GT5 - ASN Member in a reasonably priced car - December

smudge_don

Reaction score
The 1st official ASN member in a reasonably priced car competition is here!!! The car will change each month depending on a vote that i will make a new thread for at the end of each month

This competition will be open from 1st December to 31st December

Rules to enter are as follows:

1. Each user much use the VW Lupo 1.4 '02 (this can be unlocked by winning the Lupo Cup race in Professional Series) and race around the Top Gear Test Track (this is unlocked by getting gold on the 1st TGTT challenge with the VW Camper Vans...be patient and it will happen!) The best way to do this is go into "Arcade Mode" and enter a "Time Trial". Go to "World Tracks" and find the TGTT

2. Each user must line the bottom of the wing mirrors of the Lupo up with the start line like i've pictured below:

2010-12-01212053.jpg

And start the lap from a standing start. Any times that are completed not from a standing start are obviously counted as cheating. Not that we can tell, but let's do this properly if we're going to do it at all folks :happy:

3. There is no limit on the number of laps you're allowed to do, however each one must be from a standing start. To make things a bit more competitive however, i think that each user should only be allowed to post 3 times in one month. So if you post one time, you then have 2 more chances to post a better time to try and get up the leader board

4. The car must be STANDARD! No modifications, no adjustments or any changes to the car please. This means that it is a level playing field for us all. All the standard settings such at traction control on 5, ABS on 1 etc must apply, no changes to gear ratios, suspension, tyres or aerodynamics are allowed. Again, if you want to cheat on this, then you're just ruining it for other people :sadlike:

5. Once you feel you have a good enough time to post, you must either take a screenshot (if you can figure out how to) or take a picture of your best laptime showing the time of the lap, date it was done and the car it was done in

I will try to update this on a daily basis, so get racing! Remember, if we all play by the same rules, it makes it more competitive and therefore a lot more fun :yes:

Feel free to ask any questions or post any suggestions in here guys. Happy racing!

LEADERBOARD:

1. NoggyS3 - 1:43.982
2. smudge_don - 1:44.976
3. Dane - 1:45.791

Last edited:
The leaderboard should have a special slot way above first just for me ;) seeing as it is MY track lol!

Remember, if we all play by the same rules, it makes it more competitive and therefore a lot more fun :yes:

You remind me of Monica from friends ha.

I'm actually genuinely excited for this, and since I'm working from home again today I'm gonna try upload a time at lunch.

How about suggesting that if someone gets a time so good that it's questionable they save the video replay so we can analyse it ha. Plus would be good to watch other techniques too for learning.

Have you unlocked the TGTT yet smudge? I did it after 3 attempts last night and on the time I did it I won by a 4.5 second gap. I was well surprised.

How about suggesting that if someone gets a time so good that it's questionable they save the video replay

Have you unlocked the TGTT yet smudge? I did it after 3 attempts last night and on the time I did it I won by a 4.5 second gap. I was well surprised.

Good idea on saving the replay. Upload to youtube and link to here.

4.5secs!! You said you were poo at this game :laugh:

Good idea on saving the replay. Upload to youtube and link to here.

4.5secs!! You said you were poo at this game :laugh:

I seriously am poo. Best I'd managed before that was 3rd.

On my first lap where I went for it, some risky late braking, dodgy swerves etc. Got up to 4th I think by last turn of first lap, and had got to first by hammerhead. He was pretty close until the last two corners where he suddenly fell to 4.5 seconds back. I tried to take a pic but it cleared the screen ha.

" it does'nt matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!" :sly:

'I bet a couple of neeesan sr20 motors would pull a premium one week before race wars'

:laugh:
No mods on the Lupo are aloud dude :rulez:

I wil be having a bash at this tonight, maybe even post a time!

Dane whats your PSN mate :icon_thumright:

Haha, Imagine if you could do that on GT5! hello MR mini!

my PSN is Titangunned - a bit odd but the coolest anagram of my name that I could find.

You remind me of Monica from friends ha.

I'm actually genuinely excited for this, and since I'm working from home again today I'm gonna try upload a time at lunch.

How about suggesting that if someone gets a time so good that it's questionable they save the video replay so we can analyse it ha. Plus would be good to watch other techniques too for learning.

How dare you!!!!! :faint:

But you know what i mean. Might as well play by the rules if we're gonna play at all

Good idea about the replay also. Anyone got any other suggestions for this?

The Mrs is stuck down here atm coz of the snow so i won't be posting a time for a while :(

Hehe! Will add you later then mate :icon_thumright:

You have to tell me what your name is now, for the life of me i cannot do anagrams :blush:

Haha nope, I'll give you a clue my first name is... Dane. lol (sits back and awaits obseen suggestions for surname)

Dane Titgunn....

Haha no, it's Nutting. My bros is a better one - Militant Gun. Has no one tryed a lap yet or does no one want to be the first time? lol

How dare you!!!!! :faint:

But you know what i mean. Might as well play by the rules if we're gonna play at all

Good idea about the replay also. Anyone got any other suggestions for this?

The Mrs is stuck down here atm coz of the snow so i won't be posting a time for a while :(

Oh I completely agree! Just think that Monica said a very similar line in friends and it made me laugh. Any cheating would proper spoil it though, I agree.

Surely the gratuitous sex with your mrs is far better than gt5 though?! Snow day = fun times. At least for me it does :)

Hoping to go online in a bit and post a time up. I won't mind being first. Will get some lunch and then try it.

I'll go first, the time I'm putting forward for my first submission, the time number 2 - 1:45.791 - pretty surprised I thought it was going to be difficult to break into the 1:45's but I reckon we could see 1:44's. I have saved the vid :thumbsup:

photo.jpg

We have our 1st challenger :) Well done Dane, you have 2 more posts to make this month to improve your time buddy!

Awww man, mods have told me i can't edit the 1st post after a while :( so i can either PM them to change it or update the leaderboard with posts as we go through the thread

Thoughts?

My first time posted.....

LupoDec10TGTT.jpg

I have saved the replay also :icon_thumright:

Aw man I got owned

Well done Noggy, that's pretty much the same time I can achieve with a rolling start, ha!! I was hoping to play earlier but got busy with some work :( Might be on in a bit.

I think we should ask the winner to post his/her winning replay at the end of the month

Should be able to save the replay and then upload to youtube from the PS3

I don't get how Noggy beat me by a whole second :| that 1:44 time i had was a real push for me :laugh:

I think we should ask the winner to post his/her winning replay at the end of the month

Should be able to save the replay and then upload to youtube from the PS3

I don't get how Noggy beat me by a whole second :| that 1:44 time i had was a real push for me :laugh:

I know! I reckon I could break into the 1:44's and, if by luck, I some how manage to beat Noggy's time you know he's going to be able to improve it lol!

Video sounds like a plan.

I know! I reckon I could break into the 1:44's and, if by luck, I some how manage to beat Noggy's time you know he's going to be able to improve it lol!

Video sounds like a plan.

I only wanna see it so i can compare with mine to see where he's shaved a second off :laugh:

Noggy, was that using the controller or a wheel?

Thats with a controller, was going to get a wheel but i don't really have the room for it!

My tip is 'slow in, fast out' and turn the stupid race line thing of! I never have that on it just puts me off!

Sure one of you guys will beat my time. Practice! Practice! Practice!

The racing line does nothing in helping you learn the track. I.E braking point, turn in, how much throttle....

I just try and copy the Stig on the TGTT lol. the first corner for instance the racing line shown is really tight to the cones on the left hand side I have not seen the stig do that once.

Just done a 1:43.644, :)

I thank you.

Though I've never posted photos up so may be difficult to prove, got a picture on me IPhone...