Got myself a BiTurbo! :)

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
No way that's mad
Yes way, you need to tell the car what battery you are putting in, it’s not like an 8L you just swop batteries, fire up and off you go! Lol

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
thats insane, its a battery. Audi are gonna dry hump me for a battery. Surely a Bosch S5 can be fitted ????

Had mine on charge for 18 hrs and it still didn`t go green on the charger so looks like it could be getting poorly.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Only just realised that the Kufatec Sound Booster Pro does this on startup when the car is in ‘dynamic’ mode. I’ve been using this at the petrol station and school car park whilst picking jnr up! Lol. :D

Spiedhermonkey

VCDS Map User
Yes way, you need to tell the car what battery you are putting in, it’s not like an 8L you just swop batteries, fire up and off you go! Lol

I was told the same thing with my old A6 C6, but I changed the battery a couple of times & never needed to do this. A half decent run after changing it & it was fine. Could be different on the C7 I suppose, but I’m dubious. Unless of course you’ve actually experienced issues changing the battery yourself, but if not I wouldn’t believe it.

Looking at what you info you put in it’s just the serial number and manufacture. So long as battery is like for like I can’t see it being important tbh.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
I was told the same thing with my old A6 C6, but I changed the battery a couple of times & never needed to do this. A half decent run after changing it & it was fine. Could be different on the C7 I suppose, but I’m dubious. Unless of course you’ve actually experienced issues changing the battery yourself, but if not I wouldn’t believe it.
I believe if you stick exactly the same battery in as before, then there isn’t an issue? It’s to do with the whole stop start and energy recover systems I think?