Greenlight - wake up and smell the potential business

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Another bad experience with Greenlight. I wonder why I bother.

Cancelled a policy with them last year as was looking to sell the car. I then didn't and quickly got the car recovered under Admiral with my father's multicar policy, having cost me £25 and £300 out of my account for the 6 weeks (and many phone calls) it took for Greenlight to return the money due to "months end".

Coming around for renewal, just called to find some quotes at the various companies - Greenlight first on the list; "We won't go through a quote with you as you cancelled a policy and then took out a policy with someone else".

Talk about a bitter organisation! Barry, if you're reading this, Admiral spent two hours on the phone with my father, on Friday, trying to find the best possible quote for him/us. If that's your attitude towards potential new business i.e. having to work for it, you'll not be around much longer. And being well aware I'm on three car forums, that's pretty short sighted.

Very poor.

How do they know you took out a policy with someone else?

And quite surprising they would blacklist you like that?! Business is business, they should quote come renewal time.

I did insure my S3 with them for one year when they gave me an unbeatable quote, but have got nowhere near since.

How do they know you took out a policy with someone else?

And quite surprising they would blacklist you like that?! Business is business, they should quote come renewal time.

I did insure my S3 with them for one year when they gave me an unbeatable quote, but have got nowhere near since.

Still got the car and he asked if it was a renewal, to which I replied yes as I'm looking for other quotes.

Really poor. They'll be out of business with an attitude like that!

Still got the car and he asked if it was a renewal, to which I replied yes as I'm looking for other quotes.

Really poor. They'll be out of business with an attitude like that!

I tell all insurance companies I'm getting a quote from that I'm shopping around, I even tell them my best quote, so they can actually try and beat it, instead of wasting both of our time! Never had an issue.

I tell all insurance companies I'm getting a quote from that I'm shopping around, I even tell them my best quote, so they can actually try and beat it, instead of wasting both of our time! Never had an issue.

I did, but they all ask now as well. Brentacre were superb and came back with a high quote but an overview of the market which gave me confidence the current provider isn't ripping me off.

Yet to try Chris Knott however!

I did, but they all ask now as well. Brentacre were superb and came back with a high quote but an overview of the market which gave me confidence the current provider isn't ripping me off.

Yet to try Chris Knott however!

I always have time to give Brentacre up for a quote, very knowledgeable for sure, but they were always around £100 away from my best quote, but I'm shopping for the BEST quote! Though I must point out their policies allow for unlimited engine mods, so long as the engine stays the same capacity, so very beneficial for car modifiers, just not me.

Every company I've tried each year have changed my thoughts completely.

All depends who you get on the phone in my opinion.

One year, i can remember green light being awful, then the next being awesome ( i took a policy out that year)

Same with Brentacre & Adrian Flux.

I had a similar experience with Sky a few years back. And there external finance company were a bunch of fools too.

Good luck with Admiral, had many a dealing with them and always been a headache. I would rather take a poo into my hands and clap than let them insure my kitchen toaster never mind one of my cars.

Reactions: jojo
I've been with greenlight for 5 years now and never had a bad experience... They go above and beyond with my quotes and always come back cheapest... In fact, this is one of very few complaints I've ever seen about them.

I had a similar experience with Sky a few years back. And there external finance company were a bunch of fools too.

If you have specific feedback that you would like us to look into, please PM this over along with your details.

Thank you

Cancelled a policy with them last year as was looking to sell the car. I then didn't and quickly got the car recovered under Admiral with my father's multicar policy, having cost me £25 and £300 out of my account for the 6 weeks (and many phone calls) it took for Greenlight to return the money due to "months end".

If you called them to cancel the police under your instruction then I can't see why they don't want to take your business tbh!

Unless they enforced the cancellation of your policy that sounds all very bizzare.

I'm in the same boat as JoJo.....went with Greenlight for 1 year but they haven't come up with the best policy/premium for any other year