Got phone call for my s3 from garage not good news

TDI140

Reaction score
He fitted all the parts etc sprted it all out and its miss firing on cylinder one, the fault its throwig is maximum revs exceeded which is indicating piston is wrecked or valve is wrecked or its cracked the cylinder head, do these faults sound right ? And indicated those faults ? Im stuck on what to do as this has now become a big job not a small job

Anyone know the cost of rebuild ? And recommend anyone in midlands preferey derby ???

Thanks cars been a nightmare since i got it

Mechanic said its been starved of oil in the past so was due to go wrong said looks like valve needs replacing and piston possibly and then said he still wont know if heads been damaged or not

Anyone know the cost of rebuild ? And recommend anyone in midlands preferey derby ???

Mechanic said its been starved of oil in the past so was due to go wrong said looks like valve needs replacing and piston possibly and then said he still wont know if heads been damaged or not

Leaving aside whether or not this is what they'll find when they tear it down..

Pistons would come to around £600
Valves to at least the same if the lot need replacing,plus other parts and labour.
Head...expensive.

It may actually be cheaper to source a good used engine,or if you're really keen,have this one rebuilt properly to the sort of spec a big turbo might require.

Reactions: saq85
Exact same thing happened to my mates... In the end he replaced the engine, the cost of the rebuild was going to be too much.. Get a bare engine and transfer over all your ancillaries.. Big job but will probably work out the cheapest..

So replace engine ? Whats a BHZ engine going for these days on the old ebay or anyone know of anyone who can do engine swap over ? So gutted

Cylinder 1 damn you

So replace engine ? Whats a BHZ engine going for these days on the old ebay or anyone know of anyone who can do engine swap over ? So gutted

Cylinder 1 damn you

I'd get an estimate for the current engine first.

If it's repairable at a decent cost,you may wish to keep it or upgrade parts if you were looking for more power.

If not,there are a good number of places breaking cars for parts,some of which will warranty what they sell.

ther three cylinders are running fine just cy
I'd get an estimate for the current engine first.

If it's repairable at a decent cost,you may wish to keep it or upgrade parts if you were looking for more power.

If not,there are a good number of places breaking cars for parts,some of which will warranty what they sell.
just cylinder 1 is miss firing would the whole engine need rebuild ? Il clueless on the prices and repair costs withboth processes

Rebuild ?
Replace engine ?

Cars worth nothing without the engine lol so cant sell it unless i want to lose thousands

The thing my mechanic said is that the code it brought up is (maximum revs exceeded) as if i missed a gear but i just drove it to petrol station 1 mile away and was on way back obviously not racing frim a mile away from home it just messed up

Maybe he should put a scope down the bores and look for any damage.

Thas what i need to confirm whether its compnent rebuild or full head needs replacing, if its conpnents then ill rebuild it but if its head, rods pistons valvs rings etc then replace engine

Maybe he should put a scope down the bores and look for any damage.

Where can i source oem internals

Valves, pistons, maybe rods,

Also where should i buy forged ones if i decide the cost isnt much more this means the cars a keeper and it will be fitted with a bigger turbo at a point in its life

Also whats needed for rebuild ? Anyone write me a list

BHZ engine doesnt seem to be available from
Anywhere at the moment

Tsr performance in Bridgewater Somerset sell Wesner pistons And ZRP rods and all the other parts you need maybe Worth giving them a ring to get prices mate

Another one-stop place is Integrated Engineering in the States.

Cassidy would be the man to speak to... Integrated Engineering Sales <sales@performancebyie.com>

They can supply everything from parts to complete engines,built to your spec if required.
prices are also very reasonable.

Another one-stop place is Integrated Engineering in the States.

Cassidy would be the man to speak to... Integrated Engineering Sales <sales@performancebyie.com>

They can supply everything from parts to complete engines,built to your spec if required.
prices are also very reasonable.
I second this. I've been in contact with Cassidy and he's very very helpful

Reactions: S3Alex
Just went to see mechanic hes saying possible valve damage, hes going to strip the head etc to see whats up with it, what price am i looking for valves ? Just parts anyone know roughly ?

And also will i need to replace all 4 ? Also pistons ? Price anyone know roughly

About £600 + for aftermarket valves.
Pistons about the same.

Going to rebuild engine and keep stge 2+ hes saying the car seems as if its been downshifter from 5th to 2nd gear onviously ive not done that but hes saying the fault code its throwing up, its indicationg that as engine has been reved up like a mad car but ive not doen that so unsure whats happend

Only thing to do is strip it and see whats beneath and see whats damaged the piston or valve and then see what to repair hopefully head wont be cracked or anything just internals required

Who's map have you got on the car?
Cc tuning always used him on all my cars even my van and my dads car, apparently due to my slipping clutch car has selected wrong gear and exceeded maximum RPM which has caused damage to engine and hopefully has only damaged the valves nothing more

Thats the mechanics professional evaluation, its being stripped so im hoping its valves and then just get the head checked over and skimmed/reconditioned for peace of mine, then rebuild and before its driven new clutch and flywheel

Thats sounds exactly the same as what happened to him and he never found out the true cause.. Piston hit the valve, smashed the valve, damaged the head and the piston itself.. Was misfiring on pot 1, vcds was throwing up over revving faults.. He used to have a problem selecting 3rd sometimes and on a spirited run would go for 2nd to 1st on high revs instead of into 3rd.. Don't know if you experienced something similar?

Thats sounds exactly the same as what happened to him and he never found out the true cause.. Piston hit the valve, smashed the valve, damaged the head and the piston itself.. Was misfiring on pot 1, vcds was throwing up over revving faults.. He used to have a problem selecting 3rd sometimes and on a spirited run would go for 2nd to 1st on high revs instead of into 3rd.. Don't know if you experienced something similar?
What did he have to have fixed ? To fix the problem, pistons rods valves and recon head ? Any bottom end damage ?

Mines being stripped as we speak (sad times) driving my mums mercedes A180 CDI lol, im going to sell my air ride as its money tied up which i can spend on the repair and ill just get some coilovers and have a sensible drop on the car so its practical but looks nice too

Anyone know if a CDL engine will fit in replace of my BHZ just incase i do need a full engine and parts are going to be more expensive than engine swap ?

A place in london wuoted me £1800 fully fitted BHZ engine with 6months warranty unlimited mileage but then again is 6 months enough for a rebuilt brand new engine ?

BYD, BWJ, CDL and BHZ are the same and all fit.

Also pretty sure they did a BZC in a 8P to.

Reactions: TDI140
Got the dreaded phone call this morning and its bad news, cars fully stripped down and well

The piston has worn flat and wrecked the block said its official it needs a new engine, and said this one can not be repaired to manufacturer standard, can anyone tell me which engine to go for as BHZ ones are like looking for a needle in a hay stack, will CDL fit as its a newer engine will woring loom etc etc be the same ? Im so gutted,

Got the dreaded phone call this morning and its bad news, cars fully stripped down and well

The piston has worn flat and wrecked the block said its official it needs a new engine, and said this one can not be repaired to manufacturer standard, can anyone tell me which engine to go for as BHZ ones are like looking for a needle in a hay stack, will CDL fit as its a newer engine will woring loom etc etc be the same ? Im so gutted,

Really sorry to hear that.

Someone should be along soon to give you the info you need,but the loom etc shouldn't be a problem as all you're doing essentially is replacing the mechanicals.

Good luck sorting this mess out.

Really sorry to hear that.

Someone should be along soon to give you the info you need,but the loom etc shouldn't be a problem as all you're doing essentially is replacing the mechanicals.

Good luck sorting this mess out.
Her epic of pisont melted on the side and scored the head

Well Middle Eastern Golf R's and S3's are equipped with CDLC engines. And I can verify that 100% as I did own a 2011 Golf R and now my 2010 S3 Sportback

Reactions: sliced
Nasty.

I hate looking at stuff like that as it worries me.

Who do i contact if i need a complete rebuilt block with uprated pistons and valves complete ? This one is fried cant repair it as it will cost alot

Or does anyone know anyone who can sell me a complete block ready to fit already got a £300 bill for stripping and other pcv bits etc just spend a months pay on it i guess no point crying over it hey

Alex what can i do buddy lol ?

Who can i contact for price on complete block

Thats not pretty. Is this a common theme as there is somebody on Ebay offering an engine check and rebuild service.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-S...951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf1825b9f

Maybe worth contacting to see if they can source a block.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGE...187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf84d3513

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-A...947?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e6cf4e64b

Maybe consider tweaking the torque down on the map, when you get it all back together.

Karl.

Sorry to hear about your motor mate,

Have you emailed the few people on Ebay that have S3's breaking for an engine?