Grille / Black Styling Pack

SJR88

Reaction score
Since Audi have added the option to have the black styling pack on the A4 I've realised how much I don't like the grille on mine. I've looked into getting it wrapped in gloss black but apparently this will be too awkward to do due to it being in sections of grey and chrome, it would have to be taken apart. This is also the case if I were to get it sprayed - it's all time consuming and costly.

I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what a new grille would cost if I were to try and get a black gloss one new when they become more available?

On the Configurator the car just looks so much better and more aggressive looking with the black styling pack. Does anyone else feel the same? I feel like the standard grille on the S Line makes it look boring!

I think the chrome looks best except for black and white cars

I used to prefer the chrome on cars but I'm just not liking the grey bits on it (makes it look a bit boring to me), it's usually gloss black and with a chrome frame on the S Line Audis isn't it? Which I think looks better.

I'll tell you Friday after I've been in to ask exactly this question

Reactions: SJR88
I normally agree as I hate chrome however the grille actually looks good on the B9.
I'm having the black grille fitted to mine when it becomes available as I ordered my car with the black optics kit, only to have it removed by the factory.
I'm going to get my chrome window surrounds wrapped in gloss black.

Reactions: SJR88
I normally agree as I hate chrome however the grille actually looks good on the B9.
I'm having the black grille fitted to mine when it becomes available as I ordered my car with the black optics kit, only to have it removed by the factory.
I'm going to get my chrome window surrounds wrapped in gloss black.
Where are you getting your grille from? Any idea what it would cost?

What's the deal with the Extended Black Pack?

On the configurator it's the same price as just the 19" V Spoke wheels, but includes the same wheels, swaps the grey/chrome for black, gloss black wing mirrors and also includes the privacy rear windows and acoustic side windows?

I would have thought the gloss back would get scratched and develop swirls in pretty short time?

On the configurator it's the same price as just the 19" V Spoke wheels, but includes the same wheels, swaps the grey/chrome for black, gloss black wing mirrors and also includes the privacy rear windows and acoustic side windows?

I would have thought the gloss back would get scratched and develop swirls in pretty short time?

It's seems to be a good deal if it includes all that kit! I have a white B9 A4 and would have opted for black exterior trim if it was available when I ordered. I part exchanged a white B8 A4 black edition (never had scratch/swirl probs) so did want it again... but I'm quite happy with the chrome now!

Be interesting to know how much it would cost to change it tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just seen that deal! Seems really good value but it's not the acoustic glass just privacy glass.

The privacy glass previously came with the acoustic glass but there seems to be two different privacy glass options now.

There's no details unfortunately on the configurator website however the brochure and the Audi iOS app says:

"Privacy glass and front acoustic glazing (side and rear windows). Dark-tinted rear and rear-side windows (from B-pillar backwards) and front side windows in acoustic glass for better insulation from exterior noise."

Not sure if I like that black grill or not, annoying I can't find any real photos of it!

Perhaps it's just I'm not entirely sold on Glacier white, the Daytona Grey with it looks sparse...

Screen Shot 2016 11 10 at 234805
Screen Shot 2016 11 10 at 234821

If that is the case it's a VERY good deal!
Yeah it would be good if there was an RS4 type aftermarket grille available like for the B8.

Sorry SJR, I had a chat with the sales guy and I'm trying to get him to retro fit the grill like Scottish as I waited months for the black pack to become available.
He had previously offered to fit the grill when it was available to order so he's going to check and get back to me - I'm hopeful this will be at their cost so didn't want to push him on price just yet

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
It's 1am and I'm sat here trying to decide between Glacier White and Daytona Grey and if the Daytona looks ok with the Extended Black Style Pack! The Configurator makes the Daytona look not quite right, but photos of the A3 with Daytona and Black Style Pack look pretty good.

Then I start thinking do I even like the black grill? I kind of like the chrome, but the free privacy/acoustic glass is a tempting offer...

Going in tomorrow to order so could do with making up my mind! :grimacing:

@Pork Ah ok I see what you mean, I hope they do it at their cost for you anyway. If you happen to get an idea of a cost please keep us updated tho! I could contact my dealer but they've been quite useless with everything else.

@PR. Ive seen a few Glacier White A4s and it looks really good in this colour. In my opinion I think Daytona looks really boring with this grey and chrome grille they're using - even a standard A3 Daytona S Line grille sets off the colour better as it has a black gloss centre. I think the black pack really makes it with Daytona tho, and as you've said it's a really good deal with the acoustic privacy glass. I personally think Daytona suits the black pack more than Glacier White does.

I'd go for Daytona and black pack, it just looks more aggressive and sporty. I hope this helps.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
:iagree:

Daytona and black styling pack = winner.

I did!

Signed on the dotted line yesterday. Now the long wait begins...

I did!

Signed on the dotted line yesterday. Now the long wait begins...
You've made a good choice but I'm a little bit jealous of your black styling pack haha. I'm just waiting on a quote to get my grille sprayed Hope it's not too expensive.

Does anyone know if there is any talk of a BE A4 being released yet? I know the B9 is only a year old now.

Does anyone know if there is any talk of a BE A4 being released yet? I know the B9 is only a year old now.
According to Audi there isn't going to be hence the black pack. None of the other newer models have been offered with it either.