1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Guide to retrofit footwell lights front/rear

johnnevett Feb 16, 2014

1. SteveHussey

SteveHussey New Member

Hi i just got a kit on ebay oem door waring lights and footwell light kit ,it comes with leads with conectors but no instructions where to conect in doors ,iv got an avant on a 63 plate black edition, also i see a lot of people talking about vds and bytes etc to enable things to work ,how do i get this done ,any help would be great .

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Super Nintendo Chalmers

Super Nintendo Chalmers Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group saloon Audi A4

I know this is old now but i have the same wiring loom, front and rears together (in a series i think), one power and one ground for the lot.

Which pin did you connect the power to, in order for both front and rears to function?

Thanks bud

4. Naeem

Naeem New Member

Ive bought a kit off robin a3. Followed the exact instructions. I ticked front footwells on vcds. But there still not working

5. Naeem

Naeem New Member

Ive got a audi 2008 a4 b8. Ive checked the wiring and put the ground on a metal nut. Ive also activated front footwell lights on vcds. However cannot find anything on the radio module on vcds. Can someone please help me.

6. Warren.bt

Warren.bt Member

I recently fitted both front and rear footwell lights from robinA3. All installed correctly using the guide and working perfectly. Just make sure you wired them into the correct pins. Front and rear are wired into separate connectors. I Used carista to activate them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

7. Brandon093

Brandon093 New Member

I got the oem lights , fitted the front ones and plugged into pin 17 on the grey connector, used obdeleven to code them in, still not working... any suggestions?

8. briceportier

briceportier Active Member

did you check if they are activated in the green menu?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

9. Brandon093

Brandon093 New Member

I dont have mmi in my car u fortunately, background lighting has come up on the orangeish menu?

10. Spiros

Spiros New Member

As for the foot lights The same applies to A4 b7?

11. gray99y

gray99y Active Member Team Monsoon S-line owners group TDi quattro Audi A4 Black Edition

Hi guys can I just jump in here.
    Anyone know how you can keep the footwell lights on while you're driving?
    RS4 B7 thanks.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I don' think there is a function for this, the only way to do it is to wire them to an ignition live but something that I wouldn't recommend as the wiring might not be rated for continuous usage.

gray99y likes this.
  14. gray99y

gray99y Active Member Team Monsoon S-line owners group TDi quattro Audi A4 Black Edition

Oh yes I didn't of it effecting other things cos of it being on alot, thanks

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk