Grr, big a$$ stone chips...

plezz

Reaction score
Hey all, I need some advice from all you helpful peeps on here..

I was driving along a country lane this afternoon when a lorry was coming towards me, and a load of stones and mud seemed to fall off the back of it and hit me. I've got about 4 stone chips on the bonnet, and a big one on the bumper.

Does anyone know anywhere i can go to get this fixed, and what I should do?

the chips seem deep - more than just a bit of t-cut is needed for these buggers.

I've read chip repairs are never 100% and it may be better to get the panel resprayed.

what do you guys think? any detailers have any advice or experiences? if the cost isn't too different id rather go for a respray on the bonnet.

thanks for any advice guys.

Plezz.

first off that sucks balls man o huge one hit my bonnet bounced off it twice then put a big chip in my windscreen not long ago gutted , depends on the colour of your car as some colours are more difficult to touch in than others silver is hard to colour match where as black is not too bad to match , best bet is to go to audi to get the touch up paint as it will be genuine colour so more of a chance to get it close to the original colour

thanks Fran, its Phantom black so metallic which might be a littlemore difficult.

do you mean get the paint and have a go myself? I didn't want to do it myself, as you can feel these chips go in- they are quite deep and I'd want a pro to fix it really so no rust creeps in etc.

audi's are galvanised steel so they won't rust buddy if they do rust then they aint genuine audi panels so don't worry about that , yeah i would have a go yourself matey its not hard to do all you have to do is build up the layers of paint bit by bit leaving it to dry between coats , use a fine artists brush thinner the better , if you don't want to do it yourself if you don't think you can do it then any body shop or valeter/detailer can do it if they are any good buddy

haha, you make it sound like i'm terrified Fran :p

its just the chips are quite deep, so will need some laquer etc.

i do have a thin scratch on the rear bumper i might try and paint in, but the ones on te bonnet i want to have done properly.

haha, you make it sound like i'm terrified Fran :p

its just the chips are quite deep, so will need some laquer etc.

i do have a thin scratch on the rear bumper i might try and paint in, but the ones on te bonnet i want to have done properly.
The Audi ones come with clear coat dude

Good job your not putting into a coachworks. Same kind of thing happened to me but I managed to track down the company responsible and they have admitted liability. Audi quote was £1984......OUCH!!! But Im not paying so happy dayz.