goubo stroker gt35 build nears completion

Don't be so vulgar. We don't ask such rude questions here.
How is that rude? What because you have an Audi its now classed at rude to as how much?
Tbh I didn't know the Audi lot was like this and thanks for filling me in on this and I'll be out now....I'll stick to the seat lot who have a bit more about them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How is that rude? What because you have an Audi its now classed at rude to as how much?
Tbh I didn't know the Audi lot was like this and thanks for filling me in on this and I'll be out now....I'll stick to the seat lot who have a bit more about them.

Just a bit of banter mate chill out...it’s cost a fair bit of money over a period of time but for the money I’ve paid and the smiles it has gave me it’s been money well spent...had problems along the way but to be expected at this level of tune and driving it daily

Reactions: andrew_wright

1. Perhaps a smattering of these might help. :playful: :welcoming: :friendly wink: :wink new: :glee: :stung: :highly amused: :surprise: Your internet sarcasm detector must be broken, if not perhaps your sense of humour.
2. I drive a Leon :whistle2:

Just a bit of banter mate chill out...it’s cost a fair bit of money over a period of time but for the money I’ve paid and the smiles it has gave me it’s been money well spent...had problems along the way but to be expected at this level of tune and driving it daily
Overall cost I guess is priceless, especially a daily! I'll bet she worth every Penny at 6/7k, can't image that grin you must have. Quality build mate. Tbh I only really posted to mark/follow the thread.

1. Perhaps a smattering of these might help. :playful: :welcoming: :friendly wink: :wink new: :glee: :stung: :highly amused: :surprise: Your internet sarcasm detector must be broken, if not perhaps your sense of humour.
2. I drive a Leon :whistle2:
Yes, I'm a bit of a **** sometimes. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Reactions: Rainbird and Prawn
Overall cost I guess is priceless, especially a daily! I'll bet she worth every Penny at 6/7k, can't image that grin you must have. Quality build mate. Tbh I only really posted to mark/follow the thread.

Sadly I think 6-7k is a fair way off what a 600bhp build would cost!

Reactions: Goubo1
Unless you miss a gear lolol... (but we don't talk about that)

<tuffty/>
Yes, that would drop a smile in less than a second. I wanna ask but I guess its to painful to talk about.

Don't be so vulgar. We don't ask such rude questions here.

I have been making sure to save every receipt and invoice, so I can hide them all throughout the garage and noone will ever be able to work out the answer to that question...

Reactions: andrew_wright, S3 Hilife and Rainbird
Well no updates in a while but........

Before Xmas I picked the car up from badger5 to drive it home and run it in....when I picked it up was greeted with the biggest air filter I’ve seen lol

9935589de7507212fb3e1e8bedf04c87.jpg

Ran it in over Xmas and got it back down to bills after new year for final mapping and few other little odds and ends added new fuel pumps etc...I went down yesterday to pick the car up and got my hpa Haldex controller fitted too nice gadget that

4fc9053c1469557d0faafcb6fd47aa25.jpg

Comparison to my before map 1 (top map) to my now map 2 (most power) and map3 (most aggressive torque)

As you can see from the way the car was few years back to how it is now is just night and day getting that torque so much sooner is crazy.it was fast before but now on the road it’s absolutely mighty proper proper fast and that was only on lowest boost map1 that’s around 480bhp.. yet to try map 2 and 3

9cc4f721561cd00762c14675c81e1f8a.jpg

The car in its most common place shell garage getting v powers to turn to horsepower’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty_24, Sam_, tomjol and 5 others
Well no updates in a while but........

Before Xmas I picked the car up from badger5 to drive it home and run it in....when I picked it up was greeted with the biggest air filter I’ve seen lol

9935589de7507212fb3e1e8bedf04c87.jpg

Ran it in over Xmas and got it back down to bills after new year for final mapping and few other little odds and ends added new fuel pumps etc...I went down yesterday to pick the car up and got my hpa Haldex controller fitted too nice gadget that

4fc9053c1469557d0faafcb6fd47aa25.jpg

Comparison to my before map 1 (top map) to my now map 2 (most power) and map3 (most aggressive torque)

As you can see from the way the car was few years back to how it is now is just night and day getting that torque so much sooner is crazy.it was fast before but now on the road it’s absolutely mighty proper proper fast and that was only on lowest boost map1 that’s around 480bhp.. yet to try map 2 and 3

9cc4f721561cd00762c14675c81e1f8a.jpg

The car in its most common place shell garage getting v powers to turn to horsepower’s

That torque is CRAZY, love it

this is amazing, have you done the shaft brace change already, I think I saw it on Andrew's thread.

I'm surprised Grand Tour / Top Gear haven't done a special on extreme 1.8T modifications - the closest they got to that was with the Army blowing up the confiscated drug dealer's car. There must be 5 or 6 ~600 BHP stroker builds now.

this is amazing, have you done the shaft brace change already, I think I saw it on Andrew's thread.

I'm surprised Grand Tour / Top Gear haven't done a special on extreme 1.8T modifications - the closest they got to that was with the Army blowing up the confiscated drug dealer's car. There must be 5 or 6 ~600 BHP stroker builds now.

I’ve had the box strengthened by Martin at gas n gears had pretty much all that can be strengthened but at this level it’s puahing the limits

I’ve had the box strengthened by Martin at gas n gears had pretty much all that can be strengthened but at this level it’s puahing the limits
Pity there is nothing available to strengthen the transfer box :/

<tuffty/>

indeed.... and we've built most of them

Reactions: Goubo1, Stuart B and S3 Hilife
Jesus mate that must shift ! Happy days another supercar killer created in a workshop in Stonehouse ;)

It was fast before but now it just feels so much better in the road a much better power band now....badger5 has created a few supercar killers

Reactions: scotty_24
There should be one more in a few weeks time :racer:

Looking forward to seeing the results dude...been following your thread and insta for a while now

When the car was down at bills I got a knock link g4 fitted
a57a240b21ab6589e6cd546443a74aac.jpg

I’m running a small Samsung tablet with the torque app via Bluetooth for keeping eye on few things..I also have a usb cable so I have the option to use my windows tablet and the emerald software if I wanted too

14a920cb11c0c7c0f2ed5413eaaea10f.jpg

I managed to fit my 8p gearknob yesterday and get rid of my original but tired one

2c96ee064ce2bb3b15cf5e82f3fd0792.jpg

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Hi have you looked at the Custom PIDs for Android Torque I have literally just found the menu item, they have an option to add "Emerald M3D ECU" as a pre-defined list dont know if those are of any use?

Hi have you looked at the Custom PIDs for Android Torque I have literally just found the menu item, they have an option to add "Emerald M3D ECU" as a pre-defined list dont know if those are of any use?
No I haven’t mate...I don’t even know what a pid is lol care to shed any light ??...

the PID are the different ECU devices - the Developer has programmed in hundreds of them from different manufacturers but the normal ones are the generic codes eg turbo boost, air intake, battery voltage. whilst looking for oil pressure on the web I happened upon the option.

it's menu->settings->manage extra PIDs and the pre-defined list shows Emerald, or Ford or GM (no Audi though) - I dont know what else it might offer? I haven't tried as I rarely use mine but it is setup for what I want to see at a glimpse, just wish I could mirror it onto my kenwood double din head unit :(

very cool use of the tablet Rob!

I have the OBD breakout lead and an EML bluetooth sender, I just hanv't got round to hooking it up yet!

DO you need the full paid version of the torque app for it to be any use>?

very cool use of the tablet Rob!

I have the OBD breakout lead and an EML bluetooth sender, I just hanv't got round to hooking it up yet!

DO you need the full paid version of the torque app for it to be any use>?

Yeah it works well nick...one of they volport magnetic things holds it there perfect

Well I paid something like £3 quid for the app I don’t know if there is a option for a more extensive one but so far it’s been great

If you buy the pro version you can install plug-ins or even wrote your own of you are so inclined and know native Android.

I installed the knock plug in and the track recorder plugin is probably the best one.

Screenshot 20180404 145458

https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Plugins

What's track recorder Stuart? just data logging for whilst on track?

Looks very good. My free version (torque Lite) doesn't have Emerald in the PID options list. I'll get the full version when I hook up my OBD cable.

Rob: which samsung tablet is that? it looks a sensible size.