Great Key Cutting/Programming Service

ruairi83

Reaction score
HI Folks,

I have an A3 TDI 1997. I have the standard HAA key with no remote lock button but have my own personal alarm with remote looking.

My car wouldnt read my key immobilisher last week and i couldnt get car started as it wouldnt take signal from key chip.

Phoned Audi and they priced me at £110 for key and £100 to program it. £210 Total.

Got in contact with a local Key Cutter.

He took my key and got the code off it, cut me another HAA key and poped the chip inside key and hey presto everything working fine.

All for the price of £35 and ive since went back and got another spare so that I have three key.

I am based in northern ireland and if anyone here would like spare key just give me a message and we can arrange to get the cut and posted back.

he said he would deals for group buys. He is getting website made up at the minute so onces its up il pop details up here.

Just thought Id put this up incase anyone might need it and was just about to bite the bullet and pay the £210 for new key.

Cheers
Ruairi

Urm thats a tad dodgy tbh fella, cloning your key, certainly wouldnt be sending mine away to someone I have no idea of & then he copies & sends them back, it does open up all kinds of security issues there cause he could easily cut/code any number of them for his use, not I'm questioning his sincerity but honestly you read it as I have, can be a sure fire way of losing your car, I also raise questions about how he did it as normally you have to code all keys to the car at same time, not clone existing as they all have there own identification to the car, I would be inclined to see with VCDS if the keys are identified as only key 1 at all times, as VCDS can advise the key 1, 2 or 3 inserted & the state of it interms of can it start etc.

they fella aint doggey mate. I was there when he did it with the machine.

Im very happy with it lad and was just offering service but if people aint interested then Thats no problem.

Cheers for comment.

they fella aint doggey mate. I was there when he did it with the machine.

Im very happy with it lad and was just offering service but if people aint interested then Thats no problem.

Cheers for comment.

I never said he was doggey, I just questioned the security factor of his methods, thats all, good for you he saved you that much money, but I think you'd agree saving £400 in comparison to someone driving of with your car, well I'll let you answer that one & to add I havnt said he would do this, just highlighting what could be done using this postage method, just to warn of possible issues thats all fella.