Guidance needed on audio streaming with RNS-E

JS7319

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been doing some research on how to stream audio via my smart phone either by bluetooth or aux, and after purchasing the additional equipment required, I can't seem to get it to work.

I have successfully paired my phone with the RNS-E bluetooth which makes and receives calls. My phone also only recognises this to deal with calls.

I then bought a module which plugs into the back of the unit which has an audio jack wire at the other end. I assumed the system would automatically detect this and under the CD/MP3 menu, it would appear as 'Aux' as I have seen other people's images. It even came with another unit where the audio back plugged into a bluetooth module but the system simple doesn't detect that anything is plugged in and therefore I cannot stream or play anything via the phone to the system.

If this doesn't work, my only other option is to go for an FM transmitter, which I'd prefer to avoid due to the loss in quality.

Anyone have any tried and tested methods?

Didn't know I had to code it into the system. Could that be the problem? I just thought it would be plug and play.

If the CD interface is the one on the top corner with the clamp that secures the plug in place, then yes, that's where my module plugs into. However, I already have a CD changers installed which doesn't use this connection.

Thanks.

How do I find someone who will be able to do this for me - I'm based in Birmingham (or Cambridgeshire).