1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTechniq W5 Citrus APC

Steelster Aug 28, 2017

1. Steelster

Steelster Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 S tronic

Evening all! I just bought some of the gtechniq citrus APC and was wondering if anyone knows what is a decent dilution ratio when using as a pre-cleaner.

The bottle says use neat for heavy soiling and 1:100 for light soiling, but that's quite the difference in concentration!!

I'll be applying with a pump sprayer for the first stage of the wash if that makes any difference to your answers!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Pook

Pook Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

Hey, how did the W5 work out for you as a pre-wash through a pump spray, and did you settle on a successful dilution ratio? I’m considering moving over to this from my auto foam. As a pre wash, reading would suggest a dilution of between 1:5 and 1:10, but either ratio is going to be considerably more expensive than the auto foam and indeed VP citrus wash which I have also tried before.

4. Steelster

Steelster Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 S tronic

Yeah it works well! Much better than the foam at things like bug removal and that side of grime removal, but I still used foam after the APC anyway so can't give a true comparison of APC as a foam replacement.

Generally settled for around a 1:4 or 5 ratio similar to the foam. Have used on the interior too at a higher dilution rate and that was great. Hope that helps!

5. Pook

Pook Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

Great thanks very much, I may give it a try, like I say just the price a bit off putting at that dilution, thanks!