Got the new car A6 Sportline 3.0 TDi Quattro Avant. Few little issues to solv

rich dj

2015 A4 Avant 2.0TDI SE Quattro 190 Technik
Reaction score
Headlights seem to high and one higher than the other but its the self adjusting Bi xenon and rather than dive in i thought i would ask advise.
Also annoying rattle from the glove box area when going over bumps (sline suspension and 19" rims don,t help) could be the catch anyone else had this problem?
Still minor points but love the car, 3 and half hours driving yesterday :)
Going to put in some BG244 this morning as more than likely needs it at 95000 miles and then later on an EGR valve and inlet clean as per B5NUT's post (well worth a look great write up with pictures http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a6-s6-...6-3-0tdi-avant-bit-rebuild-repair-thread.html )

Also looks like Bluetooth upgrade and maybe dab and def video input so i can run my apple tv in the car again

Photo1

Reactions: quattrojames and Sandra
Nice looking motor, looks like mine but a dam sight cleaner... Have you had the car scanned as it could be a fault with the auto leveling system, which is causing one the the light to be to high. Could be some cables ratting around behind the glovebox, as some could have fitted aftermarket device and not done a very good job in cleaning up after themselves.

I've got a genuine Audi BT kit for sale from my A6 and would fit straight in including all the harness, microphones etc, and can give advice on fitting if need. PM me if interested

Nice car Rich. I hope you get all the little niggles sorted out so you can concentrate on enjoying it. :) x

Just took a mate for a ride and found the whole glove box was loose both lower bolts and centre top so off to find some bumpy roads shortly also found 2 adjusters on the headlamp body the same as my old C5 for up and down and left and right so i assume these are the final adjustments and the auto levelling does the rest. need to wait for darkness now.
also found the rear 1/4 windows have aerials in both sides and the rear screen looks like it has them with the rear windscreen heater. I didn't think these were on as standard (also has roof aerial is this just for sat nav?) maybe as its just had the rear amp replaced due to the washer pipe issue they left out the dab? bluetooth? a guess as this car is really loaded with extras.
Thanks will do B5NUT.

I would take out the glove box and have a look behind make sure there are no hidden nasty's. There are Aerial wires are in both rear 1/4 screens passanger/drivers side is for TV and FM and the drivers side has an extra wire for DAB (This standard setup). but the rear 1/4 are not heated. The sharkfin on the roof is for navigation & BT if fitted. Everything was an option extra for Audi! my A6 was NAV only so added the BT myself.

Nice and quiet now. Will strip of the glove box out in the week and tweak the lights.

I would recommend retrofitting the DAB radio, its just as good as the AMI I fitted.

with the Avant its an easy install to do and theres some good instructions available on the net.

It probably cost me about £200 all in, including new fibre, power, fakra and digital amp

let me know if you need any info

Simon

Cheers Simon.
Having a bit of a cash crisis at the moment so on hold.

Update headlights adjusted down its the lower white hex screw for up and down not the top one.
Turned on the ignition and dipped lights went down and came up in the same new position so will try that out tomorrow.
I spoke to my mechanic and he said it was fine to adjust these manual screws as he couldn't plug my car in for at least 2 weeks to see if there were any fault codes.
I need to get the family to sit on the boot all at once and look at the lights to see if they move (oldskool) :)
Off topic but also got 40mpg average consumption today... until I gave it a blast.

Oh you ******! I was looking at this one, had got extra pictures sent to me and an hour later an email saying the car had been sold.
Still on the hunt :(

Very nice looking car, hope you enjoy it

Sorry mate. I been looking for a while too. He said a guy asked for some pictures while I was there. I thought it was sales BS. They seem a genuine decent company.

I'm looking at one at tanyard motors in Manchester, went through BCA, but theres some slight concerns.
They had advertised the car at a different, lower, mileage. But i was certain that the mileage was higher through auction.
After eventually getting the vehicle reg and doing mileage check the real mileage was 12700 miles higher.
When questioning them on it they said they had advertised the mileage wrong

Stunning colour and stunning interior, hardly looks sat in,
And red trim on the door cards to match the outside.

Might just grow a pair and go down friday/saturday

Oh ***! I'm having no luck, you know theres a difference in mileage btw?

Little ****** off tbh, at myself! Two cars in this thread now that I've specifically looked at buying while I've taken too long to make a decision.
My main problem being theres an ok turnaround of cars down south. Nothing within my budget up here

Don't be afraid to travel for the right car. I took a round trip of 600 miles to get mine.

oh, im not afraid to travel, as long as it is the right car. I wouldn't want a 600 mile round trip and come back with nothing, distance is nothing to me being a trucker. But i don't want to waste my money travelling down somewhere for a lemon and last time i posted on here for someone to possibly look at a motor on my behalf i got no replies at all.

Fortunately someone kind from detailing world went and checked out the bodywork for me, which was spot on, but with no mechanical knowledge wasnt able to check that side.

Ive looked at a couple up here, both with some shocking paint, some rust spots and lacquer peel. £9.5k is my topline budget. Theres a few going through British car auctions which i would have thought would have been for me but the trader looking for me hasnt come up with anything, very specific that im wanting definitely xenons, and bose would be preferable, anything extra is a bonus

Update
So far the headlights seem to be fine and no warnings on the dash. Going to have a look for the sensors when i can get a peak at the service docs to check to see if the arm has fallen off.
getting fed up with burning CD's from my iTunes as the CD player wont play mp3 disks.
will have to wait till funds allow. Need to get the apple TV back in.
Apple tv A6 C5

ordered new 2014 Navi disk as it had the 2006 disk still in the DVD.

MP3 CD-Changers started around 07 I believe, your best is the AMI or Dension gateway.

Yes been looking to see what's out there.
Really need a video input for the Apple TV then an aux audio input. Either phono line level or pref tos link (standard audio optical for home use) from the Apple TV as it has my entire iTunes library on it all 18000 songs (I DJ too) plus you can play from the USB if need to. Also good for audio streaming from your phone as it has an apple airplay function too.

Best option if you want cheap video input is to get an after market module that connects directly to the MMI display and you have to switch between them. The OEM solution is a new MMI control head with FBAS connection and a TV Tuner (Could buy an old analog only model) You need the TV Tuner as this has the video inputs.

The control head with FBAS is around £200+ off ebay (Must buy an A6 module) and TV tuner are around £80+ for analog and £300+ for digital (that's excluding any wiring harness's and aerials). Nothing on the MMI system is easy or cheap.......

After market option AUDI A6, A8, Q7 2G MMI Satnav Screen Multimedia Video Interface XCARLINK SKU2391 | eBay

I saw that one it looks like it will do the job well. So I just need the aux audio input module aswell for the audio. Cheers B5nut.

So just need to save a few penny's then :)

Loaded up the boot last night and marked the wall with the headlight dip position before i loaded the car and when loaded it and started up the headlights moved to that position meaning the auto levelling is working so that tells me the headlight settings have either been reset or messed around with. still they work fine with the manual adjustment.