GROUPBUY: - Canbus LED bulbs to replace halogen DRL bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes + £5 please pm me to order

Are you shipping to Slovakia also?? If yes, then i do believe thats 屣5..??

I might order a pair of PS19W but they wont mix with the yellowish halogen main beams ? Im not sure if the DRL PS19W's are on while having the main beam in night...any help guys?

Hi ive ordered the DRL's for my 58 plate A3 1.9tdi s line sportback,would the HID kit you sell for my car be the same colour as the DRL's ive ordered and what colour temp are they (ie 6000k).

Also have these HID kits been tried and tested and are they guaranteed not to blow the wiper motor ?

So with the 15% discount would the price for the kit be £85 delivered ?

cheers chris

??????

Hi the LEDS dont come in different colour temperatures but HIDS do i would think that 6000k HID would match the LED the best.

The price is £85 delivered and that is discounted yes.

This particular kit i run myself in 58 reg without an issue with the wiper motor etc its been designed around this problem something which the 1 series also suffers from

thanks

Hi the LEDS dont come in different colour temperatures but HIDS do i would think that 6000k HID would match the LED the best.

The price is £85 delivered and that is discounted yes.

This particular kit i run myself in 58 reg without an issue with the wiper motor etc its been designed around this problem something which the 1 series also suffers from

thanks

So are they guaranteed not to blow wiper motor

sorry for all questions its just that i have done some research on HIDs on the forum and its a very common problem and dont want the expense of having to replace the motor

Hi it was a problem before this kit and now its no longer a problem rest assured this ballast has been designed around it and ive tested it on mine for a while now, no issues at all.

can you reply to my post ??

With regards to the sidelights

Some cars are more sensitive than others with the canbus system it would seem ive supplied 10 pairs at least of these now and theyve all ben fine bar one car, if you have had issues before theres a good chance your car is more sensitive in which case you would need a pair of these little plug in decoder boxes also which are just £6.50 a set.

images

mine work ok

thses look verry similar to the ones i tried and didnt work ( not from you ) they come up as error then after 10 mins worked but this was every start up. my understanding that was due to the output the car thinks the bulb has blown.

ill try and get the thread up. what makes these diffrent ?

if you need another ( and they defo work ill order too )

With regards to the sidelights

Some cars are more sensitive than others with the canbus system it would seem ive supplied 10 pairs at least of these now and theyve all ben fine bar one car, if you have had issues before theres a good chance your car is more sensitive in which case you would need a pair of these little plug in decoder boxes also which are just £6.50 a set.

images

are you selling these? are they a simple plug and play thing?

thanks

Hi mate, do u sell HID's for my 2004 Audi A3 2.0 TDi that won't blow the wiper motor? If so how much are they delivered?

Thanks

Hi mate, do u sell HID's for my 2004 Audi A3 2.0 TDi that won't blow the wiper motor? If so how much are they delivered?

Thanks

Hi yes we have a special kit which includes an earthed ballast please pm me to arrange the price is £85 and kit quality is A1 Premium

hi, i would like the ps19w bulbs and also the HID upgrade kit. how do i purchase?? thanks

ok guys theyre all in the post can i just add for those with the ps19w please take car when fitting to get them the correct way (top and bottom) as there is two grooves then one groove as pictured heree circles in red, if you dont align the groves up right and force them in they will easily break so please take note..

thanks
3164-dscfgg2792.jpg

Also weve had an order from a VINCENT SEO but no address attached could he get in touch please?

thanks

Hey, I've an Audi A3 55plate 2.0 TDI quattro S line.

Can someone please help with what bulbs to order?

Thanks
Ryan

Andi1...

Is it possible to post up a little "how to" on changing the bulbs as i'm a bit of an amateur and don't want to mess it up! (ps19w)

Cheers

Just wanted to give an update on the 5w 501 LED sidelight bulbs I bought from this thread.
They work a treat on mine and look a lovely colour. The only thing I have noticed is that when I turn the ignition on, they flash dimly on and off for a couple of seconds. This is without me turning them on. I assume this is the car doing a faulty bulb check and that on normal bulbs nothing happens, but as LED's require much less power then it's lighting them slightly with each bulb check.

As I said, this only happens for a couple of seconds and I actually think it looks quite cool. I suppose I could turn off the cold diagnostic of the front lights with VCDS, but as it's not causing any trouble I think I'll leave it.

In summary, I'd have to say definitely worth the money!

Andi1...

Is it possible to post up a little "how to" on changing the bulbs as i'm a bit of an amateur and don't want to mess it up! (ps19w)

Cheers

Scratch that request for install lol! Got them in after work today! Here's some pics...

Difference...

517c4c97.jpg

a0a41428.jpg

Finished...

ed56d968.jpg

8fd789b2.jpg

Reactions: orfink, Solly and Paullie
@ ASHMAN Yes installing is not that difficult just jack up car, remove wheel undo a few screws to allow the arch liner to be undone and bent back slightly and then preferably wedged in place whilst you gain accesss to the cover of the lamp and then your in quite easy really.

Was a bit easier than that! Just twisted the back cover off, stuck my hand into the opening and after a fair few scratches (my hands are a bit big lol) I jiggled it a bit and managed to twist the housing and it came right out but it was a bit of a fight. I guess your way would save your hands a bit but it'd take longer and I'm impatient lol. The passenger side was a bit trickier as there was a little less space but still managed to get there in the end.

are ps19w still available?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.