Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi all!

Has anybody used this stuff before? It's very pricey but have heard good things about it.

Is it hard to use?

Is it a replacement for wax?

Many thanks in advance.

It looks easy to apply from YouTube videos and essentially provides protection like a sealant or wax would do but lasts a lot longer, I haven't used it before, am quite happy with synthetic sealant for now. Maybe when I fully detail my car I will consider this c1 application.

Have applied C1 to many a cars now. Can be topped with a wax, or, a sister hybrid product such as EXOv2 (which is AWESOME)

It's a hardy base layer - once on, really, your only hope of removing it is via machine polishing.

Some say it's beading/properties aren't the best but it will go on protecting and sheeting for months, years. Again, topped with EXO (or your fav wax) it's a killer combo. Have just topped a basalt black Boxster S with x2 EXO coats and it's stunning.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Have applied C1 to many a cars now. Can be topped with a wax, or, a sister hybrid product such as EXOv2 (which is AWESOME)

It's a hardy base layer - once on, really, your only hope of removing it is via machine polishing.

Some say it's beading/properties aren't the best but it will go on protecting and sheeting for months, years. Again, topped with EXO (or your fav wax) it's a killer combo. Have just topped a basalt black Boxster S with x2 EXO coats and it's stunning.
So you highly recommend it then? How do you apply it? So it's something you apply AFTER all the polishing,correction and waxes then?

Ive had this on for about 12 months now, and must say that it is a good base layer. Pretty average on its own, but as said put a good wax over it and its pretty good. Must say though that I much prefer my previous blackfire which i will be applying again when i have the time. It beads better and has a real deep shimmer but a pain to upkeep, as it doesnt last that long. Gtech lasts longer but is not so impressive.Just my pennys worth