Government Petition to scrap retrospective car tax based on emissions - SIGN UP!!

john_cook

I was the STIG.
Reaction score
Here is the link...

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/UNFAIR-VED/

This is what its about..

Announced in the budget on 12/3/08 were increases in Vehicle Excise Duty (road tax). These announcements made scant reference to the fact that they were RETROSPECTIVE and affect all cars dating back to 2001.

Owning an older car and keeping it running is FAR more environmentally friendly than scrapping it and manufacturing a new one, no matter how much more efficient then new car is. The manufacturing process creates huge amounts of CO2.

Owners of older cars do not have choice - potential purchasers of new cars do.

This will seriously damage the second hand car market and the leisure industry.

Cancel the retrospective taxation NOW

Sign up and tell your mates/family to do so. At least its doing something rather than us all being ****** off about it and doing nothing. It might make a difference, who knows

cooky

I cant get on the website just now but shall fill it in later

although ive done a few of these forms and about a year later we normally get

thanks, but you shouldnt have wasted your time cos we're gonna do what we want anyway.

I can see there being serious civil problems in this country in the not too distant future, govermental policy is one step away from a dictatorship

ha in youir dreams will this do any good. Sorry but although I agree with some of you comments, owners of older cars do have a choice the same as newer ones! If you buy a range rover 12.8 turbo charged nature destroyer, you deserve to pay more - shed loads more! Same as porchase cayenne owners and the likes!

I dont mind cos my diesel is only £70 for 6 months!!!

but its not based on those fing great big cars, the problem is it hits loads of family cars but the goverment didn`t want to anounce that did they.

oh this si a 4x4 tax ...... like hell it is

not signing it
old car owners have a choice just like a new car owners