GPF REVO Stage 1

How so on the gear changes? I had a tuning box and TCU flash done on my B9 S4 and the gear changes were way too aggressive for my liking, felt like something would break eventually!

I agree that a gearbox map would help as the box is a bit slow/hesitant sometimes, TVS seems to offer a good option on this I hear.

Great write up @Ricko0073 just the write up I was looking for. Can I ask, have you looked at any other mods on top of your stage 1? Intercooler or discs?

My local dealer has TVS and Revo and I was considering both... my only problem is that we can only get 95 ron petrol here in Ireland and not being to up on this subject, this was why I asked about any other upgrades. You may have forced my wallet ;)

Reactions: Riko0073
Great write up @Ricko0073 just the write up I was looking for. Can I ask, have you looked at any other mods on top of your stage 1? Intercooler or discs?

My local dealer has TVS and Revo and I was considering both... my only problem is that we can only get 95 ron petrol here in Ireland and not being to up on this subject, this was why I asked about any other upgrades. You may have forced my wallet ;)
Hey @illingworth22 thanks, still really pleased with it.

Only other mod is BMC panel filter, not currently planning on anything else other than the TVS gearing map at some stage once we’re through lock down!

Let us know how you get on, the tune is still very new for the OPF model and REVO may be ‘tweeking’ it once things get back to normal so worth checking with your local REVO dealer or REVO head office for the latest.

I take it OPF is the newest version, WTLP, mine is a 2018 Face Lift but pre OPF, I assume.
I was thinking of going down the APR route and getting the APR DSG map and a second map for 98 RON (we only get 95 here in the Republic of Ireland). But I am not too fussed, like yourself, about switching and changing.... I just want a little bit more. The other option is REVO and TVS.
Did you consider APR at all?

I take it OPF is the newest version, WTLP, mine is a 2018 Face Lift but pre OPF, I assume.
I was thinking of going down the APR route and getting the APR DSG map and a second map for 98 RON (we only get 95 here in the Republic of Ireland). But I am not too fussed, like yourself, about switching and changing.... I just want a little bit more. The other option is REVO and TVS.
Did you consider APR at all?
Ah yes mate, different engines really so will be a different tune, might be others that can comment on the REVO tune pre-OPF but from what I understand REVO tunes offer good performance and smooth delivery.

Like you I’m new to this and read some tunes were quite aggressive which I didn’t want, nice OEM+ feel which is what I’ve got and liked what REVO claimed on the new DNWA engine.

Good luck with whatever route you take.

Thanks for the feedback re revo map, I can appreciate their approach with a more oe+ driveability map

with my dwna arriving in a couple months, I’ve ordered a bcs dp to sort the noise back to how my og PFL sounded (plus forge cooler and intake parts)

going to need a tune to bypass the opf sensors

I know mrc, revo and apr definitely have canned opf maps, but I’m leaning towards tvs atm as I really like that I can flash their ecu and tcu tunes myself with their flash tool - I had an apr tune on my 8v s3 back in the day and hated being locked into that physical dealer network to flash back to stock or update tcu/ecu maps. Unless you’re tuning a custom map on dyno, there should be no reason you have to visit a shop to obd flash a canned map off a laptop in 2020

Hopefully within next couple months we see more dwna owners tuning their cars for more feedback across the various tuners’ maps....and eventually get to daza status with e85 maps

Edit this is a good vid re revo’s map

Last edited:
Edit this is a good vid re revo’s map

That is a great video, just wanted to add that the Revo map has been updated since Reinhard made that video. The map Riko0073 has on his car is the revised map.

Reactions: domino_z and Riko0073
That is a great video, just wanted to add that the Revo map has been updated since Reinhard made that video. The map Riko0073 has on his car is the revised map.

So that power dip he had in midrange has been rectified?

Or is that a flow issue with the opf, as the stock tune has same dip, but less pronounced

Are revo now onto working on stage 2 map without the opf?

Oh also, with the serial port, can updated map versions be flashed onto the serial port than user loaded onto the car, or does a map revision mean another trip to revo dealer

Last edited:
The power dip does look a lot worse on the Insoric system than when measured on a dyno. It is rectified in the latest tune which is the released tune and is what is on peoples cars. The dip does seem to be caused by a combination of intake flow, intercooler limits and the GPF.

No plans for removing the GPF, it seems pretty good numbers can be seen whilst still retaining the GPF. Next step is likely to be our new turbo elbow, hardpipe and airbox coupled with our new intercooler. That should all add up to a very nice performance package.

SPS is used to switch between maps that are already flashed to the ECU. So any updates would need a dealer flash.

Reactions: domino_z
We don’t require the gpf in our market or yearly mot to check for it

I have a catted bcs dp so if the revo tune can disable the opf sensors I’ll go get it done at my local dealer

We don’t require the gpf in our market or yearly mot to check for it

I have a catted bcs dp so if the revo tune can disable the opf sensors I’ll go get it done at my local dealer

At the moment we don't offer anything for removing the GPF and/or disabling the sensors.

Maybe by time my car arrives in July, otherwise I’ll have to choose another platform to do my build through the various stages

Does the revo tune code back in the dsg upshift crackle like the PFL

Cheers, that’s really interesting

I wonder what difference is then bw over run burble and upshift,

appreciate the info but looks like I’ll stick with plan to remove the opf to get the car setup how I prefer

Last edited:
Big difference in airflow between overrun and upshift

Hey guys

So a bit earlier than I was planning I’ve gone ahead and had the REVO stage 1 done on my 2019 GPF RS3.

After reading some feedback from @Dan_DJT who’s been developing this on REVO’s test car, running his own pre GPF car with some good comparisons between the two and the fact REVO don’t look to chase big numbers but making the car usable with a smooth power delivery I knew I had to go for it!

What can I say, the car pulls harder especially around 3,000rpm+ but the delivery is so smooth you don’t realise the speeds you’re hitting, it’s just like the car was like this out of the factory but with a big whallop of extra torque, exactly what I was after.

I’m not bothered about the numbers but Dan advises around +60bhp and +110nm which is plenty for me.

Now...I’ve been quite vocal about the pre GPF noise and that I was actually drawn to the GPF car as it was slightly muted without pops and bangs which I preferred, however the REVO tune adds back in the pops/bangs/burbles but these are quite easily controlled by throttle input and gear changes that I can drive pretty quick without much interference from these...BUT with some sharp throttle input or gear changes then there’s pops and bangs a plenty, SO....I have to eat my words and say what a ****** hoot, talk about feeling like a naughty teenager with an ASBO, with the valve controller and the tune the car to me is now a perfect blend of noise and performance!

So glad I went for it, yes there’s always the worry of warranty but you’ve got to enjoy these cars and it’s given the GPF car that extra oomph it deserves.

If you’re thinking about tuning your GPF car then I’d highly recommend the REVO stage 1, please let me know if you have any questions and sure Dan will be on hand to answer any technical question :icon thumright:

Quick question Riko if you don’t mind... I’m thinking of going stage one with Revo on mine, on the website it states SPS modes stock and 3 performance which indicates you can switch between stock and performance maps yourself, do you have this and if so how does it work?
a63fba17939c6a0e807f8f308d282f26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question Riko if you don’t mind... I’m thinking of going stage one with Revo on mine, on the website it states SPS modes stock and 3 performance which indicates you can switch between stock and performance maps yourself, do you have this and if so how does it work?
a63fba17939c6a0e807f8f308d282f26.jpg

Hi mate

No I just have the map suited to 99ron fuel.

I did get the map at a heavily discounted rate as I was one of the first to run it and provided feedback before going live to the public.

Reactions: Russrs3
Hi mate

No I just have the map suited to 99ron fuel.

I did get the map at a heavily discounted rate as I was one of the first to run it and provided feedback before going live to the public.

Okay cheers, I’ll speak to my local revo dealer and see what they have to say about it and what the extra costs may be

Riko sir.... I feel it is your duty as the only apparent member to run software on an OPF car to post some videos showing the sound. I’m pretty sure everyone has seen the beta test video a million times and probably like me itching to pull the trigger but not happy with 3 revs in a garage and then a couple of distant drive bys with awful music playing over the top of the video!!!

Come on and post some vids showing off the noise in real life!

:tearsofjoy:

Riko sir.... I feel it is your duty as the only apparent member to run software on an OPF car to post some videos showing the sound. I’m pretty sure everyone has seen the beta test video a million times and probably like me itching to pull the trigger but not happy with 3 revs in a garage and then a couple of distant drive bys with awful music playing over the top of the video!!!

Yes mate I will get round to it soon :icon thumright:

Easy to do a stationary sound clip, I’ll try do that this weekend and see if I can get out and do some drive by clips.

Reactions: RS03???

Haha poor Riko getting hounded for clips now :laughing:

Haha poor Riko getting hounded for clips now :laughing:
Haha, it’s all good and yeah I really need to share some sound clips as if you’re going that route I can assure you the sound is excellent with the map and the added burbles and pops :redface new:

If I could upload videos on here then I have an insane video right behind the exhausts of my pre OPF on the rolling road at full chat as the valves open. Nearly knocked me over!

Hey guys

So a bit earlier than I was planning I’ve gone ahead and had the REVO stage 1 done on my 2019 GPF RS3.

After reading some feedback from @Dan_DJT who’s been developing this on REVO’s test car, running his own pre GPF car with some good comparisons between the two and the fact REVO don’t look to chase big numbers but making the car usable with a smooth power delivery I knew I had to go for it!

What can I say, the car pulls harder especially around 3,000rpm+ but the delivery is so smooth you don’t realise the speeds you’re hitting, it’s just like the car was like this out of the factory but with a big whallop of extra torque, exactly what I was after.

I’m not bothered about the numbers but Dan advises around +60bhp and +110nm which is plenty for me.

Now...I’ve been quite vocal about the pre GPF noise and that I was actually drawn to the GPF car as it was slightly muted without pops and bangs which I preferred, however the REVO tune adds back in the pops/bangs/burbles but these are quite easily controlled by throttle input and gear changes that I can drive pretty quick without much interference from these...BUT with some sharp throttle input or gear changes then there’s pops and bangs a plenty, SO....I have to eat my words and say what a ****** hoot, talk about feeling like a naughty teenager with an ASBO, with the valve controller and the tune the car to me is now a perfect blend of noise and performance!

So glad I went for it, yes there’s always the worry of warranty but you’ve got to enjoy these cars and it’s given the GPF car that extra oomph it deserves.

If you’re thinking about tuning your GPF car then I’d highly recommend the REVO stage 1, please let me know if you have any questions and sure Dan will be on hand to answer any technical question :icon thumright:
With such an endorsement I'm taking my 2019 GPF next Saturday for Revo stage 1 to Riverside Racing.

Reactions: Riko0073 and Dan_DJT
With such an endorsement I'm taking my 2019 GPF next Saturday for Revo stage 1 to Riverside Racing.
Thats great to hear, I hope you like the Stg1, wont be long until Stg2

Reactions: Deano100 and Riko0073
You wont regret it - got my Revo Stage 1 (GPF) end of last year (in the sale) - nice progressive power increase and really noticeable sound benefits. The pops and burbles are a hoot and seem to go on forever...

Reactions: Deano100, Riko0073 and Dan_DJT
All dynos vary, especially at aftermarket tuner level, they can only be relied upon for comparison which shows the gains. So we are +60bhp and +117Nm which is good for a stg1 remap.

DAZA numbers are on the website.
Dan what would the gains be on your Stage 2 tune ?

[mention]Dan_DJT [/mention] have Revo managed to get their hands on the new RS3 yet?

Hey guys

I had my RS3 GPF mapped on Saturday. I wish I'd had it done before now to be honest. It's now so much more responsive, doesn't change gears around as much, has no lag and the torque is brilliant. Plus the pops and cracks in sport mode make me smile!

Reactions: Dan_DJT
Hey guys

Hi @riko
Hey guys

Hi Riko0073 Hi Riko, I would like to know how your car is doing with the revo stage 1 up to now....is everything working fine? problems? thanks :)

No, not yet.

hi mate not sure how to contact you privately, but I’ve just bought a GPF RS3 without knowing GPF was a thing, and i really hate that it does not pop or crackle, so i am looking to get the revo stage 1 remap just for the pops and crackles.

but one thing i really like is the PFL when it upshift crackles, whats the cheapest mod to make that happen on MY2019 version?

thanks

hi mate not sure how to contact you privately, but I’ve just bought a GPF RS3 without knowing GPF was a thing, and i really hate that it does not pop or crackle, so i am looking to get the revo stage 1 remap just for the pops and crackles.

but one thing i really like is the PFL when it upshift crackles, whats the cheapest mod to make that happen on MY2019 version?

thanks
Hi. I tried a few different things when I did the stg1 and stg2 on the DNWA and its very hard to get the upshift crackles without giving v harsh gearchanges. So in the end I decided to leave upshifts as stock, I always favor good drivability over crackles etc.

Reactions: flybynite and 8YARWY