Grinding noise on the disc.

S3DM

Reaction score
Morning guys - Hoping you can help!

Had this nasty grinding noise on my drivers disc. So took the wheel off to investigate and this is what i found wedged in between the dust guard and the disc. Just floating round the inside of the disc...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384762890643721

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384762916393110

On the second image it was inside that small gap - managed to grab it out with pliers and patience ! I dont know weather it came off the car or what it is :/

Any help would be appreciated !

Cheers, Dan

Is there a part number or anything stamped on it? Could be one of the brackets that secures the wiring for the ABS sensor or pad wear sensor... are there any wires that are unsecured at that spindle/hub?

Thanks for a reply! - From what i can see all the ABS wires are all in place - The brackets for these seem quite tough compared to the flimsy bit of ally i took out from the inside of the disc. There is no sort of identification on the offending piece. Possibly could be something to do with the pad wear sensor? How would i tell? Cars still sweet.

Maybe it just kicked up from the road and it's just really bad luck it fell in there? :keule:

I think it's off a McDonnel Douglas MD11, like the one that brought down Concorde. (seriously - suspect it's a "foreigner")