Q2 Green (P) symbol when stopped

rosetea

Reaction score
Hi all

I've had an Audi Q2 for almost 4 months now and done around 5k miles in that time. This morning whilst driving I noticed whenever I stopped with the clutch down and footbrake applied, the parking brake symbol appeared but in green rather than the red that appears when I put the handbrake on. I've never seen this before and looking online and in the manual there is no information about what it is - my car doesn't have hill hold assist as far as I know and in any event the symbol for that is different in the manual.

Does anyone know what this means please? I recently had the seal on the fuel rail go and have to be replaced so I am hoping it's nothing else going wrong!

Auto braking, hill hold option being applied probably.

If you let go of your pedal does the braking hold still, if so then it's as stated.

Auto braking, hill hold option being applied probably.

If you let go of your pedal does the braking hold still, if so then it's as stated.
I wasn't driving on an incline or a decline though and I have never seen this before, I was just driving a normal route to work on relatively flat terrain. As mentioned in the post I don't think my car has hill hold and the symbol for it in the manual is a little car on a sloped line, not the green P. There is no reference to the green P in the manual at all!

My only thought is they did something to it when it went to Audi for the broken seal. Perhaps updated internal software or something!

There is auto braking, must be related, test it as advised.

Green p is the hill hold assist. When it’s on, even on a flat surface and you brake, it applies the handbrake so you can release the brake. Maybe they’ve activated it permanently in the background by mistake and you don’t have the switch to turn it on and off…?

With Hill Hold - you have a second switch immediately behind the parking brake - it can only be activated when the driver's seat is occupied, and the seat belt is in use.

Unlike the parking brake that uses an actuator to apply the brakes on the rear wheels, Hill Hold uses ABS pump pressure to apply the brakes - throttle pedal movement releases the pump pressure and the car moves.