Got myself a BiTurbo! :)

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Evening all, new to the A6 club, but been on the forum forever...

Here's my C7 A6 Avant S-Line 3.0 TDI BiTurbo :cool:

Excuse the poor quality pics, they are off the dealer website.
10410171_10153073466305880_1629796424059448976_n.jpg

12065732_10153073466410880_1168061834541033705_n.jpg

313 horses and 44MPG! Amazing!! :D
12115629_10153073454185880_2113242943075627135_n.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc, mcwharam, adcooper and 2 others
Welcome to the bitdi club
Any plans? Still impressed of how much the engine pulls!

I'm still trying to get use to the power! Not driven one prior to purchasing it, the test drive did the selling! Only plans is maybe a remap, and a change of wheels, but it looks good as is. I do prefer the rotor wheels though, but not too keen on running 20" rims.

Reactions: Sandra
I've read into revo stage one. They did a lot of development with this engine, search for their read up online.
I've booked my allroad in for colour coding the arches. Then it's an rs6 grill

Reactions: IceHanger
I've read into revo stage one. They did a lot of development with this engine, search for their read up online.
I've booked my allroad in for colour coding the arches. Then it's an rs6 grill

The Revo map doesn't really offer much gains? MRC seems a better bet with before and after power plots. Even the plug in type tuning box from Tdi Tuning ups the power more than Revo, and it's a reversible mod!

Thought I'd move this to a new thread instead of hogging the pics thread! ;)

Who's MRC? I'd want reliable power and not heard of them much?

MRC are one of the UK's top tuners for Audi RS models!

http://www.mrctuning.com/

They don't list the BiTurbo as such, but VAG 3.0TDI, same thing?

+55bhp for £500+vat, I presume they will do a before and after powerplot on their rollers, so will give you a general idea of engine health?

Revo is £399+vat

Power hikes to 338-348 depending on fuel quality.

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/audi/a6/204/stage-1/

TDI-Tuning

£299.99+vat, power increase to 377bhp, this is plug and play, and is reversable.

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and...win_channel_diesel_tuning_box_chip_P7049.html

I did this bit of research before buying the car! lol :) My only concern is the strength of the gearbox, can it handle the extra torque?!
754 Nm(556 lb-ft)is not to be sniffed at!

Reactions: Nilz and Sandra
Great choice Joe,I've been in one and they are rapid…seriously.

Reactions: jojo
Great choice, so come on then what's the spec????!!

I've 20's on mine, and they are so kerbable, 3 times in 2 weeks - one done by a valet parking at the airport (it was nighttime and I didn't see the scuff ...... The other was emergency avoidance of a old dear swaying into my lane........ Gutted. But I'll leave them as they are for a while whilst I save up some money!

It's a beast .

Any plans to drift nearly two tons around Camp Corner ?

Reactions: jojo and Sandra
I had a bit of an email exchange with one of the tuners about there results for this engine. I think it was revo. As there improvement seemed quite small, typically you could hope for at least 25 - 30% increase from a map so 313bhp would go to around 390-420 bhp.
I am on holiday atm so doing this on my phone so can't look at my old emails easily. The reason for the lower power increases was explained by the need to stop within safe limits for the gearbox and engine. The factory EGT limits are not exceeded and the torque is restricted to look after the gearbox. Did a quick search and found a company dp-race.com who have tuned one to 385bhp 833nm but if you look at the dyno plot you can see they have really tweaked the fuelling at 3600 to get a peak to make that power. It also makes 833nm at 1800rpm real stump pulling stuff . Personally I probably wouldn't want much more than 750nm through the box for longevity and I would be inclined not to use a tuning box and get a proper map. If you are keeping the dpfs this car has two you need to make sure the fuelling is looked after.

Reactions: Misikee and jojo
Great purchase Jojo, the car looks spot on!!

Have you had a look at MSL Performance for tuning, they have a dyno and have some great results on some of the cars they have tuned, they are based in Birmingham (local), so maybe worth giving them a call (the one in Small Heath).

Great choice, so come on then what's the spec????!!

I've 20's on mine, and they are so kerbable, 3 times in 2 weeks - one done by a valet parking at the airport (it was nighttime and I didn't see the scuff ...... The other was emergency avoidance of a old dear swaying into my lane........ Gutted. But I'll leave them as they are for a while whilst I save up some money!

The car is in my others half name, so technically, it's 'her' car, even though I'll be using it 80% of the time! The 18s was kerbed on all four corners by her, so 20s is a Nono!
Nothing to shout about regarding spec to be honest, I think I purchased it for the colour and engine combo. It's an S-Line, I know that much, it has a lot of toys compared to my Passat B5, so I'm happy! Need to download a 2012 brochure to see what's been added?

It's a beast .

Any plans to drift nearly two tons around Camp Corner ?

Haha, highly unlikely mate, this thing is like 2.2tons! Doubt I'd ever track it!

I had a bit of an email exchange with one of the tuners about there results for this engine. I think it was revo. As there improvement seemed quite small, typically you could hope for at least 25 - 30% increase from a map so 313bhp would go to around 390-420 bhp.
I am on holiday atm so doing this on my phone so can't look at my old emails easily. The reason for the lower power increases was explained by the need to stop within safe limits for the gearbox and engine. The factory EGT limits are not exceeded and the torque is restricted to look after the gearbox. Did a quick search and found a company dp-race.com who have tuned one to 385bhp 833nm but if you look at the dyno plot you can see they have really tweaked the fuelling at 3600 to get a peak to make that power. It also makes 833nm at 1800rpm real stump pulling stuff . Personally I probably wouldn't want much more than 750nm through the box for longevity and I would be inclined not to use a tuning box and get a proper map. If you are keeping the dpfs this car has two you need to make sure the fuelling is looked after.

Yeah, I'm not after a maxed out map, something gearbox friendly, and improved economy would be ideal. Any power increase is just a bonus, there really is no need to go quicker than what it can already! But hey, I never say no to power! :D

Great purchase Jojo, the car looks spot on!!

Have you had a look at MSL Performance for tuning, they have a dyno and have some great results on some of the cars they have tuned, they are based in Birmingham (local), so maybe worth giving them a call (the one in Small Heath).

I'll pick you up in it for lunch sometime bud.

@jojo, yes mate, next week one of the days if you are about.

Have a look at JD engineering in Holland. They have done a few of the biturbos and the guys are really happy with them. About €1200 for the map taking it to about 400 bhp and 825nm. There was word he is working on a gearbox remap as well. One of the guys on vwaudi got 420 from his A7. Apparently they are also getting better economy too. There's also supposed to be an option for one of these things which you can turn the map on and off through the OBD port.

Congrats. If you want to see it at it's fastest, stick it in manual, dynamic setting and with all the driving assistance off (as much as it goes) and let it shift up for you. You can also mini launch control it by holding the brake and bringing revs up and then letting the brake go.

I wouldn't worry about gearbox - think it is the same as rs6 and rs7 rather than the twin clutch which can't handle the torque.

Have a look at JD engineering in Holland. They have done a few of the biturbos and the guys are really happy with them. About €1200 for the map taking it to about 400 bhp and 825nm. There was word he is working on a gearbox remap as well. One of the guys on vwaudi got 420 from his A7. Apparently they are also getting better economy too. There's also supposed to be an option for one of these things which you can turn the map on and off through the OBD port.

Gearbox map? To quicken up the response? (Sorry not that tech minded!)

Cheers

The gearbox remap changes some of the characteristics so you get faster changes, changes at different revs and better response apparently.

Reactions: gordie1973
So I've not actually driven my BiTurbo since Wednesday, as it's currently not insured, I'm in the process of transferring my private reg onto it!
Kind of frustrating really, as a new insurance policy for this car comes out at £452 F/C, and my current insurers want £356 for the remaining 6 months!, they are offering mt £170 rebait if I cancel the current insurance, which makes 12 months only £280!! I'm waiting for a quote from one of the forum sponsors which includes a few choice mods and remap. :)

I've looked into the options I have for a remap, and whilst the remap option brings in the best power increase, it's the torque increase I'm worried about with regards to the gearbox! My example has over 90k miles on it, so it's pretty 'used', albeit, mainly motorway miles I'm guessing. The standard gearbox is rated at 770nm apparently, although some sources say 1000nm, as it's basically the same gearbox as an RS6/7 apparently? I need to speak to MRC for some professional opinion, or I'm going down the tuning box route, which is the best option for fuel economy according to the reviews.

I didn't realise your box was the 8 speed tiptronic, I believe these are a lot more hardy than the DSG gearboxs and as you say if it's the same gearbox as used in the RS6 It should hopefully take some stick. MRC have tuned RS6's to more than 1000Nm so the gearbox will take that but reliably for how long. If it's designed to take 770Nm then it should be good for 850 I would have thought.

I didn't realise your box was the 8 speed tiptronic, I believe these are a lot more hardy than the DSG gearboxs and as you say if it's the same gearbox as used in the RS6 It should hopefully take some stick. MRC have tuned RS6's to more than 1000Nm so the gearbox will take that but reliably for how long. If it's designed to take 770Nm then it should be good for 850 I would have thought.
Yes Karl, they switched to the 8spd tiptronic on this engine due to the torque output!

Welcome to the bi t club
I did a far amount of research when I picked mine up last year, MRC came out the best from what I found, didn't go through with it as after a chat with the local Audi dealer about the check sum checks they have to do now when I car comes in, put me off screwing the warranty up. It didn't matter how map friendly they they have to do it and held to ransom by the computer lol

Just like to add my 10p, after a good chat with some of the leading tuners,yes Tiptronic box in the bi t is the same as the RS due to the torque, so it can take a lot more

Welcome to the bi t club
I did a far amount of research when I picked mine up last year, MRC came out the best from what I found, didn't go through with it as after a chat with the local Audi dealer about the check sum checks they have to do now when I car comes in, put me off screwing the warranty up. It didn't matter how map friendly they they have to do it and held to ransom by the computer lol

Just like to add my 10p, after a good chat with some of the leading tuners,yes Tiptronic box in the bi t is the same as the RS due to the torque, so it can take a lot more

The TR1 check sum is no issue to me, as the car has over 90k and out of warranty. However, my research tells me a tuning box gives better mpg and a half decent power up. MRC is probably the best option for me if I was just after power, but I need to factor in some reliability, since I plan to keep this car for at least 5 years!

Good to know about the gearbox also, so it's a strong unit then! :)

Reactions: IceHanger
Reactions: cata_adc, evans1089 and IceHanger
Evening all, new to the A6 club, but been on the forum forever...

Here's my C7 A6 Avant S-Line 3.0 TDI BiTurbo :cool:

Excuse the poor quality pics, they are off the dealer website.
10410171_10153073466305880_1629796424059448976_n.jpg

12065732_10153073466410880_1168061834541033705_n.jpg

313 horses and 44MPG! Amazing!! :D
12115629_10153073454185880_2113242943075627135_n.jpg
@jojo - Very nice. I like a lot :thumbs up:

I've also booked my A6 in for an exterior paint correction/detail and winter protection on the 14th from a fellow ASN member. Should look amazing afterwards. :)

Does anyone know where the sensor is for the handsfree boot opening system? I tried sweeping my foot all along the underside of the rear bumper, can't get it to work?

Does anyone know where the sensor is for the handsfree boot opening system? I tried sweeping my foot all along the underside of the rear bumper, can't get it to work?
its just under the rear bumper maybe within it think its about 2 foot long. mine opens when I don`t want it to then won`t when I do want it to lol especially when cleaning the car

So I finally stuck my private reg on the car after the documents arrived this morning. 8 days turn around to transfer the reg over from my old car to new, not too shabby at all DVLA! Double bonus was my insurance company didn't charge me for the plate change on the policy.

I've ordered an RS6 grill with the black surround also, and a TDI-Tuning box aswell, using the ASN discount code with 10% off. Works out a bit cheaper than the DTUK alternative, which probably does the same job at the end of the day. Now the search for some nice wheels! :D

Reactions: fingermouse
and a TDI-Tuning box as well
Which tuning box did you go for, single or dual channel ? . I think the 2 channel boxes would be better if you are keeping the DPF, On a single channel box there is no way that the boost can be increased, thus you are relying on there being a surplus of spare oxygen to burn the extra fuel injected.
I would like to see how the box will increase the top speed by 10mph as it is limited to 155mph which it will do easily as standard.

ive fitted the RS6 pedal covers :) not sure if im going to tune it or not yet :(

That will be on the 'to do' list thank youverymuch! Lol Did you get the alloy footrest also?

Which tuning box did you go for, single or dual channel ? . I think the 2 channel boxes would be better if you are keeping the DPF, On a single channel box there is no way that the boost can be increased, thus you are relying on there being a surplus of spare oxygen to burn the extra fuel injected.
I would like to see how the box will increase the top speed by 10mph as it is limited to 155mph which it will do easily as standard.

On my model, it is only available with the 2 channel setup? It's the one I went for anyways. In the tdi-tuning text, the tuning box is only effective once the car is warm, when it's cold it's running standard power, to protect the dpf's.

I wonder how it knows the engine temperature ? . Quite often the MAP sensor also contains the air intake temperature sensor so it may have access to that but that doesn't really tell it how hot the engine is, If there is a sensor built into the actual module measuring underbonnet temps then the location of the tuning module would have a great effect on it's operation. Or is it that it doesn't do anything for the first 5 minutes ? .