1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got myself a lovely Smoker!

daytonamart Jun 4, 2018

1. daytonamart

daytonamart Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have just picked up a A6 C6 2.0 TDi as a third car smoker.

The idea is to run it as a "do it all" car that I 'm not so precious about as my A5 or Wifeys A1.

So far it's been loaded with stone chippings and wood with the seats down, I love the boot!!!

I picked it up for 4k with 117k on the clock, brought some new wipers and need to get the air con fixed as it's not working, Alloys aren't in great nick but that's fine. Interior is tip top and after a good coat of Colinite 845 it came up pretty well.

Pics:

jb 50.jpg jbfq 50.jpg side 50.jpg ins 50.jpg

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. daytonamart

Okay, so Air con is now fixed. Turns out it was a pressure switch so bumper off job.

Under £200 fix and now I'm cold, ice cold, maybe too cold!!

Bring on the miles!

Sandra likes this.
  4. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Lovely addition to the Fleet Mart, enjoy :) x

daytonamart likes this.
  5. daytonamart

So........ that didn't last long.

I thought I could live with the alloys being a bit scuffed, turns out I couldn't so I had them all refurbished last week.

In truth I absolutely love my C6, I have spent time polishing the body work, it's had a small service, aircon got fixed, door blade got re-attached, I polished the exhaust tips, I polished the light clusters, replaced the wheel nut covers and centre caps, got a new registration for her (she's called Jellybean), for a 10 year old car it's in great shape. ex 50.jpg sl 50.jpg ss 50.jpg nr 50.jpg

I get at least 50 mpg, the car is really well built and actually quieter inside than my A5 due to smaller tyres I think and overall it's a lovely place to spend time. All set for a trip to Dorset!

la50.jpg

RS4B5, Roadrunner146 and Sandra like this.
  6. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Looking awesome Mart. Enjoy the trip to Dorset. :) x

daytonamart likes this.
  7. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

So when are you mapping it.:icon thumright:

8. daytonamart

You are spot on there as it is underpowered for sure, first gear pull aways can be a bit scary.

Would a map iron this out?

9. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

Would make a huge difference.
    I have a tuned supercharged v6 and don't suffer with any setting off issues, I look for the smallest gap between traffic .
    I've read that the 2.0l in an A6 is underpowered down to the weight of the car.

daytonamart likes this.
  10. jasminder singh

jasminder singh New Member

looks great :thumbs up:

daytonamart likes this.
  11. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition Audi A6 S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

I have the 2.0 170 and agree with the first gear issue. I got a bluefin map for mine and 1st gear has improved but it's obviously still a bit slow of the mark due to the weight.

I see the dtuk box quotes an extra 20bhp and a bit more torque over the bluefin

daytonamart likes this.