Got myself an S4

Stanningtonglen

Reaction score
Evening all well this has been a real ****** last few months, my mum had a struck, shes on the mend but keeps falling over;last time she suffered a head injury, so on my way to the hospital 3 weeks ago i had my car written off and as some you know it was perfect condition, over last 3 months i had the oil coolers replaced and the cam chain and all the over bits that go with it replaced. what ever it wanted it got.

So apart from dealing with insurance company's i have been looking for a car. By chance i stumbled across this 2005 S4 B7 in as new as new can get, full history fully loaded, cream leather and only 45.700 miles, no brainier to be honest. sounds so good, not as loud as my last one but it still makes me smile.
Will post some pics up when i can

Reactions: RS5 JON, THQuattro, Sam1989 and 3 others
Sorry to hear that chap and hope things improve soon.
Real bummer about the car as it was very nice and a great colour, look forward to seeing some pics of the new car.

good luck with it all.

rob

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
Sorry to hear your news, but happy you've managed to replace your car with one that sounds like a minter.

I looked at a couple of S4s before buying my DTM and I just couldn't make the numbers work regarding running costs and if something big went wrong. Probably made the wrong decision as I chase performance upgrades on the 2.0 that'll cost as much, if not more. At least the S4 and DTM should retain more value than the standard models!

Thanks chaps,
Seen loads but trying to find a low find a low mileage one near impossible, this one was traded in and only been in about a week, im already thinking of buying a cheep runner to use for work as its just to good to put all the miles on and everyone thinks im mad buying it, and as you say should hold there value. Booked in for a service in a couple of weeks

Sorry to hear your news, but happy you've managed to replace your car with one that sounds like a minter.

I looked at a couple of S4s before buying my DTM and I just couldn't make the numbers work regarding running costs and if something big went wrong. Probably made the wrong decision as I chase performance upgrades on the 2.0 that'll cost as much, if not more. At least the S4 and DTM should retain more value than the standard models!
I do really like the dtm’s but I could never justify spending double the amount i did for my special edition which obviously has the same bul engine, yes you get a very nice interior and bodykit but and if anything I'm disappointed in audi with this decision why they put the ko4 turbo in the edition 30 mk5 golf gti but not there dtm a4!? Wtf! surely thats worthy of a ko4 yes standard power isn't much more put thats only held back by the stock ecu mapping to sell the big models like the, s4, rs4 or the now golf r ect.

Missed opportunity i think very lovely car but for what the model represents and the price tag it carrys its not good enough for the money i think, unless you wrap it up in a heated garage for 20 years and hope it gives you back sierra cosworth money lol

Sorry to hear the news. Hope all is sorted soon. The s4 should be great distraction for a little bit! Mine decides weekly what new problem to have :tearsofjoy: can’t wait to see pictures bet it’s a cracker!

Seen these, similar style as S4 and I like the colour as well. Tyres no good 215x35 but the wheels are . 19 x 9 J
Screenshot 20190730 232107 eBay
Screenshot 20190730 232118 eBay

Ricky same thoughts here, i bet its a rough ride with them.

They are 5 x 112 9J & ET 41

do ya think they would fit ??

Ricky same thoughts here, i bet its a rough ride with them.

They are 5 x 112 9J & ET 41

do ya think they would fit ??
Yeah tell me about it! Make sure there not cracked or bent those tyres on are uk roads are not a great combination.

Yeah they will fit, mine are fine at 19x8.5 ET35 fronts are flush rear could do with a 5mm spacer ideally so them wheels being wider but higher offset wont be far off mine id thought.

Bentley wheels?? Is it 5x112 pcd??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

check the centre bore aswell unless you want to use spigot rings.
57.1 for b7 bus.

Don't think im goona bother a friend of mine said they look like Mondeo wheels, and hes right
Still got my split rim speedlines so might as well get them refurbished

two years i had these sat around doing nothing, from an S5 they got that nice deep lip as well

IMG 20170522 101123
IMG 20170522 103622

Going to have a look at these over weekend, the fronts are 18 x 8.5 rears 18 x 9 offset is 40.
Screenshot 20190808 175113 eBay

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo and Ricky Burrows
Going to have a look at these over weekend, the fronts are 18 x 8.5 rears 18 x 9 offset is 40.View attachment 188118
I almost went for a set similar to these but the rotiform ones but decided to go more track orientated wheel thewe are more of a stance look lovely wheels though.

Be interesting to see what you think to them. I’m in a dilemma between 18’s or 19’s
What you using the car for sam? If its daily id go 19’s they look in proportion to the car size and fit the arch nicely, if its track use id go 18’s there lighter and you can fit a taller tyre on for traction.

Be interesting to see what you think to them. I’m in a dilemma between 18’s or 19’s

Same I do like the look of a 19 but can't find these in that size. If I don't like they also have a 19 that a nice one, again in black and bronze.

Reactions: Sam1989
I almost went for a set similar to these but the rotiform ones but decided to go more track orientated wheel thewe are more of a stance look lovely wheels though.

What you using the car for sam? If its daily id go 19’s they look in proportion to the car size and fit the arch nicely, if its track use id go 18’s there lighter and you can fit a taller tyre on for traction.

It’s just a daily really. Got big dreams of taking it on some track days but in reality I’ll stick to forza

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Ricky Burrows
Afternoon all, went to have a look at those wheels and they stopped selling em due to issues and advised me to stay away from that brand, only problem there was the 3 I like went under the bra8.
Any ways I found these one there in a dark bronze and 19 x 9 can't remember offset but it was 40 something.
20190810 122458
20190810 122446

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Ricky Burrows
I like them! Think 19’s are the way. I’ve seen a few on 18’s and they just look a bit lost in the arch. I’ve currently got 18x9’s with a low offset and they just look a bit small. I’m going for 19x8.5 with a 33 offset. Fill the arches a bit! Those alloys above look really smart tho!!

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Ricky Burrows
Yep I know what ya mean about 18, I had spacers on my last car and that made a big difference to the look plus it was also lower.These wheels with budget tiers 850 with Goodyear asymmetric 1.330

Yep ill second i rate them wheels, I've always had a big soft spot for bronze. GET THEM :)

Afternoon all, went to have a look at those wheels and they stopped selling em due to issues and advised me to stay away from that brand, only problem there was the 3 I like went under the bra8.
Any ways I found these one there in a dark bronze and 19 x 9 can't remember offset but it was 40 something.
View attachment 188274 View attachment 188275
I must say they look super swanky like in that colour, really goes well against the blue bodywork.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Stanningtonglen
Please tell me you bought them....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

View attachment 188274 View attachment 188275
They would look great on a black bus aswell.

It's going in for a service on Tuesday.
Have to say the more I look at the pics the more I like em, looks I'm gonna have to go back and buy myself some rims and rubber

And yes Rob they would look great on ya bus

I have been looking at the Stuttgart ST2's (bronze/black for my black Avant), so keen to know more about these 'issues' the supplier reported?

I have been looking at the Stuttgart ST2's (bronze/black for my black Avant), so keen to know more about these 'issues' the supplier reported?

Hi, poor manufacturing (China) Ithey kept having problems with em cracking and poor quality finish . Even when they replaced em they went the same also customer service was not good as well. As I was saying I like two different wheels but they all came under the same brand., the Riviera RV 135 in black & bronze was the other one.
Hope this helps