket) when I ended up with similar damage to your own. Cost me just shy of £2k, but the premium increase, the declaration of an accident, and the excess meant that actually I broke even on payout, I just preferred to keep the NCD as I knew it would help when getting the S3! Also, with going to the "Audi Approved" bodyshop rather than whatever garbage your insurance company will want to use, you'll keep your bodywork/paint/corrosion guarantee.

Reactions: pburv, batch and CrypticMG
I feel for you mate...It's a ****** minefield insurance....
I still think the best option for you is to get it done yourself.You will be able to take your car to a garage of your choice and also it wouldn't effect your insurance premiums...Paying a couple of grand?? now will save you more in the future on lower premiums...All very subjective of course as you haven't got any quotes for the damage yet..
Good luck mate..:friends:

It certainly is, it's a right pain in the a**!

I have emailed a few places and will wait to see what they come back with tomorrow, I'll keep you updated for sure....

Reactions: pburv
I did expect that the premium would increase, and it did - by £3!! So I supect that is just inflation. Still paying about £250.
Ensurance are just a claims handler really, and I found them very easy to work with. However, my insurance company is fine as well. Although they did hesitate when I said I wanted to go with "my own repairer". But I just left it with Ensurance and they came back and said it was OK to take to the good place. In the end I didn't even have to get an estimate from an alternative.

I did expect that the premium would increase, and it did - by £3!! So I supect that is just inflation. Still paying about £250.
Ensurance are just a claims handler really, and I found them very easy to work with. However, my insurance company is fine as well. Although they did hesitate when I said I wanted to go with "my own repairer". But I just left it with Ensurance and they came back and said it was OK to take to the good place. In the end I didn't even have to get an estimate from an alternative.

£3!!! Jeeez, that's awesome ha.

So you found the garage yourself through ensurance, just by phoning to find out who the local recommended repairer was? Or did you say you found it yourself?

you could always go on to some insurance comparison websites and input that you claimed this year, then minus the price difference against your current policy. This way you will know if your policy has risen and the difference in price against having the work done yourself or claiming.

Reactions: Scottyg
you could always go on to some insurance comparison websites and input that you claimed this year, then minus the price difference against your current policy. This way you will know if your policy has risen and the difference in price against having the work done yourself or claiming.

Very bad idea... Admiral Data Validations Team picked up that I entered details of a claim incorrectly when getting quotes online (I entered the date wrong), and they contacted me to tell me they were going to increase the price, because of this additional claim. They almost suggested that I was behaving fraudulently, but after explaining what had happened they accepted things and didn't increase the cost. There's a lot of fine print with these online systems and you are agreeing that the facts you are submitting are accurate.

Reactions: lyallr, pburv and Ormesome
Very bad idea... Admiral Data Validations Team picked up that I entered details of a claim incorrectly when getting quotes online (I entered the date wrong), and they contacted me to tell me they were going to increase the price, because of this additional claim. They almost suggested that I was behaving fraudulently, but after explaining what had happened they accepted things and didn't increase the cost. There's a lot of fine print with these online systems and you are agreeing that the facts you are submitting are accurate.

Wow really? i enter all kinds of stuff in to my quotes just to try to get the cheapest price!

Wow really? i enter all kinds of stuff in to my quotes just to try to get the cheapest price!

Me too... and was shocked when the email came through from them! I was going round all the usual price comparison websites and wasn't paying too much attention to the details. I entered a previous claim as December 2015, rather than December 2013, and they viewed it as another incident!

Here are bits of the email they sent me:

"When you buy a policy of insurance, we take steps to ensure the cover we provide is right for you so we can support you when you need us, for example, to combat any fraudulent activity. We recognise mistakes happen, so by validating policies we ensure a genuine oversight does not become a problem should you ever need to make a claim.

As a responsible insurer we check both internal and external databases to ensure the information held on your policy is accurate. Following a check of the information provided we have amended the following details :

A fault incident or claim dated December 2015 for.....

We appreciate mistakes can happen and in the process of obtaining an insurance policy you may have done many quotes where details may have varied."

Reactions: CrypticMG and pburv
One of my (PITA) ex girlfriends told me she had protected NCB .....and then when we came to claim for a stolen car found out she didn't!

I am sure her insurers didn't wipe her NCB back to zero though, but just took a year off. E.g went from 50% NCB to 40% or whatever it was.

Can't be certain as it was 9 years ago. But I do remember being pleasantly surprised when we insured the replacement.

Reactions: CrypticMG
My mum has written off her Scenic twice in the last 4yrs. her insurance is still around £300max. She is 54 though but still cheap for a car that has been written off twice. She has stayed with the same company. It went up the 1st yr after the claim but then continued to go down and then up a little every time she claimed! Dont forget that if you claim, then the big hit will be the 1st yr, as providing you dont claim again, you will be earning more no claims discounts therefore bringing down the renewal cost each year. Going on quotes form people on this forum & this post, I really dont think you will be paying more than £2k for extra liability because you claimed. How many yrs no claims do you have now? for example if you have 4yrs, and we assume that the repair is £2k, then to break even your insurance would have to be £500 a yr more expensive without considering the extra discount you will get for every yr earnt with no claim from the date of renewal. Personally i would claim.

Reactions: Scottyg and pburv
My mum has written off her Scenic twice in the last 4yrs. her insurance is still around £300max. She is 54 though but still cheap for a car that has been written off twice. She has stayed with the same company. It went up the 1st yr after the claim but then continued to go down and then up a little every time she claimed! Dont forget that if you claim, then the big hit will be the 1st yr, as providing you dont claim again, you will be earning more no claims discounts therefore bringing down the renewal cost each year. Going on quotes form people on this forum & this post, I really dont think you will be paying more than £2k for extra liability because you claimed. How many yrs no claims do you have now? for example if you have 4yrs, and we assume that the repair is £2k, then to break even your insurance would have to be £500 a yr more expensive without considering the extra discount you will get for every yr earnt with no claim from the date of renewal. Personally i would claim.

I currently have 5 years which would have been 6 years in December providing I don't claim. Currently insured with Admiral. I wasn't aware that if you make a claim you don't always get your NCD reduced to zero... I may well be worth claiming and have the work done with peace of mind?

Anyone who knows - am I right in saying that I can speak with Audi Ensurance to find my local repair centre who they recommend and then phone my insurance to make a claim and request the work is done at that garage/centre for example?

You won't go back to zero! You lose a proportion of what you have (normally 1 or 2 years or 10/20%). I've only ever claimed twice for two non-fault accidents. Insurance went up on the first claim but not the second. Don't know why it didn't go up but hey, I wasn't complaining.

Reactions: pburv and CrypticMG
Any decent Bodyshop will be able to pull those dents out and with a light skim of filler and paint you will never know it's there, wouldn't expect to pay more than £1000 for a repair like that

Reactions: CrypticMG and davc
I currently have 5 years which would have been 6 years in December providing I don't claim. Currently insured with Admiral. I wasn't aware that if you make a claim you don't always get your NCD reduced to zero... I may well be worth claiming and have the work done with peace of mind?

Anyone who knows - am I right in saying that I can speak with Audi Ensurance to find my local repair centre who they recommend and then phone my insurance to make a claim and request the work is done at that garage/centre for example?

According to the table in that link I posted, Admiral (like most others) deduct 2 years for a claim.
As they only consider 5 years maximum - this would send you back to 3 years NCD.

Reactions: CrypticMG
Just an update for you all..

Car is booked in tomorrow at the body repair centre which Liverpool Audi and Liverpool Jaguar use. Guy came across very professional and knew his stuff being in the business for 25 years.

Took my car in privately after reading reviews online and having several emails go back and forth. Price has come in at £880 cash, and if a new bottom sill is needed it will be price plus parts.

Dropping off tomorrow and picking up on Friday. Finally glad it's getting sorted and have been assured it will be undetectable once completed.

Plenty of vehicles in there in a pretty bad way!

Thank you to everyone for the comments, replies and advice.

Much appreciated..

Reactions: MattSedg, ST09, Rob2k68 and 10 others

Car is booked in tomorrow at the body repair centre which Liverpool Audi and Liverpool Jaguar use. Guy came across very professional and knew his stuff being in the business for 25 years.

Took my car in privately after reading reviews online and having several emails go back and forth. Price has come in at £880 cash, and if a new bottom sill is needed it will be price plus parts.

Dropping off tomorrow and picking up on Friday. Finally glad it's getting sorted and have been assured it will be undetectable once completed.

Much appreciated..

Good man, we love a happy ending! :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, pburv and 3 others
That's great news - a lot cheaper than first thought! We'll need to see high quality pics on Friday tho... :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, pburv and 3 others
That's great news - a lot cheaper than first thought! We'll need to see high quality pics on Friday tho... :)

Yeah, happy for now! Certainly, will do mate

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Nice one.......you will be just glad to get it out of sight and then back very soon looking well again.
....and we all learned a bit about no claims in the process too.
Suggest you get yours protected at next renewal!

Reactions: pburv, CrypticMG, Gordo77 and 1 other person

Much appreciated..

That's a really good price. Be good to see your car back to awesomeness on Friday. :) X

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, pburv and 2 others
Good luck with the repair mate...Hope all goes well...:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and CrypticMG
Sounds like your mum is one of those french car drivers I want off the roads! No offence!

Peugeots are the worst!

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Ormesome and 1 other person
That really is a very good price and I trust that it will be good as new when you pick it up.

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and CrypticMG
Thanks guys.. will post pictures on Friday!

Reactions: pburv, Gordo77 and Simon L
Sounds like your mum is one of those french car drivers I want off the roads! No offence!

Peugeots are the worst!

I showed her your comment! She's now targeting Glacier White Audi S3's!!! :racer:

Reactions: davc, pburv, Sandra and 2 others
On a different note this topic is a great advertisement for dashcams. The fact that the other vehicle didn't collide with you is irrelevant, that fact that it's presence caused your partner to take an avoiding action that she would not otherwise had to have taken means that there is a degree of fault on their part. The difficulty is proving it though.

Under the road traffic order it states 'owing to the presence of a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or public place, damage is caused to a vehicle other than that mechanically propelled vehicle... the driver must exchange details or would be commiting an offence '

I'm paraphrasing the last bit but really what it says it that because your car was damaged because of the presence of the other car then the other drive must by law exchange details. If they don't then they are committing an offence. The big problem you would have is proof that they were somehow involved. You would need either video evidence or independent witness evidence.

If you are ever involved in something like this again stop and reporting to police on 101. They won't attend but will keep a record and check that the other party is insured and if you do make a claim then your insurance will apply for a copy of the initial report.

Reactions: richinsoton, CrypticMG, pburv and 1 other person
On a different note this topic is a great advertisement for dashcams. The fact that the other vehicle didn't collide with you is irrelevant, that fact that it's presence caused your partner to take an avoiding action that she would not otherwise had to have taken means that there is a degree of fault on their part. The difficulty is proving it though.

Under the road traffic order it states 'owing to the presence of a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or public place, damage is caused to a vehicle other than that mechanically propelled vehicle... the driver must exchange details or would be commiting an offence '

I'm paraphrasing the last bit but really what it says it that because your car was damaged because of the presence of the other car then the other drive must by law exchange details. If they don't then they are committing an offence. The big problem you would have is proof that they were somehow involved. You would need either video evidence or independent witness evidence.

If you are ever involved in something like this again stop and reporting to police on 101. They won't attend but will keep a record and check that the other party is insured and if you do make a claim then your insurance will apply for a copy of the initial report.
The issue there is that it sounds like it was within a car park, so this part of the RTA is not applicable.

The issue there is that it sounds like it was within a car park, so this part of the RTA is not applicable.
Public place also applies to a place where the majority would be permitted access albeit through payment. For example a cinema is a public place as anyone can enter having paid the fee but a members only golf club is not as only a limited few are permitted entry. Same rule applies to car parks. Trust me...

Public place also applies to a place where the majority would be permitted access albeit through payment. For example a cinema is a public place as anyone can enter having paid the fee but a members only golf club is not as only a limited few are permitted entry. Same rule applies to car parks. Trust me...
Sorry, I only half read this at the ungodly hour I was up this morning... Yes, the way you've put it that's correct.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Hi all,

For those of you who have been following this thread and/or commented, you will know that last Saturday my girlfriend was involved in a car park incident which resulted in my 5 door FL A3 S Line sustaining a fair amount of damage to the rear offside door and its adjacent panel.

After deciding against claiming on my insurance, I took my car to a private body repair shop in Liverpool, which happened to be used by Liverpool Audi and Liverpool Jaguar. (I can supply details via DM). I was quoted a cash price of £880 + parts if needed. I dropped my car off the following day Tuesday 25th - Friday 28th.

Anyway, I collected my car about an hour ago and I am made up with the results and the repair. The guy has done very well and it is near on impossible to tell. Anyone who sees the vehicle for the first time would never know. He told me he spent 12 hours on the repair, not including the re-spray and final prep work! All in all, the total cost was £1055 - as I needed a new bottom sill which he couldn’t re-apply as the bonding agent had spoilt on removal. Overall, its been six days from misery to joy, and I am a happy chap again (albeit with a slight lighter wallet haha)

Collated before and after pictures:

8e39790de3e428529b7bd81b432135ed.jpg

ea18432d7b73a85564b2fb593bf1fc6c.jpg

ae6f607bd90c682ee5e176e82ee1210e.jpg

06a79d33d7c36f942e4a9b6ef9ed0c66.jpg

ec8671565e08b54ff2d2a6d85e0f5663.jpg

39bf4dc4783d2e686fa8b8dfa9442a6f.jpg

3fff41fb9399ec400f58e84afc9a8277.jpg

9c6056366448ef6bd29addbbeb6e15b8.jpg

3e50fdcbfdc562628f77daaf401be714.jpg

be278a0e3fd9b088dd2410a5b4e15b0f.jpg

c7155e6b1dceee9ac2db1afd6e3a980f.jpg

71226a498013f94a0fd56f4585d5ca3a.jpg

5f5b586f69131f18da6f5bd17af2a663.jpg

107574b43865308654c94b5bac6d42aa.jpg

9630b118c2b79862327401648bb15f99.jpg

6c0efedf08270c987e82d424d69b35cc.jpg

016e2373dc62f52c0663269490ef29c2.jpg

8f6d2060da1c56ac2740a1b7ef94f644.jpg

c8e4418c44caf1f179a6d5be76ab7261.jpg

Reactions: Daytonapig, Scottyg, 4K and 13 others
Hi all,

For those of you who have been following this thread and/or commented, you will know that last Saturday my girlfriend was involved in a car park incident which resulted in my 5 door FL A3 S Line sustaining a fair amount of damage to the rear offside door and its adjacent panel.

After deciding against claiming on my insurance, I took my car to a private body repair shop in Liverpool, which happened to be used by Liverpool Audi and Liverpool Jaguar. (I can supply details via DM). I was quoted a cash price of £880 + parts if needed. I dropped my car off the following day Tuesday 25th - Friday 28th.

Anyway, I collected my car about an hour ago and I am made up with the results and the repair. The guy has done very well and it is near on impossible to tell. Anyone who sees the vehicle for the first time would never know. He told me he spent 12 hours on the repair, not including the re-spray and final prep work! All in all, the total cost was £1055 - as I needed a new bottom sill which he couldn’t re-apply as the bonding agent had spoilt on removal. Overall, its been six days from misery to joy, and I am a happy chap again (albeit with a slight lighter wallet haha)

Collated before and after pictures:

8e39790de3e428529b7bd81b432135ed.jpg

ea18432d7b73a85564b2fb593bf1fc6c.jpg

ae6f607bd90c682ee5e176e82ee1210e.jpg

06a79d33d7c36f942e4a9b6ef9ed0c66.jpg

ec8671565e08b54ff2d2a6d85e0f5663.jpg

39bf4dc4783d2e686fa8b8dfa9442a6f.jpg

3fff41fb9399ec400f58e84afc9a8277.jpg

9c6056366448ef6bd29addbbeb6e15b8.jpg

3e50fdcbfdc562628f77daaf401be714.jpg

be278a0e3fd9b088dd2410a5b4e15b0f.jpg

c7155e6b1dceee9ac2db1afd6e3a980f.jpg

71226a498013f94a0fd56f4585d5ca3a.jpg

5f5b586f69131f18da6f5bd17af2a663.jpg

107574b43865308654c94b5bac6d42aa.jpg

9630b118c2b79862327401648bb15f99.jpg

6c0efedf08270c987e82d424d69b35cc.jpg

016e2373dc62f52c0663269490ef29c2.jpg

8f6d2060da1c56ac2740a1b7ef94f644.jpg

c8e4418c44caf1f179a6d5be76ab7261.jpg

Yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin about!! lol

Awesome job mate, bet yer well chuffed :)

Reactions: Ozmosis, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 3 others