Gsm iPhone cradle arrived / fitted........How hard is it to fit aux lead (06 A3)

Baza1819

Reaction score
Ordered an iPhone cradle for my A3, came today / fitted in seconds and am well impressed - better then a daft 12v lead to charge it all the time !!
Looks well in the car, very professional looking bit of kit IMO.........:rockwoot:

Genuine Audi cradle that sits on the gsm base fitted to the dashboard - standard oem part !

Last edited:
howa youngun!
get some pics up man!
its nee good telling us without showing us!
pics! or it never happened! :beerchug:

Will do it today.......
When I get back from Audi Sunderland with my new Injectors fitted........

In the meantime, here's mine;
IMG_0157.jpg

I thought, I'll take one of just the dock and another one with the phone in place. Then I discovered a fundamental flaw in my plan.....:)

Part number if anyone requires one - 8T0 051 435F. For iPhone 4 and 4s

In the meantime, here's mine;
IMG_0157.jpg

I thought, I'll take one of just the dock and another one with the phone in place. Then I discovered a fundamental flaw in my plan.....:)

Part number if anyone requires one - 8T0 051 435F. For iPhone 4 and 4s

ha! classic! yes you cant take pictures of your phone with your phone unless you use mirrors or something mate!
looks good!

It is hideously expensive at around £100 but it's worth every penny for the ability to charge your phone and connect it to the sharkfin. Have the same cradle although mine's in the armrest as I couldn't stand it on the dash but that's just me :)

I bought mine second hand off eBay, I got the 3G one for £33 + del.
My iPhone 4 fits no probs.......... Bargain I say !!

I bought mine second hand off eBay, I got the 3G one for £33 + del.
My iPhone 4 fits no probs.......... Bargain I say !!

how well does the 4 fit in the 3G cradle mate? does it fit with a cover on your phone?

It is hideously expensive at around £100 but it's worth every penny for the ability to charge your phone and connect it to the sharkfin. Have the same cradle although mine's in the armrest as I couldn't stand it on the dash but that's just me :)

iPhones won't connect to the sharkfin as there is no aerial out on the phone. The cradles for iPhones are just chargers, same with BMW ones.

Hi so if you dont have audi telephone prep you can plug cradle into rnse to charge phone?

Was this a replacement for an old factory fitted dock?

No, it clips onto the factory fitted dock. There are a myriad of different cradles for different phones that clip onto the standard dock, whether it's the dash mounted option or arm rest option.

iPhones won't connect to the sharkfin as there is no aerial out on the phone. The cradles for iPhones are just chargers, same with BMW ones.

Ah didn't realise that. Oh well, don't generally have any signal problems anyway :)