Attendee list GTi International 3-4th June 2017

Here's the paper work for the S7
1088ab87c1ad84d0812f643ae25e276b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trip to GTI international today at it's new home in Rockingham. Not been there before , It's a very impressive facility pity there weren't more people there though, it would be hard to fill though as the stands are massive.Some very nice cars there, nice to meet DJalix and Mike and look at some nice cars.
Had a go on the sprint track , instead of a 1/4 mile run this is only half the distance just 1/8 mile. As this was a race track grip at the start line and in the first phase was a problem for anybody with fwd. I posted a fastest 1/8 mile time of 8.429 seconds which won me another fastest diesel trophy.
Very nice glass trophy similar to the two I won in the last two years.

My best 1/8th mile time was a 8.429 s which is 0.16s faster than the fastest 1/8 mile time I did last year at GTI on the 1/4 mile at Shakespeare and the car did feel like it was pulling better with the manifiold I have put on, No longer a modified standard hollowed out DPF, fitted the straight through pipe I have had for a while. Initially fitted this when the hybrid was first fitted but had to take it off as there wasn't enough back pressure and the car was using oil. Now it's done some miles the turbine oil seal has carbonned up a bit and it seems to run fine. Makes a nicer noise to.

Here's one of the runs against a TT, not sure what it is but it was in my mirrors all the way up the straight.

There is a great feature on the way in and out of the infield, the Exhaust appreciation tunnel. Had to turn around and drive through this again to appreciate the noise of my diesel.

Reactions: Sandra, MikeSel^ and DJAlix
Have we got a club stand still? I might come down. We can buy tickets at the gate right?

Need to see if MRC are still there tho

Have we got a club stand still? I might come down. We can buy tickets at the gate right?

Yes you can buy on the gate, an yes we have a stand Just through the club stand gates on the left after the VAG Tuners flag :)

Reactions: Sandra
@desertstorm well done Karl on your trophy. That's quite a collection you building up. :) x

Good news. Hope the new plates look good

Had a few sets made up, all looking pretty good :)

IMG 8899

Ended up being the only ASN member on the stand today, but did bump in to a couple memebers while walking about :)

Reactions: MikeSel^
Well was here over wkend myself down with a few friends and helping out with show n shine organisation (it did get me free track and sprint passes for the wkend tho) and had a really good wkend

Track was good n had a fair few sessions starting to get used to it -prob not the ideal track for a big heavy avant but enjoyable non the less!

Icing on the cake was my 1/8 mile personal best sub 8 second run with a 0-60 of 3.7! For 1700kg family hack plus driver you can't complain to much on that :)

Some nice Audi metal there especially the carbon RS avant with the biggest discs I think I've ever ever seen-filled the space behind the 21" rotaform splits!!!! I'll try get a pic up at some point unless anyone else caught it?

Reactions: Forbzeeee
Nice to see a good turn out of TT's. I am on the TT Forum quite a lot these days as there is a lot of info and quite a few car builds for track TT's.
Pity I couldn't make it today.

KW Automotive UK seem to have caught me having a catch up with Kim and the guys from QS Tuning in their post GTI International 2017 promotional video :)

Screen Shot 2017 06 06 at 133616 squashed Screen Shot 2017 06 06 at 133632 squashed

Reactions: V6_Man
I was there on Sunday from about 2pm.... It was a last minute decision so I didn't get a chance to meet up with anyone, plus I had my girlfriend with me. Happy with my 0-60 time on the sprint of 3.79 and 1/8 at 7.9 with two people in the car. It was a good day and now looking forward to AITP in August.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra