GTI SPRING FESTIVAL - SANTA POD – SUNDAY 11TH APRIL 2010

I had an enjoyable day. Got there very late though due to friend's less than perfect morning! (arrived 10am and then queued till 11.30!)

Thanks for saving me a place chaps! Was good to see you again.

I got PodFace too. :icon_thumright:
ive pod face too all though it was cold???? do you think everybody got it from that awsome fireforce jet cars afterburner....by the way it broke the record on its second run about 430 pm with the tail wind.:shrug:

Last edited:
Not a bad show to start the season off I guess, £15 to go in isn't really value for this event in my opinion, but the JetCar makes up for it! Was quite annoying to queue up for an eternity to get to our parking plot, but once we got there and all parked up, it all made sense, seeing all our Audi's grouped together! :cool:

Really liked Gav's Porsche rimmed 8L, looks better in real life after seeing the pics, you have good taste my friend. :icon_thumright: Kev's Liquid Yellow Euro S3 was also nicely done, and much better to see in the flesh(or should that be metal?), so double thumbs up from me. :icon_thumright::icon_thumright: Also really likes SmudgeDons 8P, couldn't stop looking at the wheels, great choice on the colour mate, really goes well with the car. :icon_thumright:

Roll on to GTI Inters, and hopefully ASN will have as good a showing for, in my opinion, a better event than this one, though many would probably not agree.

Many Thanks for all those who turned to represent ASN on the stand, and hope to see you guys in future events.

Hi, it was great to meet a few of you yesterday, a pretty good day. Will try and get my pictures up soon, havn't had a change to go through them yet!! Really liked Smudges wheels, gav's S3 and some blokes Avant A4 on merc rims in the show and shine area (Hi A4Paul :laugh:)

Luckily I managed to get there early (even though I did take the wrong turn on the way there) and didn't get stuck in what turned out to be a monumental que.

I too am suffering from the now infamous "podburn". Look forward to seeing you all at the next event.

:respekt:

thanx jojo and thanx phatboyruss1 :)

i think everones cars looked brilliant out there, Pics never really do a car justice imo.
hopefully will get afew things done on mine and have it looking perfect for the next show

wont be going next year lads, after looking at hundreds of Mk4 and Mk2 golfs and S3's it got boring, although i love the S3's and golfs my heart is at the A4/S4 and to be honest there wasnt many there, i must of counted 5 cars including mine, this show was very biased to some cars especially our bigger A4/S4's and thats wot im interested in so as for next year....nope!! roll on GTI inters and AITP2010 and Audi Driver(my best show yet for the traxck action all audi)

you have some stunning S3's lads fair play, yours were the best S3's at the show in my opinion. my fav(and the mrs) was this
Photo0133.jpg

then this bad boy
Photo0139.jpg

cant get over the shine on this S3, wot products you using?
Photo0135.jpg

Wanted more of this though(my baby after the show all dirty from the trek back)
Photo0189.jpg

i share your thoughts mate, i never wanna see another mk2/4 golf ever again :)

the asn stand mainly comprised of s3's but i loved it as i love s3's :) i too am looking forward to aitp, never been before but from the sounds of it it will be four rings as far as the eye can see, pure bliss lol

i had a quick nose about your s4 mate, yum yum lol pic in your sig really doesnt do it justice, dont think pics do any of our cars justice to be honest

i got all excited about the white rs4 parked not far from our stand untill i realised it was a fake and walked off in disgust :)

To be fair chaps, GTI Spring Festival and GTI International have always been about VW's, and the Audi's/Seats/Skoda's from the Golf4 platform onwards have just tagged along to make them bigger I think. For Audi's only, it has to be AITP and my personal favourite show Audi Driver's International which allows us to take to the track in our cars!

I do love Golf Mk2's though, as I've owned 2, so these shows still keep me entertained.

should all try rally day at castle coombe it's on 18th Sept
it's a great day and loads and loads of different cars
best show that ive been too
we could have a stand there

To be fair chaps, GTI Spring Festival and GTI International have always been about VW's, and the Audi's/Seats/Skoda's from the Golf4 platform onwards have just tagged along to make them bigger I think. For Audi's only, it has to be AITP and my personal favourite show Audi Driver's International which allows us to take to the track in our cars!

I do love Golf Mk2's though, as I've owned 2, so these shows still keep me entertained.

yer mate i realise that, but seeing as audi doesnt really have its own dedicated shows apart from aitp i will still go along to these events to drool over the limited numbers of audis that do turn up, plus to be fair bruntingthorpe is much better for club stands, plenty of space to get the cars organised nicely, pod is always a bit of a squeeze and ruins the show side of things slightly, i mainly go to pod to watch the strip action

looking forward to the inters though, mid june camping, beers and bbq's, flowery shorts for the blokes, tiny skimpy bikinis for the women, fast and shiney motors, what more could you want lol

A3Glenn....gave me some nice cleaning stuff too. Top Bloke.

Wouldn't share his crisps tho!!

lol them crips were to good!

that 2 stage is so good lasts a long time and is very easy to put on

see you at more shows im sure, bring your crisps

s4twiggy
i use turtle wax colour fast then dodo juice orange crush then finish off with dodo juice detailing spray
but the past 3yrs or so ive only used the turtle wax and i have had so many good comments about the shine of my car
proberbly helps that my cars rarely sees the bad weather