GTI Inters Discussion Thread

Whos going, what you taking, camping, food, hotel, cleaning and anything else to do with this show that you might want to talk about or ask questions.

Camping - yessums, Food - Plenty in liquid form with a large percentage, Hotel - gtfo, Cleaning - LOL?, What am i taking? - Not 100% sure yet but some sort of lighting this year! Everytime i go camping at a show i never take a lamp or anything like that and cant see sh!t lol. Need to get some sort of fag lighter iphone charger too.

Camping - yessums, Food - Plenty in liquid form with a large percentage, Hotel - gtfo, Cleaning - LOL?, What am i taking? - Not 100% sure yet but some sort of lighting this year! Everytime i go camping at a show i never take a lamp or anything like that and cant see sh!t lol. Need to get some sort of fag lighter iphone charger too.

I got 4 12v supplies and 1 240V supply.
Bring jumper cables if you wish to use them though.

One of my mates should be coming too so I reckon I'll just be there for the day.

Shame, camping is good mate.

I always wanted to bring an inverter to use household appliances but they were expensive and didnt want to drain the battery. We hired a generator once before and ran some floodlight type lights that we also hired and it was soo much better than torches and car lights.

I always wanted to bring an inverter to use household appliances but they were expensive and didnt want to drain the battery. We hired a generator once before and ran some floodlight type lights that we also hired and it was soo much better than torches and car lights.

Its great having it but its only 300watts and it will kill a battery really quickly with the engine off.

Inters is getting closer lads.

Thought it be good to start talking camping and the stand or just talk randomly about inters.

Mods/Admin, what are you guys doing this year at Inters?
We all know last year was a bit of a poor show on ASN powers part but I'm assuming this is not happening again this?
Who's going and is there going to be any flags, the big tent or such?
Sandra, don't bother saying I'll PM Adam. I've already done it!!

Everyone else that's camping.
There was a conversation in the Pub thread about a gazebo. Jason.S has started a little gaybo fund (Its not really gay, coatsey made it that they) for the campers. We each put in about £7, Jason buys, stores and transports the gazebo to inters for us and any future shows he/we attend. If any of the campers wants in on the gazebo, drop Jason.S a PM.

For people who's camping all weekend or just Friday night, we are thinking of meeting up at a local pub and convoying in to the ground together, in the hope of getting all ASNers camping together.
I propose this location Shakespeare County Raceway, Long Marston Airfield, Campden Rd, Lower Quinton, Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom - Google Maps
Its a pub with parking. so we can stop for a pint or two while we wait for everyone else to turn up and the ground to open. The place opens at 1500 for campers.
How do people feel about leave the pub about 1600 and head over to the ground?

Reactions: coatesy and superkarl
Its a good plan to me. Be nice to all roll in at once.

Be annoying if we are all split up or don't have enough space for others to join us.

Here is a map of the raceway.

LITTLE_MAP.jpg

The light green areas are for camping. Looks like a nice amount of space.

Inters is getting closer lads.

Thought it be good to start talking camping and the stand or just talk randomly about inters.

Mods/Admin, what are you guys doing this year at Inters?
We all know last year was a bit of a poor show on ASN powers part but I'm assuming this is not happening again this?
Who's going and is there going to be any flags, the big tent or such?
Sandra, don't bother saying I'll PM Adam. I've already done it!!

Everyone else that's camping.
There was a conversation in the Pub thread about a gazebo. Jason.S has started a little gaybo fund (Its not really gay, coatsey made it that they) for the campers. We each put in about £7, Jason buys, stores and transports the gazebo to inters for us and any future shows he/we attend. If any of the campers wants in on the gazebo, drop Jason.S a PM.

For people who's camping all weekend or just Friday night, we are thinking of meeting up at a local pub and convoying in to the ground together, in the hope of getting all ASNers camping together.
I propose this location Shakespeare County Raceway, Long Marston Airfield, Campden Rd, Lower Quinton, Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom - Google Maps
Its a pub with parking. so we can stop for a pint or two while we wait for everyone else to turn up and the ground to open. The place opens at 1500 for campers.
How do people feel about leave the pub about 1600 and head over to the ground?

Wasnt going to Scott, you have it all sorted, sure you will all have a fun weekend.

What time are people getting there friday? Im heading up but not till i finish work at 5.

It would be good to camp with everyone though

What time are people getting there friday? Im heading up but not till i finish work at 5.

It would be good to camp with everyone though

Knowing me and my sense of time keeping I'll be at the pub by 10.

I'm not sure how they are doing the camping this year but we will try and spread ourselves out to make sure there is room for anyone who's arriving later.

I'm down for this all enter at the same time, ill be traveling with chez and Leigh I think plus anyone else from the north east

my names down but i've been chatting with Jonse today about it and we both cannot wait!

Reactions: ScottD3
I'm taking my 72 litre cool box which will keep the food and drinks cool all weekend.
On the friday of the show (5th of july) i'm going to pop in to Sainsburys and buy my weekend supply of food and drink with several bags of ice to help keep the food cold.
Just wondering if anyone wants to chip in some funds with their order and I'll get their food and keep it all in the cool box.
At the moment I'm getting mine and Westy's.

First show with the s3 for me, looking forward to it and hopefully meeting some new faces :s3addict:

How big is this show? Just wondering as this will be my first proper VAG show.

Cheers

How big is this show? Just wondering as this will be my first proper VAG show.

Cheers

Its a reasonably sized show.

There seems to be a lot on, see and do if you want to go down the strip.

Not sure what this year will be like. Its at a different location to last year, so it could be bigger or smaller.
Either way, there is camping and that's great. :jump:

We will be there, probably just for the Saturday though. Must get on and order the tickets. Would love to camp but our 3yr old would be a nightmare :-(

Got my tent but thinking I may buy one of those throw in the air and sets it self up things, after last years fiasco with the weather

I'm taking my 72 litre cool box which will keep the food and drinks cool all weekend.
On the friday of the show (5th of july) i'm going to pop in to Sainsburys and buy my weekend supply of food and drink with several bags of ice to help keep the food cold.
Just wondering if anyone wants to chip in some funds with their order and I'll get their food and keep it all in the cool box.
At the moment I'm getting mine and Westy's.

Could be up for that mate. Will sort closer to time

I've got some camping kit so will be bringing that.

Anybody heading over passing the High Wycombe area? One of the asn lads has had his car written off so will be transport less fir the show.

Last post for now.

When ordering I ticked the ASN club box., So have received the ASN Club hangers. Are we doing anything as a far as a club stand?