Grille options on an 09 ? Huge choice it seems....

Rog_B

Reaction score
Apologies for another grille thread. I've had a good search and looked at loads.
Seems some are £30 and some are £300, will I notice a difference?
PlastiDip? I dunno but I want black with the silver rings not the horrible one I have.
Honeycomb? Gloss? Matt?
What have you done with yours, folks?
Thanks
Rog

A310

Reactions: Dan_anthony
It is a pre-facelift grille, but, the same seller does facelift grilles as well. I only noticed after I posted that it has gone up by £10.00 since I got my one. He had different styles, black mesh with chrome border, etc. all much the same price.
My one is gloss black and uses screws to fix to existing holes in the bumper. I think the Xenons one clips in.
It's no drama to fit and you could do it in a couple of hours.
It is a bumper off job though.

I did have an FK grille on and didn't like it much, this one finishes the car off nicely.

Reactions: TimWills28, Rob C and Rog_B
Thank you, this was after a snow foam, wash and buffed up with Poorboys Sealant using a dirt cheap Lidl machine polisher.

:yes:

Reactions: Rog_B
It is a pre-facelift grille, but, the same seller does facelift grilles as well. I only noticed after I posted that it has gone up by £10.00 since I got my one. He had different styles, black mesh with chrome border, etc. all much the same price.
My one is gloss black and uses screws to fix to existing holes in the bumper. I think the Xenons one clips in.
It's no drama to fit and you could do it in a couple of hours.
It is a bumper off job though.
View attachment 64132
I did have an FK grille on and didn't like it much, this one finishes the car off nicely.
Car is

Reactions: Jake 61
I'm actually looking for one myself. Does anyone know if the OEM one is also completely made out of ABS plastic?

Thanks Tim...:salute:

I'm actually looking for one myself. Does anyone know if the OEM one is also completely made out of ABS plastic?

I'm pretty sure that my one has ABS stamped on the back of it @Yega...:yes:

Here's a link to one of the facelift versions @Rog_B

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPORTS-BLACK-CHROME-WEB-RS3-LOOK-GRILL-AUDI-A3-8P-NUMBER-PLATE-BADGE-HOLDER/331548906017?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140328180637&meid=1cd35fa8181946fbac96f50f7c263fbf&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=10&mehot=lo&sd=331571243175

:smile new:

Cheers @Jake 61 I'm just trying to figure out if I should hold out and try get a genuine Audi one second hand if its better quality or different material, or just got for a aftermarket one.

Reactions: Jake 61
Cheers @Jake 61 I'm just trying to figure out if I should hold out and try get a genuine Audi one second hand if its better quality or different material, or just got for a aftermarket one.

I did a fair bit of trawling for grilles before I saw this one @Yega, when I saw the price, I thought f*** it and bought it on the spot.
It's nicely finished, brand new and is well worth a punt. Some of the second hand genuines I looked at were a bit of a state, so I'm glad I got this one and I'm really pleased with it.

@Jake 61 Thanks, I've been doing the same and agree that the genuine is way overpriced and I guess second hand ones wont be in a perfect state. Mine is a 58 plate, so thats pre-facelift right?

The first one you linked, the all black one, says it doesn't fit S3...Why would that be?

@Jake 61 Thanks, I've been doing the same and agree that the genuine is way overpriced and I guess second hand ones wont be in a perfect state. Mine is a 58 plate, so thats pre-facelift right?

The first one you linked, the all black one, says it doesn't fit S3...Why would that be?

The S3 bumper is a slightly different shape at the bottom and I think the grille is shorter to compensate.
I think you would have to get one from Xenons for an S3 bumper.
Normally, I would say that 58 plate would be a facelift front, if it helps.

The S3 bumper is a slightly different shape at the bottom and I think the grille is shorter to compensate.
I think you would have to get one from Xenons for an S3 bumper.
Normally, I would say that 58 plate would be a facelift front, if it helps.
Ah fair enough, I will look at getting the Xenonz one then I think.