Gutted bad day with 2 cars.

brough74

Reaction score
Last night i told my girlfriend to take my S3 to work so i could get the tracking done on her car (MK5 Golf GTI). While that was getting done i noticed some rust at the bottom of the door which will need sorted and its only 4 years old. Might take it to VW to see what they say.

Anyway when i get home from back shift she tells me she has some bad news, she has kerbed one of my MTM alloys badly. So i go to the garage to have a look and bllody hell there are small chunks out of the rim protector on the tyre and loads of marks, chunks on the alloy at least half the way round.

So im peeved off right now and had a fall out as i think she must off travelled well along the kerb.

So i need them refurbed but dont have any spare alloys / money anymore lol, but on the bright side im hopefuuly going stage 2+ next week if my KMD cam follower comes from F & R Tuning as ive only been waiting 4 ****** months for it.

sexual favors in return.......................

Reactions: RedDejavu
Sorry to hear about this.. Im peed off with my horn - only had it over two months, hardly reassuring!

I suppose you can look at it in two ways really.. theres much worse things going on out there - Than a mark on a wheel! I can see where your coming from though, but cars are meant to be used, so in away, they will get damaged - On my trip home I got a stone chip on my bonnet - went straight to the metal! :(

Im sure you'll be smiling soon with that stage 2 and the uprated cam etc! :)

Isn't it strange how as soon as I read the words "told my girlfriend to take my S3" I knew there
was at the very minimum Kerbing involved. Consider yourself lucky. When my girlfriend borrowed
an old car of mine, she put it head on into a tree. A ****** big tree! Obviously taking the roundabout
would have been just too simple, so tried her luck against the tree. She failed..

Reactions: aristides
I actually look to buy cars that come with simple silver wheel designs, so that when (not if) they get kerbed by the wife, they're easy to repair. :(

At least it wasn't you who kerbed it and going stage 2+ soonwill wipe off any tears!

Last edited:
Just took a pic

100_0003.jpg

100_0004.jpg

How much would it cost to get one of these refurbished?

Not sure but im think N8 might tell me lol

Polished face and grey elsewhere, i can do the red logo myself

I know how you feel, only had my car 2 months now and last week it was kerbed by a friend of mine on our way home from a stag (was too hungover to drive), then my gf reversed it into a wall the other night....cracking a tail light and the bumper :keule:

Isn't it strange how as soon as I read the words "told my girlfriend to take my S3" I knew there
was at the very minimum Kerbing involved. Consider yourself lucky. When my girlfriend borrowed
an old car of mine, she put it head on into a tree. A ****** big tree! Obviously taking the roundabout
would have been just too simple, so tried her luck against the tree. She failed..

LMAO :laugh: i feel for you dude, may i ask are you still together after that lol?

sexual favors in return.......................

This man has a good point

Ban her forever .It works for me!

Ban her for driving the car? Lol if so i've done that works a treat. Doesnt work too good once you had too many drinks and there no one to drive you home.

Just took a pic

100_0003.jpg

100_0004.jpg

Thats not too bad fella. Easy repair, i've giving my alloys to my mate in a right state and they look brand new. I feel your pain misses done it to my alloys when they were only 3months old. Worse part about it i was in the car and told her she was TOO CLOSE to the kerb and knew what was going to happen. Then i heard the noise alloys and kerbs make when they have a quick fight. Told her to stop the car she carried on driving! £200 later they were repaired and looked brand new:happy:

****** hell thats pure chewage, i can't see any amount of sexual favors will be enough for that much chewage!

Ash we rarely drink .And if we do its taxis or she takes us in her van ;-)
Shes looking at leasing a new car so she can kerb that all she likes ha

****** hell thats pure chewage, i can't see any amount of sexual favors will be enough for that much chewage!

If she pays the bill aswell that could go down a treat:happy:

Ash we rarely drink .And if we do its taxis or she takes us in her van ;-)
Shes looking at leasing a new car so she can kerb that all she likes ha

:laugh: "So she can kerb that all she likes". Bet you cant wait for the lease car to come.
Aw thats fair enough fella lol. Not a big drinker myself not been drunk once this year (i was 21 last month and i had one drink:wacko: lol) and probably only three or four times last year and that was due to my work paying for all the drinks and letting me leave my car in there Cardiff Office carpark. Tell a lie she did drive me home once last year in my car but i think we did 25mph for a good 8miles and took us alot longer to get home :laugh: Im tight you see i hate paying for taxi's wanting £30 when its really only a 15minute drive depending which way you go and many wont go to my area :laugh:

No favours as yet as she is still in a mood for some reason, said she was sick a few times yesterday with worry about telling me. No mention about paying for it or anything. So we will see, i did price up a new alloy today at £340 plus VAT i was expecting more but probably about the same to get all 4 refurbed. Decisions decisions but for now im awaiting my cam follower before i drop my car off on monday for stage 2+ with clutch, etc

Bro the amount of times Hayley has done wheels in over the years, and trust me, thats alot of wheels :laugh:

Ah man I remember when I got some new shoes & we went to pickup a ruby one night, she drove, this was I remind you 4 hours after I got the wheels delivered & on the car, you can hear it now huh, she parked absolutely perfectly which I was shocked at tbh for a woman :p then she decides nah we're not close enough, cruncchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh scrapppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee & a rather pathetic oh sorry, unbelievable.

TBH MTM Bims damn sexual favours would have to be something sacred to her huh lmfao

No favours as yet as she is still in a mood for some reason, said she was sick a few times yesterday with worry about telling me.

Maybe you're gonna have to invest in an extra seat for your S3? :idea:

LMAO :laugh: i feel for you dude, may i ask are you still together after that lol?

Some How We Are....
I think she learnt her lesson. She Broke her Nose During battle with the tree and looked
like smeagol for a few days.

Cleaned the wheel up today with a sander for the worst bit and then some wet and dry. Silver paint and some laquer. It will do for now until i save up some money for a refurb on all 4. As looking forward to getting a stage 2+ and driving it back home on thurrsday. At least it will take some of the pain away lol

could have been lot worse i suppose i took a huge chunk out of one of my alloys when getting too close to a petrol pump oopss lol

I was sat at home on fifa, browsing the forums and ive had to stop to reply to this... Upsetting to hear!

Would definitely be banning her for life....

I wont even let my girlfriend near the drivers seat!

Depends what her mates look like :rockwoot: lol

borough that sucks mate, sorry to see but should be an easy enough repair though.

Ok, so there are exceptions to the rule...