Guide for Wiring an Ignition Source - (Aftermarket Stereo Fitting) New Addition

yep, all factory speakers. All run perfectly, it’s just when you start and turn off the car. It’s like there is a mini power surge..

You sure the remote is connected to the remote switch output and not the powered antenna? Usually identified as white and blue for remote and solid blue for powered antenna

all the leads were standard except for supplying the main power. The loom itself supplies the amp, all you need to do is add earth.

I'm going to take it apart again and see what i can work out.

Cheers

all the leads were standard except for supplying the main power. The loom itself supplies the amp, all you need to do is add earth.

I'm going to take it apart again and see what i can work out.

Cheers

Try earthing it to a new place.

FAO Admins: i'd like to revise this guide but there is no option to edit. Help?

if the stereo turns off when I remove the key do I still need to do this additional wiring? The stereo that I've bought (and broken, but can hopefully fix) has a little canbus box.

Has anyone had issues with radio signals on aftermarket units? There are two plugs on the standard unit but the adapter only uses one of them.

Very good write up, although i can confirm this method is not needed when installing a Pioneer headunit into an A3
Hi!
Can you use this fuse to take the power to a relay that drives the radio so it comes on and off by the igniton key