GTI Spring Festival convoys?

jonny87

Reaction score
so the date is fast approaching and was wondering where abouts people are coming from and if there are any convoys heading to the pod from various locations in the uk

id imagine there would be three main convoys, one from the london area, one from midlands/devon area and one from up north, so if people post up where they are coming from and which route they will be taking then we can get things sorted?

im coming from worcester j6 of m5 and will be taking the m5, m42, m6 and m1 to northampton then A roads to the pod, if people want to tag along we can arrange a meeting place and time (m'way services is a good place to meet)

I'm coming from M4 (Wales) . I think myself and S4twiggy will be making our way up on the Sat 10 (middayish). We are booked into a hotel just 10min's drive from the pod. We will have to go easy on the drink as we will have tobe up early to wash the car's............... But saying that our other half's will be there, so they can help ( you missed a bit babe i be shouting from the hotel window) :laugh:

tut tut colin, the women washing the cars!!!!!!!!!! thats a no no lol mine just polishes my knob...... i mean my gear knob now guys:nyah:
looking forward to this now mate, god damn this fuel hike though. gona cost me nearly a ton in fuel for the weekend, ****** goverment taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THEM, sorry off topic there.
by the way col we have to discuss our route we gona take soon.

Could meet up with you along the M42, which is where I'll be joining, depends on timing really.

where on the m42 do you get on matey? i havent really thought about a time to be honest, will be early though, think gates open at 0730-0800ish so would want to get there not long after that, running up the strip so want to get as many runs in as i can as early as poss so i can have a nose around later in the day

Cool, count me in for whatever location jojo goes for :)

what kinda time were you guys thinking of, its about an hours journey for us isnt it, gates open 8am i think?

anybody coming up the m1 past hemel hempstead?

Cool, count me in for whatever location jojo goes for :)

OK, for anyone going along the M42 southbound to join the M6, we can all meet at the Tescos/Notcutts carpark off Jcn4(A3400) off the M42, lets say 7:30am? Can do 7am if you want to get to SantaPod earlier?

It's not a show and shine, so any need to get there early to clean things up?

I'm easy.

OK, for anyone going along the M42 southbound to join the M6, we can all meet at the Tescos/Notcutts carpark off Jcn4(A3400) off the M42, lets say 7:30am? Can do 7am if you want to get to SantaPod earlier?

It's not a show and shine, so any need to get there early to clean things up?

I'm easy.

Sounds like a plan Jo, shall we say 07.15? ;)

sounds like a plan jojo, time wise im easy going too, 0700 0715 0730, whatever trevor!!

either of you two know the route of hand or got satnav, as mine is knackered and i dont know off by heart

sounds like a plan jojo, time wise im easy going too, 0700 0715 0730, whatever trevor!!

either of you two know the route of hand or got satnav, as mine is knackered and i dont know off by heart

We'll go with 0715 then lol, best not be any late comers, SantaPod is pretty straight forward I think, went there once ages ago, I'll double check before hand anyways.

Anyone else joining us? sign up sign up. :)

We'll go with 0715 then lol, best not be any late comers, SantaPod is pretty straight forward I think, went there once ages ago, I'll double check before hand anyways.

Anyone else joining us? sign up sign up. :)

7.15, came place as last time it is then :)

Is Nilz coming?

What time is everyone aiming to arrive at santa pod, i'll setting off from leicester, hopefully might see a convoy i could join

What time is everyone aiming to arrive at santa pod, i'll setting off from leicester, hopefully might see a convoy i could join

hook up with Joe,Tom and all

Sandip,

Pretty sure we can find a suitable spot to meet up on the way to the Pod mate. What route would you take?, there's a big Tescos in Wellingborough I think it is about 10 minutes from the Pod, we could meet up there?

Anyone who's travelling Northbound on the M1, i propose we meet at Toddington services before hand?

anyone coming up from the south? im in southampton if i can meet anyone on the way up??

thanks

I propose a meet at Toddington Services on the M1

Anyone who's interested, PM me and i'll sort something out :)

is anyone staying over night then on the saturday?

me and colin(CMD) and the women are staying in the priory marina(bedford premier inn) on saturday. guess we be up early to wash the cars:icon_thumright:

jojo, are we meeting at tescos off m42 at 715am or are we meeting at tescos near pod at 0715?

getting a little confused, we're meeting people at a few places along the way now?

I am coming up from Bournemouth (Right at the bottom of the map)
PM me if anyone else will be cruising up to this from that area :)

jojo, are we meeting at tescos off m42 at 715am or are we meeting at tescos near pod at 0715?

getting a little confused, we're meeting people at a few places along the way now?

Tescos/Notcutts carpark off jcn4 M42 0715 mate. Looks like we mite do a few stops along the way to meet up with more people if we want the convoy to expand? M6 Corley services anyone?

lovely stuff mate, i'll pm you my number before hand incase anything changes etc

Sandip,

Pretty sure we can find a suitable spot to meet up on the way to the Pod mate. What route would you take?, there's a big Tescos in Wellingborough I think it is about 10 minutes from the Pod, we could meet up there?

Hi Tom, i'm not 100% yet what route i'll be taking but it looks like M1 -A14-A509. Should be good to meet at Tescos in Wellingborough, what time you going to be there?

Hi Tom, i'm not 100% yet what route i'll be taking but it looks like M1 -A14-A509. Should be good to meet at Tescos in Wellingborough, what time you going to be there?

I'd be up for meeting at Wellingborough too (depending on time of coarse!)