Group Buy - Electrically heated windscreen for A3/S3 8L

OneiRacing

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've organised a special run of A3/S3 8L heated windscreens to be manufactured by Ricky Evans Motorsport Heated Windscreens (https://www.heatedwindscreen.com/) because I need a couple for my S3 tarmac rally car.

The price is £220 + VAT + Shipping, unless we can get 10 orders in then it will be £210 + VAT + Shipping. No VAT for international orders of course!

The cut off date for orders is June 13th 2019. So if this is something you've been waiting for, please contact Heated Windscreens directly to place your order at
sales@heatedwindscreen.com and they will organise payment and shipping for everyone individually.

I'll post any further updates as they come to hand, if you ask any questions of them, please post the details to this thread so everyone (including me!) can see them.

Cheers,
Greg

Reactions: Alex C and Sandra
I would also like to point out the minimum number for a special order is 5 windscreens and I'm on the hook for all 5 at the moment (which I'll do if I have too, but I really only need 2)!

So if you're thinking you'll wait for the next batch, there probably won't be one!

Reactions: Sandra
might be interested in this but just wondering is there any pictures of it close up to see what it look like? even if it from a different model

might be interested in this but just wondering is there any pictures of it close up to see what it look like? even if it from a different model

Hi ToughlilT,

Are you looking to confirm the elements are not visible? Or is there something else you are looking to see?

Hi ToughlilT,

Are you looking to confirm the elements are not visible? Or is there something else you are looking to see?

yea, how visible would they be and also whats the finish would be like on it. Would it still look oem?

I'll ask the manufacturer for some pics.

Reactions: Sandra and ToughlilT
@ToughlilT heard back, their response is below.

Hi Greg,

I wish I could send photos through but it is near impossible to capture the wires on a photo – you just cant see them.

The windscreen will look exactly the same as the one that is in the car now, with the exception of the wires coming out of the bottom ready to wire in the car.

We aim to get the same thickness and everything.

The screens are dual circuit so you will a live and earth wire on both sides for a quicker more efficient heating system.

Reactions: ToughlilT
You would think in this day & age they would be standard on top of the range cars????. ''Yes'' i know Ford had the patent on these for years but i think this has expired now?. When you think how long they have been standard on ''rear'' screen !!!!, i would prefer to see where i'm going rarther than where i've been !!!! :whistle2:

Reactions: OneiRacing and hydro s3
Can I ask who people are planning to use to install these screens? Has anyone obtained an estimate for fitting?

Can I ask who people are planning to use to install these screens? Has anyone obtained an estimate for fitting?

My screen is already out, so I'm committed. I have a windscreen installer but I haven't asked what it's going to cost yet (wouldn't be much help unless people in Australia want an estimate!).

I'll be doing the electrical work myself, it's a pretty simple installation.

Reactions: Richard46
Do you know if these will come with a mount for the rear view mirror or would we have to take it off are old windscreen?

How do these wire in and where are you guys going to fit a switch to control it

Reactions: Tj 0785
How do these wire in and where are you guys going to fit a switch to control it

The screens need a relay switched power source to both sides.

I'm just going to use the factory demist button to switch the relays... One in, all in!

Reactions: rhubarb4
Getting very close to order cut off.

Only one person interested so far (me), so this really is the last chance to get one at this price!

Cheers
Greg

Guys an update on this one. The windscreens are made, however they ended up making 6 instead of the 5 that were ordered.

So, if anyone is interested there is now some extra stock available and ready to ship!

Price remains as first advertised £220 + VAT + Shipping (no VAT for overseas customers)

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Attachments

• HeatedWindscreenFinished.jpg
    HeatedWindscreenFinished.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 385
  • Love
Reactions: MPH, s3mad_dude and Asim1
Guys an update on this one. The windscreens are made, however they ended up making 6 instead of the 5 that were ordered.

So, if anyone is interested there is now some extra stock available and ready to ship!

Price remains as first advertised £220 + VAT + Shipping (no VAT for overseas customers)

Please let me know if there are any questions.
Did this ever happen and would it have fitted an 8p ??

my question ''Still made ?''

Yes we can but we have to make them to order as we don’t stock them.

The minimum order is 5 and they would be £268 + VAT each

Thanks
Dan

Ricky Evans Motorsport Ltd

Last edited: