GSM Phone Prep

mrsteve

Reaction score
Hi all

I have an SPV 3100 Orange, its a PDA/Phone windows mobile etc...

When borrowing an S3 for a quick spin although the dealer got his phone working, we couldnt get mine working, however bluetooth on my phone is not as simple as on/off.

anyone got GSM phone prep working via bluetooth with an spv?

Thanks
Steve

Not a SPV, but I have had mine working with a t-mobile MDA Vario (windows mobile 5) and my current company ipaq 514 (windows mobile 6) and both work with no problems, the ipaq also displays network and signal which the MDA didnt!

may be that system will only allow one phone at a time to connect via blue tooth as is the case with my works van. if i have phone in hands free holder my spare phone won't connect to blue tooth

i do have a spare mda vario but could do with the spv working. still might be worth a shot, thanks

Redders, you are right in that you can only have one phone connected at one time, but you did spark something else in my head.

At the time the salesguy disconnected his phone and turned his bluetooth off, but i did not restart the engine before trying to connect mine, maybe for it to be in a state to receive requests it needs to be a fresh start,

im supposedly an IT bod and i didnt think to turn it off and back on again as a first thing to do, lol thats bad.

:)

It should work fine with a reboot to be honest, as its basically the same as the ipaq and MDA because of the OS!